Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: F2P Restrictions Detailed

2»

Comments

• cyrex6cyrex6 Member Posts: 9
    what they dont say in there is that the masterwork alkalhest( +10 and onwards enchanting item) and masterwork scroll's will start being sold in the item shop and removed from the game so TERA will most likely become p2w
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by cyrex6
    what they dont say in there is that the masterwork alkalhest( +10 and onwards enchanting item) and masterwork scroll's will start being sold in the item shop and removed from the game so TERA will most likely become p2w

They aren't being directly sold in the cash shop, they have a chance to drop in lockboxes which you get keys for when you're an elite member, they also drop in dungeons, BG rewards and dungeon rewards now rather than only available through the store. So, you can throw your money away at RNG within RNG, chance to not get alkahest from the boxes and then fail your enchants. Pay2Fail sounds fun.

Everyone in NA is stocking up on it thinking it's going to rise in price and be hard to get but in Korea the price of masterwork alkahest actually dropped from 30g to 20g with the F2P conversion. Lots of investors are going to be sad.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

exactly... and that's why most of the true Tera fans who played this game since release are quiting Tera since the F2P announcement. On my server (Hasmina[GER]), several guilds disbanded, ppl are rioting on the forums and veterans are leaving this game. Once it's F2P you wont be able to enchant pass +6, you will need to buy the needed alkahest from their shop, and you WILL need this stuff because you can't do hard modes without a +9 to +12 equipment.

I am not sure if you guys from America will get the same conditions, but we as europeans are F. Gameforge will destroy this game and make it just like Aion - a cash shop heaven  for those who want to spent more than a monthly sub. :)

Originally posted by Gaoxin

exactly... and that's why most of the true Tera fans who played this game since release are quiting Tera since the F2P announcement. On my server (Hasmina[GER]), several guilds disbanded, ppl are rioting on the forums and veterans are leaving this game. Once it's F2P you wont be able to enchant pass +6, you will need to buy the needed alkahest from their shop, and you WILL need this stuff because you can't do hard modes without a +9 to +12 equipment.

I am not sure if you guys from America will get the same conditions, but we as europeans are F. Gameforge will destroy this game and make just like Aion - a cash shop heaven  for those who want to spent more that a monthly sub. :)

Lol this entire post is a flat out lie.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198
    check the forums :)
    Originally posted by Gaoxin
    check the forums :)

You're telling me to check the forums? You have no idea how active I am within the TERA community I guess, lol, anyways...

1) Refined isn't being removed.

2) Masterwork is still available in game. (Dungeon drops, events, dungeon rewards, BG rewards, BG credit vendor).

3) The price of masterwork actually dropped in Korean TERA upon going f2p. From 30g to 20-22g.

4) No you do not need +12 to complete the hardest dungeon, not even close. I've seen an ilvl 139 warrior tank MCHM.

5)Theres hardly any riots, people were mad/jumping to conclusions at first but now were settling and finding out that it won't be bad at all and might actually make enchanting easier.

6)They aren't directly selling MW alk in the shop.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Well that's partially true,  Yes they are moving it from the NPC vendors (which cost a boat load) and putting it in the CS but they are also going add them to the drop list on dungeons and to have complete Masterwork items drop also along with +3 and +6 items.

It might be a good trade off, but will have to see how they implement it.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

How do they make money?

MMOs are much more expensive that games in other sub-genres. 

F2p models in this genre require that the games cash shop have items people feel that they need.

Honestly i read these restrictions and all i see is a million people playing Tera without giving a dime and the game closing down in NA, Euro...

People bitch about F2p being Pay2win or being too restrictive but honestly its like that for a reason. You need to have stuff in your shop that people feel like they cant live without... No glowing halos wont do it. 

You need items that will suck in the gamblers, you need items that suck in the min maxers, the content whores the pretty cosmetic nuts and you need to give the option for a subscription as well... You cant get away with just offering a small XP boost and cosmetics and expect to keep servers running and people paid when you have a million freeloaders in your game.

LoL can get away with it, PLanetside 2 can get away with it, Maybe even Path of Exile but we will never see a fully developed AAA title thats F2p that wont lock stuff that you really want behind a pay wall.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing