Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

feels like launch week in here heh

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

well looks like so far patch is doing what they wanted Wayfarer and Diessa are packed with people.  Did todays daily in 20 min just walking around in Wayfarer and in the northwestern area of Dissea there's the miner area where you have tons of dead miners to revive.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

BS!

Pic or it didn't......oh wait.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    This 1st part of the Liuve Story (I hope is only prelude) looks really pointless to me, like they put something just to bring players to low lvl teritory.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Sure looks like proof up in here, want me to go take a picture of 800 people at TERA nexus to show you it's the most popular MMO and that it doesn't need to go F2P?

These aren't server numbers, they don't mean anything. But it's to see you found some people for an event of some sorts.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by mazut
    This 1st part of the Liuve Story (I hope is only prelude) looks really pointless to me, like they put something just to bring players to low lvl teritory.

yea totaly point less, make players wanna play.

what a useless idea.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

Sure looks like proof up in here, want me to go take a picture of 800 people at TERA nexus to show you it's the most popular MMO and that it doesn't need to go F2P?

These aren't server numbers, they don't mean anything. But it's to see you found some people for an event of some sorts.

If you read the forums, GW is abandoned, you dont see anyone else for hours and must skip DEs because noone is ever to be seen.

Though, since i actually play the game know different lol

Are you satisfied with population in TERA? Do you find it "wasteland"? What if i now say TERA is deserted and you dont see anyone ever around in TERA? And nexus seems to be hub, in GW2 just go to LA and see how overflow looks like, this is event in open world and theres literally hundreds of them all over the game world

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by mikahr

If you read the forums, GW is abandoned, you dont see anyone else for hours and must skip DEs because noone is ever to be seen.

Are you satisfied with population in TERA? Do you find it "wasteland"?

Didn't say GW2 was abandoned, but from my personal experience mid level zones are pretty dried up. Doesn't mean low level and high level zones aren't packed.

I'm actually downloading the patch right now to hop in game and see if my characters end up finding people for DEs with these new changes.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Are people seriously suggesting that Guild Wars 2 is dying and that there are a lack of people playing it? Lol! I barely go 20 seconds at most without running into someone in the most arb of places. I can count the numbers of times I was alone in an area on a single hand.

Trolls seriously need to find something better to do with their time.

Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by mazut

yea totaly point less, make players wanna play.

what a useless idea.

I'm playing with or without that part, but it didnt gave me any satisfaction. Actually players was running up and down the map and and after finishing they left. "Making players wanna play", not really.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

I'd rather grind my rifleman on Dantooine.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

This just can't be.

According to all the self proclaimed "experts" of this very forum, the game is dying and the servers are empty.

You seeing other players online in massive numbers is simply impossible.

They want GW2 to fail because its not a sandbox.

I hate micromanagement in games. Sandbox is micromanagement.. in a mmorpg. They want to build houses etc. boring as hell. Go play with doll houses. Let us play GW2 in peace :p

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    heh this wasn't a "hey look gw2 isn't dead thread" was just showing that when they talked about the new patch one of their main goals was to get people into other zones aside from just the last couple. From the looks of it it's working well so far and looking forward to see how this story expands. Seems moving forward they will probably pick a couple zones to focus the new events.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602
    There is like 10 people in each screen shot... 
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

there's like 20+ doing this particular meta event.. you just can't zoom out any further

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

Now please post several picture of people doing stuff together in the persistent world of whatever game you play.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Didn't say GW2 was abandoned, but from my personal experience mid level zones are pretty dried up. Doesn't mean low level and high level zones aren't packed.

I'm actually downloading the patch right now to hop in game and see if my characters end up finding people for DEs with these new changes.

Pivot, just as an FYI regarding the Living Story achievement, when you get into the zones you'll see three or so stars on the map... these are refugee NPCs. Between them and the two zones there will be a series of signs to repair, injured NPCs to help, refugee bodies to rez, etc. You need a total of 75 "helps" to get the first achievement for this series. Signs you'll only be able to do once, but there's a lot of them. Mainly it's the helping people out that round it off... took me a total of two days only because the signs and people weren't in the Charr area yet. 

Oh, also you can light the campfires at the NPCs as well.

The main gist of this patch is to get people there and wondering what's going on as things slowly unveil over the next few months.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Volkon

Pivot, just as an FYI regarding the Living Story achievement, when you get into the zones you'll see three or so stars on the map... these are refugee NPCs. Between them and the two zones there will be a series of signs to repair, injured NPCs to help, refugee bodies to rez, etc. You need a total of 75 "helps" to get the first achievement for this series. Signs you'll only be able to do once, but there's a lot of them. Mainly it's the helping people out that round it off... took me a total of two days only because the signs and people weren't in the Charr area yet. 

The main gist of this patch is to get people there and wondering what's going on as things slowly unveil over the next few months.

If you load to another teritory and load back all signs, npcs, fires...etc are reseted, instantly. Took me 15-20 mins to finish it

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Volkon

They reseted for me when I logged on this morning.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

That's wierd, but good I suppose... none of the signs had reset for me the next day, even after the daily reset. 

OK, Pivot, ignore that part... the signs apparently reset for anyone not named Volkon. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    dont know about you guys but yesterday both UW borderlands and Eternal grounds was in queue for several hours, as in the start, so i should think game its dying! and L.A. overflow till late hours (3:00 am)
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

What else is new? Wayfarer zone was allays packed because of Frozen Maw. Now go to area near the Grove and look population there.

Beside nobody ever told low zones were deserted, it was told about med areas till Cursed Shores, btw, as they are populated again by karma farmers.

LA is even overpopulated, does it mean for you the game is huge success?

Don't forget, this game is buy to play, so large number of people come there to spend like 1 hour time to time, or even play some hours on weekend. Remember some realms are populated and others don't.

As I keep telling it's good side game when you have free time and nothing better to do or play.

Sorry to tell, but seems to me, if sub were here, population loss would be really visible.

I keep visit GW1 I can't play anymore just because I can do it.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

What else is new? Wayfarer zone was allays packed because of Frozen Maw. Now go to area near the Grove and look population there.

Beside nobody ever told low zones were deserted, it was told about med areas till Cursed Shores, btw, as they are populated again by karma farmers.

Don't forget, this game is buy to play, so large number of people come there to spend like 1 hour time to time, or even play some hours on weekend. Remember some realms are populated and others don't.

As I keep telling it's good side game when you have free time and nothing better to do or play.

Sorry to tell, but seems to me, if sub were here, population loss would be really visible.

Population has been increasing from its low around November - it is easy to seen in all the maps.

Arenanet also said so.

Heck even XFire has seen an increase in number of peeps.

Most important - GW2 doesn't need a sub to be economically viable. It made enough money to have a live team working on it while the rest of Anet get the expansion ready to make "more monies".

You get a core population and a mobile population that will always see the core pop there.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Perhaps, but to be honest, if this game had a sub fee, I'd play it over any other game out there with a sub fee, but thas just me.

As far as having anything better to play, I really don't. Between the DE's, Spvp, WvW, exploration, I have plenty to do in this game, there is quite a bit a content. A lot moreso than any game thats come out in a really, really long time, at least in my opinion.

You don't like the game, and that fine. Do i think its the best thing since sliced bread?  nope.  But theres been a really long wait for that one so far, and I'm tired of holding my breath. 

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152
    There is only like 10 players on that screen. And im playing right now, trying to level up a least one toon to 80, the game is pretty much a wasteland, there is just not enough people to do ¨DE¨, most of the playerbase is playing Spvp like they did in GW1 and even the WvWvW is pretty much dead, at this moment you´ll find more RvR action in a game like warhammer in his current state than GW2, why do i know that, because i have my 15 free days on warhammer so i was playing at primetime there and on GW2 WvWvW. 
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

This just can't be.

According to all the self proclaimed "experts" of this very forum, the game is dying and the servers are empty.

You seeing other players online in massive numbers is simply impossible.

I am glad for the 200K players playing still and enjoying it.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Eletheryl
    There is only like 10 players on that screen. And im playing right now, trying to level up a least one toon to 80, the game is pretty much a wasteland, there is just not enough people to do ¨DE¨, most of the playerbase is playing Spvp like they did in GW1 and even the WvWvW is pretty much dead, at this moment you´ll find more RvR action in a game like warhammer in his current state than GW2, who do i know that, because i have my 15 free days on warhammer so i was playing at primetime there and on GW2 WvWvW. 

WvW dead? Maybe that explains the 45 minute queue last night... we had to queue up until enough people were in queue to launch the map? But... no... I was talking to my guildies in TS, many of them were in there playing, others also waiting in queue... or to quote the popular movie: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Oderint, dum metuant.