Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server should I transfer to?

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Just coming back to the game and my guild is dead and server is kind of meh.  So I plan to transfer to a new server.  Debating on which I would like to transfer to.  Now that transfers cost RL money I'm thinking the server populations are less likely to fluxate as much.  Any advice would be much appreciated!

The things I am looking for / interested in

• Higher pop server - prefer one of the very high/ full servers ( hate playing alone)
  • Mostly english speaking.  I know there are a few servers that are the "unnofical brazillian" server or some such.  These servers tend to have a higher healthy pop, but a lot of the people are talking in a language I can't understand.
  • Interested in both W3 and PvE.  Ideally the server will have a decent smattering of people across the PvE zones.
  • Competitive in W3, don't want to get trounced every single match because our server has no leaders or communication.
Might be asking for a lot, but you never know =)

Comments

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Updated-World-Ratings-Jan-25

All of these seem to be high / competitive:

Sea of Sorrows 1
    Jade Quarry 2
    Blackgate 3
    Sanctum of Rall 4

Tarnished Coast 5 - I'm here and it seems like a bunch of Stormbluff Isle (6) moved to Sanctum of Rall or elsewhere so WvW is bad atm.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    EU or US?

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

I'm on Tarnished Coast. It's quite populated and tier 2 for WvW

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Sanctum of Rall is a good place and we are closing in on tier 1 WvW!:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Was just about to say this, I forgot your in the same server  as I.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by RizelStar

:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Sounds like the OP wants to join Sea of Sorrows.

Also doesn't matter about the rankings in WvW at the moment. Gets reset next week.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    they bumped up server caps again for the update as they always do so you can go to any server right now...SoS & JQ are the top populated ones and most competitive in WVW, BG is climbing up there as well, I also heard Kaineng is rising rather quickly. Better decide fast tho tbh cause they will mostly go full again in the next couple weeks.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Sorry definitly US based.  I don't necessarily want to be the top dog in WvW every time.  But I would like to at least be competitive.  There are those servers out there that just get trounced EVERY match.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by ragz45

• Mostly english speaking.  I know there are a few servers that are the "unnofical brazillian" server or some such.  These servers tend to have a higher healthy pop, but a lot of the people are talking in a language I can't understand.
    This is by far the most important element for me though.  I would like the other points also, but this is pretty much the only "must have" for me.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

This ^

Not only is it a strong WvW server, but the server has a great community overall. If you go to the server website, there's always events going on, and people active in all parts of the game.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by aesperus

This ^

Not only is it a strong WvW server, but the server has a great community overall. If you go to the server website, there's always events going on, and people active in all parts of the game.

I will be waiting on SoS to crush you.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• jaycejayce Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by RizelStar

:)

where i, and my fellow jade quarry server mates, will be looking forward to seeing you both when you get here to T1. from the looks of it, some time tomorrow night.

gl/hf