Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been there done that, nothing new to see here.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by darkblight
    events> warhammer online. 

wvwvw  poor copy of DAOC, very poor copy. 

Battle Grounds ( wow does them better w/ arena's)

Itemization: a joke. Mixing and matching stats/ builds does very little. 

The name of the game is Guild Wars, and without a top tier guild you are nothing. No way to really impact the game or other players, 99% of the time you will not bother to chat or deal with other people, as there is no need to. 

At the end of the day players like a world they can interact with and have a impact on, this game is more like a concentration camp, your name becomes some randomized number and you are sent of to your corner to do your job. 

This is a great game for a first time mmo player, to teach them the bare minimum a game can offer and be a mmo, but for any depth look elsewhere. 

I have been really trying to give it a go lately, But i always get the feeling that im progressing to nothing. Dynamic event, after dynamic event, To do more dynamic events.

What happens at the end? Dynamic events to get money for gear? Gear for more Dynamic events?

I suppose there would be dungeons as well, Either way i wish there was more "fleshed out" progression with my character.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Its always good to just let it all out.

Always?    In tightly packed elevators?

Silent but deadly, ftw.

If it's silent, those are the best places. image

Screw that. Make it loud, look cute, and blame the oldest guy in the elevator.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by Rayshe

Silent but deadly, ftw.

Damn you, being the old guy on the elevator I go silent of course but it's people like you that make my life hell.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

MIKAHR:

duel you for character deletion?

played it since release, 3 lvl 80's

the game is trash.

deeper game than GW2?  -- easy, path of exiles, Doac, SwG, UO, EQ2, Lineage 1/ 2, even runes of magic.

love the you don't drink the kool aid you never played it argument.

bug again, as i care nothing for the account, duel me for character deletion.. unless you are scarred?

So you played a game you feel is trash and yet you manage to get 3 toons to lvl 80?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Yes, I can definitely see my impact on the world in every other MMO. OOh, wait. Not a single MMO offers you the ability to exercise a "permanent impact" on the world. EQ 1/2 didn't, UO didn't, DaOC didn't, SWG didn't, WoW didn't,  SWTOR didn't, AoC didn't, Warhammer didn't, do I need to keep going. I am more than happy to look at any MMO you suggest and I will readily and GLADLY point out to youi how your actions don't affect the world in any way.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• darkblightdarkblight Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Yes, I can definitely see my impact on the world in every other MMO. OOh, wait. Not a single MMO offers you the ability to exercise a "permanent impact" on the world. EQ 1/2 didn't, UO didn't, DaOC didn't, SWG didn't, WoW didn't,  SWTOR didn't, AoC didn't, Warhammer didn't, do I need to keep going. I am more than happy to look at any MMO you suggest and I will readily and GLADLY point out to youi how your actions don't affect the world in any way.

player run cities in UO .. that does not impact the world?

player run cities in swg... same thing?

warhammer i did not have on my list, was a bad game. swtor same thing, its trash.

WoW used to let only a few players be Grans Mashals etc and stand out in the world with their pvp gear, the first Grand Marshal is still the first, thus impacting the world.

not trying to defend wow, i do not really show it alot of love, but it's better than gw2.

as far as the comments about me having 3 80's and the game being trash, i try/ play every major MMO release to give it a fair shake.

So if i do not play the game, i cannot say it's trash, and if i did play the game and have 3 characters, i cannot say it's trash because i played it so much ( 1.5 months or so)

[mod edit]

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Rayshe

Silent but deadly, ftw.

Volume is for sissies. The goal is to peel paint, friz hair, dissolve simple plastics and generally make the other passengers contemplate suicide as a valid escape option.

You kind of have to be the old guy for that one, really.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by fivoroth

player run cities in UO .. that does not impact the world?

Er, I still have Lich King statue dedicated to me (and 9 others)...granted, it's not a real big permanent effect...nor unique (one on every server).

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by mikahr

events> warhammer online. 

wvwvw  poor copy of DAOC, very poor copy. 

Battle Grounds ( wow does them better w/ arena's)

Itemization: a joke. Mixing and matching stats/ builds does very little. 

The name of the game is Guild Wars, and without a top tier guild you are nothing. No way to really impact the game or other players, 99% of the time you will not bother to chat or deal with other people, as there is no need to. 

At the end of the day players like a world they can interact with and have a impact on, this game is more like a concentration camp, your name becomes some randomized number and you are sent of to your corner to do your job. 

This is a great game for a first time mmo player, to teach them the bare minimum a game can offer and be a mmo, but for any depth look elsewhere. 

1. i agree, i would even say events >>>>>> WHO

2. Its better than DAOC in more ways than its worse. Rose colored glasses bro

3. Hardly. And its just a groundwork for more elaborate system.

4. This prooves you NEVER played GW2. Itemization/build can COMPLETELY change how your class plays from glass cannon to bunker build

5. Another proof you never played the game, you dont even know what "Guild Wars" was. And of course joining a good guild has impact, but im guildless and enjoying it, you dont have to be in a guild to have friends, that is if they actually like you.

And again the guy that promotes "forced social interaction" and doesnt know that what HE wants is - anti social. Maybe theres a reason people dont want to talk/play with YOU.

6. You can interact with the world in GW2 more than in 99% of MMOs out there. And it gives more freedom.

7. And here we go again, please point us all to that mythical MMO that is "deeper" than GW2 because noone can find it.

Play it first, then comment. And its ironic that now that they removed rez zerging in dungeons all those "MMO vets", that dont even know basic thing as how to properly dodge, QQ "ITS TOO HARD" even if someone soloed it ( no gear to blame here even) rofl

You are so awesome. Please, tell us more about what we have and have not played...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

MIKAHR:

the game is trash.

deeper game than GW2?  -- easy, path of exiles, Doac, SwG, UO, EQ2, Lineage 1/ 2, even runes of magic.

bug again, as i care nothing for the account, duel me for character deletion.. unless you are scarred?

Wow, we in kindergarten...or sumthin? Leave 5 years old kids stuff aside bro

No you didnt.

Well, if GW2 is trash, and all other are worse, what are all others?

Played most of them. Deeper? ROFL.

Idioticly long grind =/= deeper rofl those games are shallow as it gets, only thing they DO have are stupidly long grinds. UO is as bad (even worse) than it was. EQ2? OMG, thats one of the worse games i tried, i never understood how could they made such a bad game, even group of kids would do better. L2 is best of the lot by a margin, but still not even close, mostly just stupidly long grind without much substance.

Now if you actually DID mention game that could be considered more deeper, but since you didnt big ROFL on your part

I like your rose colored glasses, but i DONT want to wear them.

Originally posted by Slampig

You are so awesome. Please, tell us more about what we have and have not played...

Yes i am and i will. Its VERY easy to tell wheter someone played i or just watch a bit of Youtube (like the guy that claimed you have only 5 abilities at any given time or one that claim "itemization/build does very little")

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    If you have 3 level 80's then you get value for your money and obviously enjoyed the game for a decent time before you got bored. Some people are just incapable of being rational.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    How can you enjoy a game enough to level 2 chars and think its trash actually, what an odd thing to lie about, why?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Didn't grab me for long got a toon to level 70'ish but a mate of mind is loving it, he's in a PvP guild rocking Piken square EU in world PvP so as with all things you cannot please everyone all of the time.
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    If you have 3 level 80's then you get value for your money and obviously enjoyed the game for a decent time before you got bored. Some people are just incapable of being rational.

Yep throw this back at em. Just from the title, I figured the OP got 100% World Completion, Been There. Done that. I wouldn't be surpised if OP played since release and just now got tired. Also posts appear with sporadic thoughts, and compares GW2 to a concentration camp, and then goes on to challenge people to duels, which aren't even in game. I guess you can try and set up some rubbish in WvW or PvP 1on1.

Anyways, what I wanted to say is some people have rough lives and playing games that are like concentration camps is something they must endure for month after month. All we can really do is hope their lives improve.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Eluldor

playing games that are like concentration camps

Funny thing is that all games that he mentions as "deeper" are/were 10 times worse in that respect lol

Nostalgia got a better of me when L2 went F2P so i gave it a go after quite a while, and man, i dont really want to play it again, didnt even make it to second class change (and its VERY fast now compared to before). Past things are better left in past, and  comparing those games with GW2 is like comparing Ford T with McLaren F1.

• darkblightdarkblight Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

So a guy comes, bashes the game, saying it is, I quote, "trash", and yet he admits he has 3 level 80 characters in that same game... doesn't that ring a bell? And alarm, even? Come on, guys, you aren't forum noobs, most of you are seasoned posters at least here.

Even someone who would never have played GW2 could tell what the OP is...

i had 5 max level characters in swtor ( game is also trash)

i max leveled the archer character in AOC ( game was trash)

max leveled / pvp rank a shaman in warhammer ( game was trash )

got to a competitive level in Darkfall ( game is trash )

leveled several characters in Dragons Nest ( trash)

Played to level 60 in diablo III ( trashhhh)

continued to play SWG after NGE ( trash)

yeah, i have played alot of bad games, like i said i give them a fair shot. 

there is nothing new about GW2.. world completions? you kidding me? --- thats your content?

we used to have worlds we could interact with, form alliances in build cities, loot players houses, be a good or bad character ( anti - pk, or theif/ pk)

fight over territory in the real game world, not a instance... have long super epic quest chains only a few on the server could complete for god like items ( eq2)

We used to have cool itemization ( diblo 2) and instead trade it in for gold farming and borring mlp farming ( d3)

Even guild wars 1 had a highly competitive pvp arena with well thought out teams battling for top in world slots.. and now we have a sloppy wvwvw with horrible collision mechanics that devolve into zergs we cannot even see on the screen.

you offer a opinion that is negative, you are a troll or have not played. 

you tell people you have played and challenge them to a fight to show you are a superior player, then you are a child. 

you show the fact you played the game, and went through the content, and suddenly you are not allowed to not like the game because you actually played it. 

most of the reviewers who played this game and rated it high prob leveled to maybe 20-30 and are wowed by some dynamic event (which is a rip off of warhammer and rift) that is really just a satic quest minue the exclimation points. 

i thought wow was bad for mmo's , but if people end up loving this trash then the format is truely dead. 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Snippage..

Tell me there, Dark... any games that you do like? Any of them have a constantly changing and evolving world, with permanent, slowly introduced content that will, in all actuality, change the game forever? (I haven't played most of the games you listed, so I honestly don't know.)

Why are you comparing GW1 arena combat with WvW when you should be comparing it to the fledgling sPvP?

Yes, this game is different from older MMOs, vastly different. However, different doesn't equate to trash. This exceptional game is far from being trash, as are vastly different older games that I have no interest in playing.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR
    There should be a special practice forum for trolls so we don't have to wind up tolerating amateur attempts such as this. Twice-chewed and regurgigated talking points. Oy.

While I kinda agree with you, I fail to see how you group of regulars that jump into every one of these kind of threads every time anybody farts in GW2's general direction is any less of a waste of everyone's time. Including your own.

I don't think either faction is guiltless in wasting people's time filling up these forums with numerous posts rehashing the same old crap.

Actually, since not everyone who reads the posts in the GW2 forum have been doing so long enough to spot  inaccuracies in posts like the OP, it's productive for the record to be set straight before someone new to the game gets the wrong idea about what the game is actually like.

I don't see the point of "attack posts" vs. the game, which almost always clearly cross the line seperating opinion and deliberate lies, nor do I see the point of posts whining about how diligent the forum regulars are at correcting inaccuracies. I mean, realy, what does that add to any thread?

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

So a guy comes, bashes the game, saying it is, I quote, "trash", and yet he admits he has 3 level 80 characters in that same game... doesn't that ring a bell? And alarm, even? Come on, guys, you aren't forum noobs, most of you are seasoned posters at least here.

i had 5 max level characters in swtor ( game is also trash)

i max leveled the archer character in AOC ( game was trash)

max leveled / pvp rank a shaman in warhammer ( game was trash )

got to a competitive level in Darkfall ( game is trash )

leveled several characters in Dragons Nest ( trash)

Played to level 60 in diablo III ( trashhhh)

continued to play SWG after NGE ( trash)

yeah, i have played alot of bad games, like i said i give them a fair shot. 

there is nothing new about GW2.. world completions? you kidding me? --- thats your content?

we used to have worlds we could interact with, form alliances in build cities, loot players houses, be a good or bad character ( anti - pk, or theif/ pk)

fight over territory in the real game world, not a instance... have long super epic quest chains only a few on the server could complete for god like items ( eq2)

We used to have cool itemization ( diblo 2) and instead trade it in for gold farming and borring mlp farming ( d3)

Even guild wars 1 had a highly competitive pvp arena with well thought out teams battling for top in world slots.. and now we have a sloppy wvwvw with horrible collision mechanics that devolve into zergs we cannot even see on the screen.

you offer a opinion that is negative, you are a troll or have not played. 

you tell people you have played and challenge them to a fight to show you are a superior player, then you are a child. 

you show the fact you played the game, and went through the content, and suddenly you are not allowed to not like the game because you actually played it. 

most of the reviewers who played this game and rated it high prob leveled to maybe 20-30 and are wowed by some dynamic event (which is a rip off of warhammer and rift) that is really just a satic quest minue the exclimation points. 

i thought wow was bad for mmo's , but if people end up loving this trash then the format is truely dead. 

I feel your pain, trust me. Just hang in there a little while longer because like I have said over and over again real mmos are comming.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I like how apparently a 1vs1 makes a player superior.

In GW2 1vs1 is not something people will experience loads since there is no duels so it needs to be setup via sPvP.

Second it would be easy to just post 3 screenshots of those level 80 players with a line "I'm this dude from MMORPG forums". and maybe add a /age in there.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I feel your pain, trust me. Just hang in there a little while longer because like I have said over and over again real mmos are comming.

I haven't posted in a couple weeks, and I didn't want to start trouble, but didn't you say that before Tera came out?  /shrug

edit: snip

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I haven't posted in a couple weeks, and I didn't want to start trouble, but didn't you say that before Tera came out?  /shrug

Probaly did because I have been saying it ever since I laid my eyes on ArcheAge.image

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Probaly did because I have been saying it ever since I laid my eyes on ArcheAge.image

Hmm, ok I will give you that one! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206

I'm a PvPer so I'll talk about PvP.

it's a very beautiful game but it doesn't give players a purpose or a reason to play. GW2 fans might say that you play to have fun, but that isn't enough. 

For example in daoc you wanted to progress to 1) get as high PvP rank as possible and make your character all powerful. 2) help your realm "win" the 3 faction war by taking relics 2) build a reputation amongst your allies and enemies. Make them respect you and fear you. 4) help your guild become feared/respected etc.

In WoW you wanted to progress again for fame / power / reputation / arena ranking etc.

GW2 on the other hand doesn't have much of a power progression. You are playing with and against different players each day (since transferring servers was free and is still way too easy). You can't see your enemies guilds or names and they change every 2 weeks. There is no PvP progression, and 90% of the time the WvW matchup is already either won or lost and nothing you do will change the outcome. Colin Jonanson himself admitted that they need to make WvW more competitive and give players personal progression and a reason to go out and PvP even when the 2-week matchup is already lost. Hopefully they get it right this time because ESO is coming and it's promising a game built around world PvP.

I don't really care about sPvP (never liked instanced small scale PvP)

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

MIKAHR:

the game is trash.

deeper game than GW2?  --  A Bunch of games thats been out for many years with tons of content added which I shall include to be fair.

Fixed that for you.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson