Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Campaign 88: Allied Pity Map

Comments

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Jsilec
    Originally posted by BodkinBarber
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    I hear ya. Id be frustrated too. But the bottom line is that there was a CHANCE we could of recapped. If you owned our spawn cp, yeah maybe not, but you didn't and I'm pretty positive CRS took that into account. And just because historicaly stats say we haven't won without twerp, whos to say we couldn't of came back? Bottom line is that the axis ( some ) always have an excuse for losing a map and they ALWAYS blame bias or nerf. Id love one axis player to simply say " we got our asses handed to us" that's all.

So your saying other people wrong to be frustrated but if it happened to you you would be?

Bad thing happened to other people = whining

Bad thing happened to ce = justified frustration

Bottom line? A phrase that can mean whatever you want it to be. The reality of the situation (rather than your could this... maybe this...):

1) Axis owned the vast majority of Antwerp

2) Allies had massed logged (axis SD was very high) so few to spawn in to spawn CP to recap Antwerp let alone defend.

3) There is a significant leeway available for server resets. On weekends (when the amount of data going through the server) they will go 18 hours+ without resetting the server. DOC chose to reset the server at that time with Antwerp in it's state with no prior warning. Even with his poorly scheduled reset times he would give 15 minutes warning, in this case the warning was near non existent.

we recapped lier cp before reset which meant we regained a spawnable in town...axis had schilde fb and thats it which meant they really had no way of sustaining the attack over a downed bridge....we had many inf in town recapping....we have recapped brussels and antwerp with less cps owned btw and if axis did indeed have a 220 second spawn delay they had a very low % of taking antwerp....we were ALSO attacking lier schilde fb which was almost allied all the while holding our link fb to twerp which was lier and had supply.....here are the facts for all the people who claim they had antwerp in the bag with screenie proof....if players unsub its their choice but to blame antwerp as the main sticking point for their decision then they are misinformed about the end results

You familiar with FRU's? You don't need a bridge to put up a mobile spawn once one is down. Bridges can also be...repaired

Is that a screenshot taken exactly before the moment the server was reset or one of the many that you tooked but you chose to make a point?

You were attacking an fb? Well done, thats what players typically do. Likewise axis would of been making plans to attack lier schilde FB. What would of happened if they busted that FB? What if this... what if that... that is what your argument runs on.

FB almost allied? What was the percent? How many axis were guarding the FB? For such a critical FB someone would have run a precamp for that FB.

I know you understand that the Antwerp reset was a ginormous blow to Axis resulting in their effectiveness dropping significantly but you like to still think to yourself that you got towns through yours and ce armour columns because of good allied play instead of because the axis veterans had given up caring

the point of the post was to show that antwerp had a very good shot at being libbed even if the server remained up....i see that alot of vets unsubbed over it i am not blind to the fact they are upset but i also would like them to know that they didnt have antwerp in the bag like it or not.......its a prespective being shown from the allied point of view on this touchy subject....this map was a pretty even fight the weeks leading up to antwerp with axis pushing and allies pushing so no i will not concede any pity map but i will concede that some axis players are basically poosies for quitting

So you believe that all the allied players who have ever quit playing a campaign/ stopped caring about the map over the past few maps once Antwerp and Brussels have falled are 'poosies'. You slander both axis and allied players when you relate the behaviour of players to a negative event happening to a side as them being 'poosies'

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

the point of the post was to show that antwerp had a very good shot at being libbed even if the server remained up....i see that alot of vets unsubbed over it i am not blind to the fact they are upset but i also would like them to know that they didnt have antwerp in the bag like it or not.......its a prespective being shown from the allied point of view on this touchy subject....this map was a pretty even fight the weeks leading up to antwerp with axis pushing and allies pushing so no i will not concede any pity map but i will concede that some axis players are basically poosies for quitting

The fact that this is not an isolated incident. It's a consistent pattern by CRS that they either want to influence the campaign, or on the other extreme are just inept at keeping the business going without problem after problem after problem.  Too much stuff goes on for it to be explained by a one-off.  

Why are people not asking why we have to have daily server resets now? When I was playing before 1.34 I could stay connected for 24-48 hours with a MSP up but today there are "emergency" server resets.  Maybe CRS might want to fix whatever problem they are having instead of fixing the symptom by rebooting the server.  It is obviously having a negative effect on the playerbase either real or imagined.  

They try constantly to get people in the game. Lots of people show up but few people stay.  Maybe CRS should fix the bugs in 1.34 and have a stable server and client before they try stupid things like putting the game on steam or WBS so when people return the same old bugs and now new ones await them.  

But no, instead they think its myself and my new friend axishatr on MMORPG who are "ruining the game".  Like we have such influence that they need to send you guys over here to defend your dead game and 8-player server population.

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    Jsilec shows proof and you have no reasonable answer? That's not suprising lulz

• JsilecJsilec Member Posts: 36

here is some prroof that crs has stopped us from capping towns due to server reset....shocking isnt it?

Lol one screenshot is proof? You show the chat history for about 3 minutes of game time. How many minutes warning did they give? Typical is 15mins. In that time you can contest verdun and kick the navy out. Thus you could of been trying to cap an uncontested town when you knew the server was going down soon.

And like ce said, if axis had a spawnable in a town they MAY of recapped it. Whats to say there wasn't 20 paras otw from etain to cap the town back? Silly arguments you say? Well if you disagree with those arguments you disagree with ce thoughts (I know your troll buddies).

Also, Verdun=Antwerp? Same significance?

verdun is in no way as significant as antwerp BUT it shows that there is precedent to town captures being stopped by the server reset shiit.......i could care less whether the axis had spawns/paras or whatever i just showing that it does happen to both sides like it or not.....vets have cited crs interferrence as the main reason they have unsubbed but are blind to the fact that it does happen to BOTH sides 

so you believe that all the allied players who have ever quit playing a campaign/ stopped caring about the map over the past few maps once Antwerp and Brussels have falled are 'poosies'. You slander both axis and allied players when you relate the behaviour of players to a negative event happening to a side as them being 'poosies'

if they stop playing and wait till next map they are quitters which i do despise......if they unsub because they didnt get their way and cap a town then yes they are poosies axis or allied...

I know who you are now barber lol. Took a few posts, but it all comes out

Could of used mech and yes the zees. Your past okw hc have done it and won maps, so stop trying to once again excuse your lack of map reading skills.

Ill let you and your axis freinds blame twerp, obviously makes you feel better and just. Just remember, supply is what moves maps, not towns.

I'm waiting for Cobray ( depot12) to chime in.

Past OKW won map through Zeelands? What campaign? Were TOE even in the game then. Must of also been a major F up for allies to lose a map due to the Zeelands lol

In the history of the game once Antwerp is capped Axis have always gone on to win the campaign, everyone knows that. "supply is what moves maps, not towns." Well done, I bet everyone except you is oblivious to that.

"Ill let you and your axis freinds blame twerp, obviously makes you feel better and just." I think it's more a case of you weighing in and trying to justify that the campaign was won by yourself (and of course you'll diplomatically mention some other squads) as shown by your attitude here and you don't want it diminished

here is some prroof that crs has stopped us from capping towns due to server reset....shocking isnt it?

Lol one screenshot is proof? You show the chat history for about 3 minutes of game time. How many minutes warning did they give? Typical is 15mins. In that time you can contest verdun and kick the navy out. Thus you could of been trying to cap an uncontested town when you knew the server was going down soon.

And like ce said, if axis had a spawnable in a town they MAY of recapped it. Whats to say there wasn't 20 paras otw from etain to cap the town back? Silly arguments you say? Well if you disagree with those arguments you disagree with ce thoughts (I know your troll buddies).

Also, Verdun=Antwerp? Same significance?

verdun is in no way as significant as antwerp BUT it shows that there is precedent to town captures being stopped by the server reset shiit.......i could care less whether the axis had spawns/paras or whatever i just showing that it does happen to both sides like it or not.....vets have cited crs interferrence as the main reason they have unsubbed but are blind to the fact that it does happen to BOTH sides 

Theres a difference between "lets try and contest and cap this town before the server resets in 15 minutres" and "we have 2/3 CP's left in town we've been attacking for 5+ hours and we're told the server is being reset".

One case it is anticipated, the other it is a 'surprise'

LOL barber, you clearly don't know me. You think I care about what people think of me? If I felt I did this on my own I would say. But I didnt. Marty, myself,shadow64,dfadd,ny75 and others played a huge role.

So having 4-5 of your divs trapped this map is because of twerp? You not guarding bunkers is antwerps fault? Your map oic putting a routed div back into a pocket held off by one town is antwerps fault? That's just a start. Don't make me school you newb.

And yes, the zees push was after TOE. You won that map. Again, id do some timeline research before you post again.

I cant find where to quote.

I didn't say axis spawnable, I said we had OUR spawn. I aslo said if we DIDNT have our spawn it MIGHT be different. Jeez dude learn to read.

Your worse in these forums than wwiiol

LOL barber, you clearly don't know me. You think I care about what people think of me? If I felt I did this on my own I would say. But I didnt. Marty, myself,shadow64,dfadd,ny75 and others played a huge role.

So having 4-5 of your divs trapped this map is because of twerp? You not guarding bunkers is antwerps fault? Your map oic putting a routed div back into a pocket held off by one town is antwerps fault? That's just a start. Don't make me school you newb.

And yes, the zees push was after TOE. You won that map. Again, id do some timeline research before you post again.

You can't put a brigade into a pocket, the move would be denied.   Maybe you also missed the threads where axis mass-logged after Antwerp.  But keep trying.

You do because you know if people didn't like you they wouldn't go out of their way to help you and without other players your just a lone sherman driving to a town spamming "P1 P1 ROLL ROLL" on chat.

4-5 divs trapped? When was that? Map effectively ended after Liege. I doubt many would care if axis CINC placed all the divs in a pocket today if it would lead to good battles and quicken the end of the campaign. Of course any divisions been trapped is a victory to you whatever the context is.

Please school me, tell me how as an axis player I can lead a tank column to cap a town (as we know the sides are perfectly balanced). I will need atleast 6 paragraphs of your brilliant military thoughts 'schooling' me on armour charges and how to camp a town while the other side is on the load screen

I was asking you a question about it and you answered it. Good boy

I cant find where to quote.

I didn't say axis spawnable, I said we had OUR spawn. I aslo said if we DIDNT have our spawn it MIGHT be different. Jeez dude learn to read.

Your worse in these forums than wwiiol

It MIGHT be different if you didn't have the spawnable.

It MIGHT be different if you had the spawnable.

Same thing. Your trying to backtrack on what you've said. You said that because Antwerp had 1 allied spawnable it was ok for CRS to give the town back to the allies

"Its either a pitty map or nerfed gear I guess? Cause god knows we didn't earn it rigt? You can blame twerp all you want, but how many times have the allies lost a town due to a server reset? Quite a few. Pivitol ciney a few years back, or signy. Happens dude, get over it. And also, we recapped our spawn cp and could of taken it back. Learn the game"

"I hear ya. Id be frustrated too. But the bottom line is that there was a CHANCE we could of recapped. If you owned our spawn cp, yeah maybe not, but you didn't and I'm pretty positive CRS took that into account. And just because historicaly stats say we haven't won without twerp, whos to say we couldn't of came back? Bottom line is that the axis ( some ) always have an excuse for losing a map and they ALWAYS blame bias or nerf. Id love one axis player to simply say " we got our asses handed to us" that's all."

Turning to unfounded personal slander? Really a positive sign that your not on your backfoot. Surprised you only brought jsilec to support you (even when he contradicts you lol)

"verdun is in no way as significant as antwerp BUT it shows that there is precedent to town captures being stopped by the server reset shiit.......i could care less whether the axis had spawns/paras or whatever i just showing that it does happen to both sides like it or not.....vets have cited crs interferrence as the main reason they have unsubbed but are blind to the fact that it does happen to BOTH sides"

Ok let me rephrase. Your moic moved from a back line into a pocket, and the only thing stopping it from being a pocket was a one town link. Better for you to undrrstand?

I didn't realize this was an axis only bitch fest, my bad.

I'm not an armor god, hell my stats prove it. But I am a cheer leader. I boost morale, or try. Unlike the axis side, we have positive members who want to havr fun and join columns. Your mad cause those columns own you. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Your exausting tbh. I don't know how you don't drive yourself crazy

Jsilec doesn't have to agree with what I say. Hes a squaddie and has his own views. Hes our CO and knows the game. Not sure why your bringing him into this, but w/e

What's your wwiiol name? I like to pride myself on being good at indentifying mystery forum posters

What's your wwiiol name? I like to pride myself on being good at indentifying mystery forum posters

With a little help from xoom, no doubt.

I don't talk to xoom. The way you all post is obvious lol. If your gonna hide behind a name , you may wanna change your style of posting. Plus you give away who you are in your answers, kinda like barber. Hes one of two people and I will figure it out. Just like you Cobray

axis that are still ingame fighting hard making us pay for every inch while some their leadership hit the unsub button and run off to play carebears online......its all a big conspiracy with doc and xoom pulling the strings or is it a huge overeaction from resets that happen to BOTH sides?.....
    Ok let me rephrase. Your moic moved from a back line into a pocket, and the only thing stopping it from being a pocket was a one town link. Better for you to undrrstand?

I'm not an armor god, hell my stats prove it. But I am a cheer leader. I boost morale, or try. Unlike the axis side, we have positive members who want to havr fun and join columns. Your mad cause those columns own you. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Jsilec doesn't have to agree with what I say. Hes a squaddie and has his own views. Hes our CO and knows the game. Not sure why your bringing him into this, but w/e

Interesting how from coming on here as half troll/half serious your ending up looking a bit silly

I think you'll find your the one who brought him into this (your a bit forgetful). He creates an account a day after you join and post replies to anyone who criticisises you. (The post is currently not edited so it'll be odvious if you change it).

"Jsilec shows proof and you have no reasonable answer? That's not suprising lulz"

My WW2Online name? I thought you said you knew it? Use your Clue detective skills and send me a PM of it. I will reply with 'lol' whatever name you put.

You may not talk to Xoom but you do owe CRS one. They gave you your beloved old account back and from what I heard CRS fast tracked you back into HC once you resubscribed (even though it would normally takes a minimun of 30 days for an account becoming active).

Your posts are becoming a bit of a joke, constant corrections, hypocrisy etc. Haven't you already got enough egg on your face?

Interesting how from coming on here as half troll/half serious your ending up looking a bit silly

I think you'll find your the one who brought him into this (your a bit forgetful). He creates an account a day after you join and post replies to anyone who criticisises you. (The post is currently not edited so it'll be odvious if you change it).

"Jsilec shows proof and you have no reasonable answer? That's not suprising lulz"

My WW2Online name? I thought you said you knew it? Use your Clue detective skills and send me a PM of it. I will reply with 'lol' whatever name you put.

You may not talk to Xoom but you do owe CRS one. They gave you your beloved old account back and from what I heard CRS fast tracked you back into HC once you resubscribed (even though it would normally takes a minimun of 30 days for an account becoming active).

Your posts are becoming a bit of a joke, constant corrections, hypocrisy etc. Haven't you already got enough egg on your face?

so u gonna judge peoples intentions by join date here?ok bodkin lets look at YOU...join date right as the whole antwerp debacle happens which means you were sour over that and probably got banned or warned not to post in playskool....i heard a few names from the axis side who rage unsubbed and they all here except for 1...they used their game names in here not like some scared lil nerd hiding behind his keyboard.....we figured out who you are but karma always bites those in the arse that deserve it...i think i spelled karma wrong is there an l in that? 

That makes no sence.

Im very transparent. Big difference between you and I is that im not affraid to be vocal using my wwiiol game name,you on the other hand sseem to be hiding behind this barber name because you know the second I or anyone else knows who you really are,your arguments and so called points will be voided like everyone else who bitches about nothing. So man up and tell us who you really are,or keep hiding like a girl behind your mysterious name. I know who you are,its just figuring out which one of the two you actually are. No matter what name I give you,your going to deny it because your hiding. I have 12 messages from guys asking who you are. I even have some in PS forums too. One message even says " Why is he trying to hide,or what is he hiding" My answer is simple, hes affraid that his comments and actions on this forum will roll over to wwiiol and he will feel like a complete fool,or hes banned from CRS forums and knows nobody cares about his opinion. Which is it? Am I warm? Or KGW wont approve of your postings? *wink*

You seem to know a lot about me. You seem to follow me a lot. Hell,you know mroe abuot me than I do. CRS did not fast track me. CRS Gave me back my CE name after 3 years of using another name. It took me 3 years to show CRS that I wasnt that douche from years ago. So because CRS gives me my old name back,I must be in thier pocket? C'mon dude grow up.

What egg on whos face? I dont have the luxury of sitting in front of a PC all day. I work for a living. I canot quote using the mobile forum,so i tried my best to sum up your mediocre arguments,which by the way are very typical of the wwiiol player your hiding from. Once again facts are absent and your arguments are as bad as other axis whiners.

Barber arguments= Pointless and going in circles

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Hmmm..seems like jsilec has tried to give more evidence than people usually do around here, so hats of to jsilec.

It is a pity map in the sense people had to be douches and dump there team mates - it's a great pity.
    Originally posted by Stug
    Hmmm..seems like jsilec has tried to give more evidence than people usually do around here, so hats of to jsilec. 

Shhhhh,seems compliments arent allowed here. Walk away slowly, I wont tell anyone i promise :D

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

What ce and jselic are ignoring is the fact that developer interventions to stop axis from winning another campaign, especially during lower-populated times, are perfectly in line with CRS' s stated priorities and governing philosophy.

Then there's the fact that the company has banned/deleted any discussion of the server resets at Aarschot or Antwerp. They should be able to stand behind and explain their administrative actions but instead they are trying to pretend that nothing happened.

The game has had server issues many times before that didn't prompt a mass exodus of players. The company cannot offer any decent explanation for what happened so they no longer discuss the topic. The few players here cannot offer a decent explanation so they've taken to berating other players for unsubscribing and leaving the game.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Wow, I'm enjoying this...

So much drama and interest for a game that is dead....

Go figure.... LOL

Thanks for the names Chris.

I'd come over for a map CE but I'm with an awesome squad.

FF is a really great group of guys.

For any outsiders or potential gamers following this, don't subscribe because the game sucks........

• 1.AR-GSC-XXX1.AR-GSC-XXX Member Posts: 7

Good evening...

That this map was not to be won by Axis has been pretty much clear since at least Jan. 3rd, 2013. Find a Screenshot attached to this post taken on Jan. 3rd -

At that time, Allied forces had broken through to Neufchateau, amongst other towns S of Ciney - leaving a giant hole in the center around Flavion / Hastiere and with Pville behind it wide open - you will see from the screenshot attached that the allied flags around that area were placd as if some pre-OCS candidate was tooling around with the map for 24h (either that or AHC was told not to worry because "Axis won't go there..."). We had a thread in Axis secure about that hole as well, which is gone now like so many others, hence posting it here. Every OCS absolvent would have jumped at that opportunity immediately, breaking through and either cutting the allied advance off or forcing them to move back - people on Axis were asking non-stop for an AO on either Flav or Hastiere for 24h - no reply even from our HCs, instead headbanging against allied stacks in Neuf & Carnigan. You don't get even so much as a reply from ANY HC as to why you're not attacking there, we had a whole div to spare for that - you know that you're not SUPPOSED to go there because it would probably lead to the map not reaching T3 (The Mericans) - which would have been BAD from a business POV for CRS, also it would have embarrased the allied side once more, also "bad". Silence from HC is almost always a good indicator that something is not right, esp in a situation like this. From this moment on it was pretty clear that Axis is not supposed to win the Map.

There's the Aarschot SR, theres Gembloux turning up allied after a SR and theres finally, Antwerp, a 5h AO, which is when even the most thickheaded axis vet realized that it doesn't matter what we do, we just cant win this campaign because we're not SUPPOSED to. So they logged and some even unsubbed.

Add to that recent instances of CRS personell interfering with HC moves to get behind the allied advance, and i dont mean the softcapping, which might have had just a slim chance of working and all BS aside - Axis wont win this camp, we won't win the next either probably and even if we would get close to archieving anything which might put the allies in an embarrasing situation, something would come up - and if it's a "recommendation" to HC not to go there, after all "We're your Bosses and the players want this and that and not THAT so don't do it!"

Winning the map - spawning an opel, guarding an FB, respawning to recap that CP over and over again just to get the Flag to finally move in and move on to the next is the motivation for a lot of people - just for driving around, playing cops and robbers bangbang you're dead, everything else out there does that better - you're not allowed to to what moves that flag or might lead to moving it because it would put the other side into a bad position  - fine. Thats why ppl unsubbed, the motivation is gone and the whole reason for logging into the game hence...

It's fine if you're outplayed and all that, if you're losing because you were just bad - it's fine if our comms are bad on axis, our leaders are bad and thus our moves etc - All that is fine and dandy, we have to get better then and thats a challenge we can thrive on as long as we have all options and that includes the option to win - we don't have that, why are we even still here then...?

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

I know that CRS has told HC where it can and cannot attack in the past, but it was regarding attacking towns that didn't have flags in them(something I still disagree with). So they are now prohibiting the high commands from attacking any town as they see fit, even if those towns are occupied and would make for a normal battle?

ARS-GSC is there an explanation from OKW anywhere, or is the whole thing being hushed up and deleted(like everything else these days)?

And pittpete this isn't a bunch of meaningless drama. If CRS has taken it upon themselves to directly intervene in the campaign to pick and choose winners(instead of merely tweaking spawn lists and game mechanics like they've done before), then there really isn't a reason to play the game anymore.