Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first script stealing event.

django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115

Two weeks I ago I did my first script stealing event in Age of Wushu, for those interested in wanting to participate in this event I shall tell a story of my experience.

The choice was either Scholars or Beggars school as to which was available to raid at the time, I chose Scholars as there are a few skills I wouldn't mind having. I was ported to the event, mind you I was only level 20 internal at the time so I was pretty vulnerable to almost any attack against me. I didn't look at any school maps before hand to know where to go and where the bookshelves are, so naturally I enter the school and suddenly become swarmed in a crowd with others. I simply followed the crowd to the nearest bookshelf and of course there are at least 10-15 high level Scholars all doing their AoE spinning attack at once and making the bookshelf almost impossible to approach without dying, which was easy for me as my health was very low. I took my chances anyway and before I know it I was alive and I had a book! I panicked and run around a tree, which was pretty stupid considering it was still out in the open, but luckily enough no one saw me. The best way to escape with a book is to try and get to a high place without using too much of your flying skill power. I started running along a wall with two other players chasing me. I had a full bar of flying skill power so I just bolted, using my jump across the clouds skill and made my way up the mountain. When I arrived at the top of the mountain I was stuck, so I turned around and was ready to fight off anyone who followed me, yet the only person who followed me was a higher level Shaolin with a book. We stood in the one spot for at least 5 minutes, until I messaged him saying "I have your back, lets go" only to get a message back saying "I have no idea what I'm doing" after I laughed to myself, I looked at the map and when east to take a boat which would take me back to a stage coach far away from the actual school. I said goodbye to the Shaolin as we parted ways and was able to take the stage coach to the next village to then teleport back to school. 

I turned in the script and got a book that was 1 part of a book that was probably one of the most average Scholar schools available. But the event itself was so worth it.

I suggest you all give it a try in game!

Comments

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

The Script Steal can be really intense and entertaining when people just aren't PK'ing straight out or you don't have the lazy ones in masses trying to wait at stagecoach areas to gank whomever.. One'sies and two-sies is one thing, when you're whole goal for your team is just to camp the stagecoach and not even go in for the actual good stuff then.. I can't but see that as kind of lame.. But w/e moving on..

The best way to get those scripts is to get in and out with the zerg and maybe to stick with one or two others who have books and escape. Works two fold, gives someone trying to stop you another target maybe and allows you two to help each other out if you'll feel so inclined to.

Some areas and schools are harder to steal from we WV are pretty cut throat about ours and RG's can be a hassle. I haven't even attempted Tangman because I really don't need 15 Tangman pew-pewing me the entire time I"m trying to get a book. More headache than their worth imo..

Funny story tho, I've had similar experiences where being completly lost and having to team up with a fellow script stealer at the time to plan our escape. Good stuff.. Hope you keep enjoying the game.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Pure win :)
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96

And they say its not a sandbox. 

Excellent tale fellow friend. 

*palm in fists you*

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    Haha thank you for the palm fist, My main is a Tangmen but I tried on my scholar the other day in Tangmen and failed miserably...
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Throw in the constable system on top of the script stealing event and you have one rip roaring good time.