Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fight for LAND!

assajocunaassajocuna Member Posts: 11

land

You will see this often when you guys play. 

That pumpkin scarecrow is one person's land property. He didn't pay tax for 2 weeks. The property is about to be expired in 30 minutes. A lot of people waited till this day and are gathering to claim this land.  You cannot claim this land if an object stand on it so you'll have to fight for it. Either you just stay on that spot until people give up and go away, or if you think they are afk, you can push them out slowly by forcing them to move out (pushing them away). If you have big truck or tanks, you can push them much easier. 

Getting a free housing area is so hard these days... There's not even a single tiny room for farm in EVERY SINGLE server right now. Unless that housing area is in a bad climate (where you have serious disadvantage on crowing crops, trees, animals etc) or if it's very unsafe (warzone). 

When you guys get the game, first thing you want to do is level up fast, do merchant trades to get special coins (which you can spend on mysterious island to buy house blueprints) and pumpkin scarecrows to claim land. Look for a good spot and build your house asap. The advantage you get for getting your own house + farm is enormous.  

It took around 1-2 weeks for people to realize that house is very important, and all the spaces became full within 3rd week of the game.

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I find this a bit concerning.  Im sure though that with expansions, more land will become available.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• assajocunaassajocuna Member Posts: 11

All the new lands that are being added are unprotected areas which can be dangerous.

Best areas are protected regions which is the below level 30 quest zones. Ofcourse all the protected areas become full first and even those unprotected regions get filled very fast. Housing is the single most important thing in this game. 

You can spend your resources on building ships, tanks, carts later. But housing is done once all the land is full. Don't make the mistake i did... I only have one small house (which i'm glad that i even made 1) and don't have any farm to grow crops

or animals :(

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    Originally posted by assajocuna

land

You will see this often when you guys play. 

That pumpkin scarecrow is one person's land property. He didn't pay tax for 2 weeks. The property is about to be expired in 30 minutes. A lot of people waited till this day and are gathering to claim this land.  You cannot claim this land if an object stand on it so you'll have to fight for it. Either you just stay on that spot until people give up and go away, or if you think they are afk, you can push them out slowly by forcing them to move out (pushing them away). If you have big truck or tanks, you can push them much easier. 

Getting a free housing area is so hard these days... There's not even a single tiny room for farm in EVERY SINGLE server right now. Unless that housing area is in a bad climate (where you have serious disadvantage on crowing crops, trees, animals etc) or if it's very unsafe (warzone). 

When you guys get the game, first thing you want to do is level up fast, do merchant trades to get special coins (which you can spend on mysterious island to buy house blueprints) and pumpkin scarecrows to claim land. Look for a good spot and build your house asap. The advantage you get for getting your own house + farm is enormous.  

It took around 1-2 weeks for people to realize that house is very important, and all the spaces became full within 3rd week of the game.

Its a hard subjecy the debat about..

Because there is other sollution for it..

You should have been in darkfall where 2/3 complete clans are fighting over   a house..

Pro''s : you get pvp hotspots.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Wow, hope they find a way to fix the land issues, if not I won't bother with this one. I have no desire to fight over land by sitting there for hours or minutes waiting for it to expire...that's not fighting rofl.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Unless that housing area is in a bad climate (where you have serious disadvantage on crowing crops, trees, animals etc) or if it's very unsafe (warzone). 

Is it a flat rate on property tax or are areas like above discounted because they are unpopular?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

If you want land on unprotected region, you can just kill them all and claim the land. But building house in those regions are risky. That's why more people fight over spots on protected region. You don't have to worry about getting ambushed while building your own house and get your supplies stolen, or while you milk your own cow, they can kill you easily, or chopping your tree etc... But if you have friends or guilds that can protect you, it's all good.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

For me and my guild m8s when this comes out over here we wont be building in protected areas thats for sure.. the fun is to be had in the unprotected areas :)

• DixonHillDixonHill Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Could you elaborate more, on why it is so important to have a house/farm, op? 
  • archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

If you try to build a house on unprotecged land anyone could siege and destroy your house and crops and animals and cliam that piece of land.

Ok it woudl be funny if someone brought a mobile cannon and blow up someone's house, probabyl not funny to the owner though.

it will be land rush indeed, you need a piece of land to farm resources, wood food and others.

Crafting and gathering is the blood of this game which is why farming and claim a piece of land is important.

But yea build on protected land when the game launches, there will be dicks runing player property if you build a house unprotected land free for all land.

Originally posted by Nitth

Unless that housing area is in a bad climate (where you have serious disadvantage on crowing crops, trees, animals etc) or if it's very unsafe (warzone). 

Is it a flat rate on property tax or are areas like above discounted because they are unpopular?

I don't know the term for it but it's not flat rate. The more property you have, the amount grows bigger. After 3 properties, it almost doubles... So most people build 3 max. Generally you build small house + small scare crow + large pumpkin scare crow. I think that's around 10~12 gold. If you build 4th property, it charges you extra % on each property you own. 

Originally posted by DixonHill
    Could you elaborate more, on why it is so important to have a house/farm, op? 

You can get your own tools inside your house such as treausre boxes (storage), upgraded crafting tools(there are many), and your own portal. You can also raise crops, animals, trees, etc on your land and nobody can steal it from you.

If you grow them on non housing area, anyone can steal it.

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

More i read reviews like that, more i`m loosing interest in this game.

It looks like a job and not a game. ((((

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by theoneandonly

I agree here. It sounds like Eve where people still have the game going and selling things while at work and then come home to play more. It does not sound like fun.

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

Indeed, This pretty much murdered my interest in the game until i hear they will add more.

My whole interest in the Titel lays on the housing and crafting part.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Non-carebear housing system?  Sounds great, I can't wait!
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Sounds a bit like UO. After one week Trammel was crammed so full you had to look really hard to find even a small house spot. Forget about finding space for anything bigger.

IDOC camping FTW

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

yes land rush is really really interesting spice up the gameplay. And you think america didnt take land away from native indians before america was born? come on its like gold rush every man for himself.

You snooze you lose.  There is so much land you coudl build house on it.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

'Then it's a pirate's life for me!' 

yarr

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

be in the 21'st century. 

Run out of intangible land.

FML

Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by theoneandonly

I agree here. It sounds like Eve where people still have the game going and selling things while at work and then come home to play more. It does not sound like fun.

Don't worry, the game is pretty fun for players that don't take it too seriously. Even if you don't have house or any land property, you can still build ships and travel and do merchant trades, find shipwrecks under the sea to get some treasures, go hunt for treasure maps(if lucky you get really nice items), or find relics on northern continent for very nice amount of gold. 

There are plenty of things to do, but housing is pretty big if you want to play seriously. The housing zone isn't small. In fact it's pretty large but there are that many people with many land properties (there's no limit, you just have to pay more tax if own more) so things like this happen. Not many people buy castle or 2 floor houses because of the tax and the space needed to build it. But it does look really cool. I've seen one guy build a castle all on his own which was amazing (in unprotected area).

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Additionally, there is LOTS of housing spaces available on the North continent. Once your Expeditionary Force (read Guild) claims land there, or you can squat on someone elses claim area and pay their taxes. Of course if some sieger wants to, they can destroy your house after breaking a claim. You will get your house blueprint back in the mail, but contents? ... not so much...

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Assajocuna, thank you info very much for this thread..it is very helpful and interesting.. I am surprised there is very little information onhousing bbefore your post..

All Will Be Well.....

• bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Why isn't there some kind of bidding or voting after time expires instead of waiting there or fighting?
  • vibronvibron Member Posts: 3

there is still a lot free land for build, ppl only need look around a bit, nearly the completet north is still free + the tax will be higher as more buildings you have. most of ppl already destroy there houses becuse of high tax every week.

tthis months come fthe first  expansion with a few more land and isle building zones.