Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Set for April 2nd Release

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has announced that Defiance will officially launch on April 2nd. The multiplatform title will launch simultaneously worldwide and be setting the stage for the April 15th television debut of the series.

“In terms of ambition and scope, Defiance’s transmedia features make it unlike any other entertainment experience,” said Nathan Richardsson, Trion’s VP of Development and Defiance Executive Producer. “After five years of development, it brings great pride to the Trion and Syfy teams seeing Defiance come to fruition.”

Find out more about Defiance.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    I'm surprised it's being released so fast. It feels as if there is no hype at all for this game.
  • TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

liken the game like boarderlands  feel excited to watch the show to ill be probly on the ps3 with the game 

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    It has little choice when it's tied to a TV Show that airs on April 15th... though April 2 seems a bit early given that TV premiere date.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Tatercake

liken the game like boarderlands  feel excited to watch the show to ill be probly on the ps3 with the game 

ok I thought it was just me since iam loving B2 and see everything B2 related..but this game has that feel to it-kewl. iam not feeling the TV series at all.

i may try out the beta weekends n see...

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

It has been known for months that they wanted to release it 2 weeks before the TV series airs. What I want to know is what the buisness model is ? B2P / F2P / P2P etc

I think I will get it to try , my old xbox 360 is gathering dust mostly so at least this game will keep any future spiders at bay for now. Untill the biggie Destiny in the fall of 2013 , unless I get the Xbox 720 version that is.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• Lowfer69Lowfer69 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    @BadOrb the business model is B2P.
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Lowfer69
    @BadOrb the business model is B2P.

Ah thank you , I guess with cash shop right ? That's cool then it makes sense with it coming out on 2 consoles and the PC. It will be worth getting then. Keep me busy untill PSO2 finally comes to the West ( it's gone a little silent since PAX though ). Let's hope updating the game with patches is cheaper now on the 2 consoles , I know Dust is going to be able to patch cheaper than other MMO's on consoles , so hope they do the same for this game , it would be a first for the 360 though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by QSatu
    I'm surprised it's being released so fast. It feels as if there is no hype at all for this game.

I thinkl this game will be a failure considering it hasn't been in development very long thus meaning the game is going to be  a complete ripoff of another. 

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Originally posted by Betaguy

I thinkl this game will be a failure considering it hasn't been in development very long thus meaning the game is going to be  a complete ripoff of another. 

Its been in development for 5 years, thats about average for an online game.

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    @beta guy.. what a utterly foolish thing to say. Have you worked on the dev team? You know how long it has been developed?

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Going to take it easy with this one.

No pre-order let see the release.

• Overfiend138Overfiend138 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Sorry but doing research before posting is highly recommended. 

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Going to take it easy with this one.

No pre-order let see the release.

-agreed.

• BojmanBojman Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I'd like to know when co-op games became classified as MMO's...
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Is it me or does this remind anyone else of Starship Troopers?

• xSyngexxSyngex Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Bojman

Me too.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

It's been in development since 2008.  There is this thing called Google where you can type stuff in and it throws information at you.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

The game is an open world environment.  It's more of an MMO than half the games on this site.

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

The time when apples classified as pineapples...

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

What?

lots and lots of mmorpgs dont have PvP.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807
    Originally posted by nttajira

that a poor make shooter with a cash shop

why call it a mmorpg ?? this title should realy not be in this website .

the only mmorpg part are that you can change how your character look using item ( no stats )

you can gain some custom skill ( like most shooter game ) and weapon got stats .....

let call every shooter online mmorpg then ? and list them here , and let not forget every game when that online with other people .

you guy need to draw a line when it come for mmorpg one day ....... because defiance clearly a shooter game and im fealing bad for anyone who would buy the title thinking that a mmorpg .

nope....Defiance clearly goes along the basic prinicples of what a MMORPG stands for..just because its not WoW or any of that garbage doesnt make it any less a MMORPG. 

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by nttajira

that a poor make shooter with a cash shop

why call it a mmorpg ?? this title should realy not be in this website .

the only mmorpg part are that you can change how your character look using item ( no stats )

you can gain some custom skill ( like most shooter game ) and weapon got stats .....

let call every shooter online mmorpg then ? and list them here , and let not forget every game when that online with other people .

you guy need to draw a line when it come for mmorpg one day ....... because defiance clearly a shooter game and im fealing bad for anyone who would buy the title thinking that a mmorpg .

So what by your standards is MMO definition? 

I mean Defiance has: huge open world, persitance, character progression, loot, minor RPG elements, "limited" openworld PvP, PvE instance, PvE open world events, quests, no loading screens between zones... sounds like pretty much what MMO is. Yes, there is limit of how many players can be in same instance of the world, but that's not exaclty antything new in MMOs... the higher quality visuals you have to stricter the limits are, plus console limits since it's multiplatform release. It probably can support more players in single instance of openworld than GW2 or TSW. 

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

It doesn't sound like you have even checked the game site out. The game will be interesting and evolve as the show continues. I know it is an interesting concept, I just need to decide on which platform I want to play it on. :)

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Originally posted by Razperil

It doesn't sound like you have even checked the game site out. The game will be interesting and evolve as the show continues. I know it is an interesting concept, I just need to decide on which platform I want to play it on. :)

Sadly, it won't evolve much.

Defiance will be cancelled by Season 2. Why? Because SyFy is now run by a bunch of idiots. Who, for what ever reason, cancels all the 'good' shows and replaces them with bullshit "neo" B-grade movies and wrestling. Or worse, turns the shows into mirror's of real life (fuck no I do not want to have politics on the level of CNN in my Battlestar Galatica).

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.