Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype level - After the update

tersaguntersagun Member UncommonPosts: 11

It's interesting to see the hype level decreasing rapidly after the announcement of Beta handling and pre-order packages.

The game was solid at around number 3. at hype meter for months and now.. going lower and lower.

I hope that would help the publishers to understand what they are doing wrong.

Comments

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

While I am still hyped for this game (more for the Foundry), I get a very nasty feeling in my gut when games now ask for money before anyone really has had a chance to take the game for a test drive...

So now I am in a holding pattern of "Let's wait and see"

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I'm not following the OP.  The game is still Free 2 Play you just have to pre-order one of two packages if you want to ensure you get into beta.  You might still get in beta without pre-order anyways and they really have not said anything about a open beta weekend.

Regradless it's a Free 2 Play game so if it bothers you wait until it launches and try it for free.  That's what I'm doing.  Personally I'm pretty much done with beta's at this point, doubly so for ones you have to pay to get into.  They have degenerated into nothing more than previews of the game and by the point they do these they are not looking for player feedback they are looking to real in pre-orders.

A developer can value their pre-order perks anyway they want and it's up to us to decide if that value is resonable or not.  There will be no shortage of people who pay $200 for the game which is their choice.  I won't be but that's mine.  My problem with PWI/Cryptic games is they all have those stupid gambling boxes in them now.  Those things consume games by pushing almost all the new assest development efforts into them instead of adding in game items because they are so profitable.  They are like the crack of video games.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by tersagun

...The game was solid at around number 3. at hype meter for months and now.. ..

Untruth detected!

I saw it going down out of top ten BEFORE the beta update. It was at number 7 a week or more before today.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I wonder why? NOT!!! After I seen that founders pack video and the horrendous gameplay/animations/imagery/everything... I lol'd and took it off of my list of purchases for 2013.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    I wonder why? NOT!!! After I seen that founders pack video and the horrendous gameplay/animations/imagery/everything... I lol'd and took it off of my list of purchases for 2013.

Don't know where this is coming from, from what I've seen is a very beautiful artful world.  Much greater than most MMOs, granted it's not wide ope spaces like the others but the artwork is really great and the German vid showed some beautiful gameplay.  Granted animations are a bit off or bad to some, not the greatest animations I've seen but workable.

But the founders pack is really bad though and cheesy.

And considering that it's F2P it technically cannot be on a list of purchases.  You can always give it a twirl when it launches just for the benifit of a doubt with you assement of the game currently.

Originally posted by gillrmn
    Originally posted by tersagun

...The game was solid at around number 3. at hype meter for months and now.. ..

Untruth detected!

I saw it going down out of top ten BEFORE the beta update. It was at number 7 a week or more before today.

His point was how even with the latest announcements it still did not jump back up to the top 5 or 7 on the main page which I thought was a bit odd considering how was up there consistently for a few months.  And with the reactions it's safe to say that quite a bit of hype was lost.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Raise Dead Right Here scrolls, 10,000 XP potions and Dungeon Master Unlock (can't use foundry from the start without this)... available to buy with real money.

That's all you need to know. PTW and main feature barriers (THE main feature).

Taking the piss.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93

Skipping the P2W grinder...I heard there are some hammers I can use to break my own fingers. Sounds like a better time.

• DragonfishDragonfish Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Vannor

Raise Dead Right Here scrolls, 10,000 XP potions and Dungeon Master Unlock (can't use foundry from the start without this)... available to buy with real money.

Taking the piss.

Explain to me how those = PTW??? Do you even know what that acronym means? To be PTW they would have to be items that give paying players a distinct advantage over non paying. All you listed are convenience items, and would only help level faster. And while I'm on the topic, who gives a crap if there is PTW in this game? (there isn't yet) As far as I can tell there is no PVP so do you really care if the other guy can clear a dungeon faster than you?

Tell me, what items exactly do you think they should sell in their cash shop that would make them enough money to fund making a game? Dye kits? Fancy useless hats? Try not to forget, they are a business and the only way they can produce a new game is if it makes a profit! I'm getting so sick of you I want eveything free crybabies.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I no longer fall into a hype category.  I also no longer will pay/prepurchase/preorder to get into a beta.  I wait until release.
    Originally posted by Dragonfish
    Originally posted by Vannor

Taking the piss.

Explain to me how those = PTW??? Do you even know what that acronym means? To be PTW they would have to be items that give paying players a distinct advantage over non paying. All you listed are convenience items, and would only help level faster. And while I'm on the topic, who gives a crap if there is PTW in this game? (there isn't yet) As far as I can tell there is no PVP so do you really care if the other guy can clear a dungeon faster than you?

Tell me, what items exactly do you think they should sell in their cash shop that would make them enough money to fund making a game? Dye kits? Fancy useless hats? Try not to forget, they are a business and the only way they can produce a new game is if it makes a profit! I'm getting so sick of you I want eveything free crybabies.

Ohhh there will be PvP that you can count on and this has been confirmed.  Whether or not at launch is to be seen, haters gonna say not in launch advocates will say it will be which I do specifically remember they said it will be but not gonna spend hours digging through interviews or vids to please the naysayers.  However they do intent to put in quality PvP and not just for the sake of having PvP.

And really until we see the cash shop no one can neither confirm nor reffute that it's P2W.  While I agree it's not on the P2W side but these founder packs do have me worried.  Gauranteed rare item chest loot, masterwork starting items, different race or "background" as some instist to call it which has a racial ability that could trump all other races all show signs that the game's cash shop will not be entirely cosmetic.  Even in STO Jack denies that selling better, or "different" as he calls em, starships does not give players an advantage.  Example cited was armor while I never played STO I been in enough MMOs to know some stats are the king of stats.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Who cares what the hype meter is and how high or low it is.  Those who like it will play those who dont will not.

However I would love to see what ArcheAge or The Repopulation do and see if everone gives them a pass.  My gut tells me me yes.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!