Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POE

POE > everything else.

If you ever actually played D2.  Like legit played it - on ladder seasons ( i played for 8 years) then you can understand why this game trumps D3 and is a blessing after playing D2.

If you are however a blizzard fan boy - and think d3 is awesome - and enjoy playing rehashed content for years - then yeah Path  Of Exile probably wont seem interesting.

I mean a FFX skill tree - with skill gems - unique currency system - no RMAH - no gold spammers - unique default - Hardcore - PVP ladders and awesome microtransactions - that only provide cosmetic effects (no p2w) ........ is pretty freaking boring, so i can see why people are hating.....

Comments

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Parasitenoir

POE > everything else.

........ is pretty freaking boring, so i can see why people are hating.....

i lol'd at your love/hate relationship with this great little game...

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by zerocount

POE > everything else.

I think he was being sarcastic

• UndeadlyUndeadly Member Posts: 52

I am really enjoying POE.  It is Same old same old really but it is good-looking, engrossing and fun.

It is very addictive like WOW. There is alot to like about it.

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Yeah I didn't discount sarcasm so I kept my reply light hearted lol
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

I was lucky enough to have early access to this game, several months before open beta, due to the generousity of a member of these very forums in fact.

I have really enjoyed my time in PoE.  The largest issue for me initially was the lack of "gold' or other standard currency.  I do *like* how they have handled currency mind you.. I think it's great that the actual currency has an every-day use..  But I will say that the initial lack of a coin currency was disarming at first.  "gold" or "plat" building is one of my favorite things to generate in games.  It's fun becoming rich, especially through auction houses in mmorpgs.  Anyway..

Beyond that, which isn't really a complaint anyway, I have no complaints.  I keep the D3 CE Box right in front of me as a reminder that all games must earn your money/respect regardless of their history.  To me, D3 was an abomination.  And while it's true that PoE is a slightly different type of game, I really enjoy it.

• ParasitenoirParasitenoir Member Posts: 43

Yeah I didn't discount sarcasm so I kept my reply light hearted lol

Originally posted by fayknaym

POE > everything else.

I think he was being sarcastic

Yeah sarcasm heavy - but in all seriouesness now - people that hate on this game because its a "clone" which im reading in other threads - have not played this game for more than 10 minutes.  The only way you could define this game as clone is to say its an ARPG - with characters/spells/abilities - otherwise the way in whcih they do passive spell tree - gems - currency - ladder leagues is absolutely amazing.  This GGG group created something with 17 people in 6 years - that blizzard could not create with 12 years and a billion dollar company - woohoo -

NOW ALSO PLEASE ALL BLIZZARD FAN BOYS BEGIN RANTING AGAINST ME WOOOHOOOOOO

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    PoE is good in every area D3 is bad and vice versa. Both games could learn alot from each other imo.
  • neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

Although there are many strong points, especially the skill tree, there are far too many weak ones and that is stopping me from logging in. After all, I came here wondering what else was F2P that I could try.

The points that bother me are:

• No full respec
      • That is a major point because there is always a possibility that the game is unbalanced for a spec, that they change points and chosing the wrong one turns out to be a major waste of time. Why spend hours in a game if at the end I'm getting screwed? Not worth it from my side.
    • No way of selling/buying without having to deal with teenturd wannabe businessmen
      • Some people take games seriously, I dont. If I want to play business, I do so with real money.
    • Lack of brightness
      • Screen is darker on top and playing this game while sitting straight does not feel relaxing in the least bit.
    • A lot of flashing in screen
      • There are more interesting things to look at than a flashing screen. This alone wouldnt be that bad, but with all the other problems it gets annoying as well as give headaches.
    • No sloppy click (which for these games is extremely useful)
      • Not only is there no sloppy clicks, but sometimes clicking on the mob moves the character instead of attacking the mob.
    • Characters are slow-moving
      • When everything feels slow, you feel like your clock moves faster than your character, you fall asleep, play less and eventually just give up. I think I'm close to give up.
    • Zoom out is still too close
      • It was really cool for framerates in 1998 when zooms were close, but we evolved since then, my computer can actually generate graphics. That is a memo GGG missed
    At least, unlike GW2, their cash shop truly is cosmetic only and they didnt build the whole game around getting you to buy. So for that they got it right. However, whomever decided on the gameplay lacks skills in that department. He is either an old timer or someone that simply lacks the skills to make those kinds of decisions.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by neobahamut20

Although there are many strong points, especially the skill tree, there are far too many weak ones and that is stopping me from logging in. After all, I came here wondering what else was F2P that I could try.

• No full respec
      • That is a major point because there is always a possibility that the game is unbalanced for a spec, that they change points and chosing the wrong one turns out to be a major waste of time. Why spend hours in a game if at the end I'm getting screwed? Not worth it from my side.
    Take your time and read/research before choosing. All the info you need is there.
    • No way of selling/buying without having to deal with teenturd wannabe businessmen
      • Some people take games seriously, I dont. If I want to play business, I do so with real money.
    Having a P2Win AH was D3's absolute biggest flaw and will ultimately be it's downfall as PoE's popularity ramps up.
    • Lack of brightness
      • Screen is darker on top and playing this game while sitting straight does not feel relaxing in the least bit.
    The Diablo franchise was once a lot darker too!
      • There are more interesting things to look at than a flashing screen. This alone wouldnt be that bad, but with all the other problems it gets annoying as well as give headaches.
    Never played a video game that didn't have flashing on screen. 
      • Not only is there no sloppy clicks, but sometimes clicking on the mob moves the character instead of attacking the mob.
    Sloppy clicks are for sloppy games.
      • When everything feels slow, you feel like your clock moves faster than your character, you fall asleep, play less and eventually just give up. I think I'm close to give up.
    Characters move slower than the default D3 & TL2 speed, however, your speed/attack speed can be increased quickly and quite substantially through passives and gear. Look up some vids of high level play and see for yourself. Meanwhile, Blizzard nerfed every attempt at stacking cool attributes.
      • It was really cool for framerates in 1998 when zooms were close, but we evolved since then, my computer can actually generate graphics. That is a memo GGG missed
    This is not some mmo where you can zoom out and hide a kilometer behind your summoned minions. The zoom level is set on purpose to prevent OP ranged mechanics.

At least, unlike GW2, their cash shop truly is cosmetic only and they didnt build the whole game around getting you to buy. So for that they got it right. However, whomever decided on the gameplay lacks skills in that department. He is either an old timer or someone that simply lacks the skills to make those kinds of decisions.
    Please share your game making resume with us all.

My thoughts in red.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

• I don't think it's fair to blame your monitors verticle viewing angle range on the game.
      • Don't know what you are talking about, probably your monitor again.
      • You're asking for easy mode. Which is fine.. but your only reason for this is that you can't or don't want to aim properly.
      • Get higher level.. get some run speed passives.. heavy armour reduces speed (a certain passive can fix it).. get some run speed boots; I have some +25% run speed boots, get some.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

• No full respec
    • Lack of brightness

I wont tear into what you said because its a preferance thing. Though every negative you stated is something I like about the game lol.

I will be fully content once we get an option to set loot rules in party

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Maybe it's just me but I really like to pick if I am playing a male or female. It's want I really didn't like about Diablo 2. The game is otherwise blah to me.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Adoni
    Maybe it's just me but I really like to pick if I am playing a male or female. It's want I really didn't like about Diablo 2. The game is otherwise blah to me.

If you fully understood the skill system you would know that you can make any class and any gender be or do whatever you want. There are no classes in this game, just starting points on the passive skill tree. Every class can do everything another class can with the right passive build.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.