Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JJ Abrams Directing Star Wars

ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
May The FLARES Be With You ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Kekeke. ^^

I really hope he does without flares and shaky cam. :(

WIRED wrote something about Top 10 how SW VII will be: "Star Wars VII will be from Chewie's personal perspective, filmed in Super 8." XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    I'm pretty sure the new film involves the Empire and the Alliane putting aside their diffrences to work together to destroy the planet Vulcan in order to kill Wynona Ryder.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    This guy breathe a new life in Sta Trek and i hope he can do the same for Star Wars.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Director won't be the most important job on set though, I want to know who they will be using to keep George Lucas distracted.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Director won't be the most important job on set though, I want to know who they will be using to keep George Lucas distracted.

Will Lucas have any say? His entire company was sold to Disney.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I believe they're using him as a 'consultant'.

Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I believe they're using him as a 'consultant'.

Yup, so someone needs to keep him in a trailer deciding on cloth patterns for Gungan mating ritual robes and the best varnish to highlight the patina on Haydn Christiansen while they make the movie.

Lucas has confirmed that the Rebels will go through a wormhole, transversing time, to save an Oldish Obi-wan from Darth Vader. (This is why it appears he disappeared to Vadder).

Obi-Wan will be reprised by Ewan McGregor.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    I'm pretty sure the new film involves the Empire and the Alliane putting aside their diffrences to work together to destroy the planet Vulcan in order to kill Wynona Ryder.

And yet I would still prefer that over The Phantam Menace ;)

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    This guy breathe a new life in Sta Trek and i hope he can do the same for Star Wars.

+1

A Star Wars reboot could be fun, and we can remove the blemish of ep 1-3.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

+1

Please no. I'm tired of Hollywood rebooting movies. Think of something original.

• iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93

Lucas has confirmed that the Rebels will go through a wormhole, transversing time, to save an Oldish Obi-wan from Darth Vader. (This is why it appears he disappeared to Vadder).

I would ask you for source...but this makes so little sense I already know it's BS.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I guess I'll have to see it before passing judgement, but my hype is kind of low.  I really tried to watch SW Clone Wars cartoon series and couldn't get into it.  Kids might enjoy the level of comedy that got shoehorned in, but I ended up looking for something else to watch.  That might be an indication of the level of seriousness that Lucas is taking Star Wars.

I didn't mind the prequels though (excluding the dumb slapstick jokes with Jar Jar Binks and some cheesey one liners by C3PO).  The real trajedy to me was when ep 4-6 got butchered.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

HEY! I was gonna say the same thing!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

+1

It isn't a reboot. It is going to be Episode 7.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

+1

Please no. I'm tired of Hollywood rebooting movies. Think of something original.

this,

He should bring new crew in yours ST movies not ruined epic TOS ST crew,

tos Kirk was star fuc*er,this new is moron without charisma or deep personality,if He going to do same with SW , no thanx

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

TIL Amanda Grayson was Winona Ryder. Seriously didn't recognize her.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
    Originally posted by iamthekiller

I would ask you for source...but this makes so little sense I already know it's BS.

BS?

It fit's canon perfectly.

All those glowing dead Jedis, thery're not dead, they're just time travelling. (Ultimate manifestation of control over the Force.)

Yeah I'm bullshitting, but don't be surprised if my bullshitting isn't far from what we see.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now as we all know he couldn't do worse than the dire prequels. He has seen how bad they were and how unforgiving the SW fans can be (deservedly so) so therefore only an idiot would repeat those mistakes *cough*Jar Jar Binks*cough*.
  • iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93

BS?

All those glowing dead Jedis, thery're not dead, they're just time travelling. (Ultimate manifestation of control over the Force.)

Yeah I'm bullshitting, but don't be surprised if my bullshitting isn't far from what we see.

Yeah, sadly I pretty much feel the same way. I wish they would just leave the original movies be and move on. Why not make some movies with all new actors using the KOTOR era as backdrop?

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Cloverfield was epic.....

JJ has his shit down..no worries here

All Will Be Well.....

BS?

Yeah, sadly I pretty much feel the same way. I wish they would just leave the original movies be and move on. Why not make some movies with all new actors using the KOTOR era as backdrop?

Or SWTOR: The Movie

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Disney Star Wars directed by JJ Abrams would be a nightmare.

All the actors from High School musical in space, plus flares. Blergh.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

BS?

Don't even joke about that Ref! You'll jinx the whole thing. That era is no good for movies, they can't get the technology design and consistency right.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Originally posted by ignore_me

BS?

Don't even joke about that Ref! You'll jinx the whole thing. That era is no good for movies, they can't get the technology design and consistency right.

So long as they focus on the high level end game armour for the design inspiration we are good to go.