Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Online: Our Exclusive Interview with Ryan Dancey, CEO of Goblinworks

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,633MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

We had the distinct privilege to sit down for a long chat with Goblinworks' CEO Ryan Dancey. Dancey heads the Pathfinder Online team that only recently received full crowd-source funding through Kickstart. Check it out on our Pathfinder Online interview video page!

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,358Member Uncommon
    Talk is cheap.

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

• xArsonistxxArsonistx deustland, ARPosts: 31Member
    sub + cash shop? lol jesus.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Eastern, KYPosts: 1,855Member Uncommon
    I'm no longer interested in the game, but it was a great interview.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLPosts: 4,872Member Uncommon
    This is Pathfinder Online not POE, Path of Exile...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• MaricMaric Roseville, CAPosts: 72Member Uncommon
    Happy Goblinworks is sharing more and more info on a weekly basis. Looking forward to PFO.
  • bbbb42bbbb42 none, FLPosts: 297Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

btw looking forward to PFO i like how their game design

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 salem, ORPosts: 527Member
    Based on what has been said/shown the major problem I already see is too much pnp. The dungeon design, to the "boring" pve content will doom the game. Part of the reason why EvE works is because of just how much room you have, shoving everyone together with a similar ruleset will be disasterous.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,342Member Uncommon
    Horrible design will doom this game.  They don't have a clue how people will abuse the pvp.