Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moder or SciFi MMO ?

SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,132Member Uncommon

Any good ones out there... I tried these before anyone throws them in the mix: TSW, SWTOR, STOand EVE.

I have no real demands, just not fantasy.

• SaintGrayeSaintGraye Los Angeles, CAPosts: 109Member

Barring any precise input regarding your preferences, mate, the best I can suggest is Planetside 2. At its core the game is a science-fiction, large-scale cooperative and competitive shooter with minor RPG-elements (classes/skill-upgrading/experience gain) operating on a Free-to-Play basis.

For further information...

• kaliniskalinis Dexter, MEPosts: 1,428Member

Those are 4 very diffrent games. If he didnt like any of them i doubt eh will like any game u recommend. U have the huge sci fi sandbox of  eve, U got the sci fi thempark story driven tor. U got the story driven real world mmo in tsw and u got a combo space game with an ability to create our own missions in sto . 

So i dont think i can give them any advice if i wanted to . 

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

Sounds like you do have demands that you aren't specifying. You've tried the main offerings there and they weren't up to your standards. 

Maybe you could try Anarchy Online, but if you didn't like any of the other games you played, you probably won't like that one either.

And Earthrise is supposed to relaunch, but that one has a sketchy background, so you might want to wait and see how it goes after it launches before getting your hopes up. 

Good luck and I hope you find something you like.

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 5,019Member Uncommon
    Anarchy Online is Sci-Fi.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Somewhere, NCPosts: 1,577Member Uncommon
    The four you listed are roughly the best you'll find. Ryzom is a bit of a scifi/fantasy hybrid and lots of fun, and worth checking out.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,132Member Uncommon
    I should have said that I had 3 or 4 months of fun in all the games I listed so thats why I am looking for something new.
  • ScottgunScottgun Williamsville, NYPosts: 356Member Common

You can try sorting the games list by genre like this:

Sadly, sci-fi mmorpg is kind of a niche of a niche and I'm not seeing anything on the horizon unless the long-on-rumor, short-on-facts World of Starcraft ever gets made in which case you will never see my ass here again. :)

Now we're calling prostitutes "sex workers". What's next? Calling hit men "end-of-life technicians"?

• mindw0rkmindw0rk St-petersburgPosts: 1,351Member
    You can try Fallen Earth (postapoc MMO), Perpetuum Online (kind like EVE with robots), Otherland (Second Life in cyberpunk setting), Face of Mankind [mod edit]
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLPosts: 886Member Uncommon
    Vendetta Online

"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
    Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online
    Check it out on Steam

• OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,161Member Uncommon
    Also check out Defiance -- not out yet, but looks interesting.