Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am pretty much bored now of GW2

2»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    I'm an agreement, the ascendant gear is a nice aside to work towards but unlike other games I don't need it to be competitive in pvp or pve.

at least me and my friends aren't the only ones:) GW2 was made for a wide audience and i feel this addition helps keep that wider audience..  I also don't see how it breaks their original picture of how they wanted the game to work like i have seen some complain about.. especially now with the new patch and adding an alternate way to get asended gear and making Fractals less restrictive. I never felt like i couldn't complete any content i was trying to doing or acomplish or what i was trying to acomplish in WvW due to my gear not being the absolute top. And it does give me some other gear to shoot for if i decide i want to.. again i see this as a win win..

oh also these new dailies have been doing well so far for getting people doing differn't things and learning aspects of the game they didn't maybe know or use and going to differn't places they may not of gone before which overall i think was there goal..

BUT still no news about any sort of build manager is really getting on my nerves:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I'm bored too but

even I can't get why you grind alt to lvl 30?!!!
    I do this way: make alt of your choice (I choose good look), finish tutorial and use PvP icon to bring it to Lions Arch.
    Run to the portals area (discover waypoints will add your XP), open trade WP too (kust in case), then tele to Hoelbark.
    Run along the road to the Krennak's WP (here you can ask map channel to help you to get there, but I got easy so far).
    while you run through outpost with crafters pick 2 of them, then join mega event The Frozen Maw, it's lvl 11 but I did early at lvl 6 I guess. Don't worry, event attract many people so they will res you (do not use melee weapons there).
    Run mega event every 25 min for large XP and chest rewards, use XP boosts like food and pots, while waiting for next Maw to come, run to craft outpost and work.
    Keep in mind: use of crafter stand gives you access to bank too. This way you'll get mega fast XP and money for craft, after you can do dungeons if you like and don't mind to be annoyed.

Best of luck!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Grotar89
    This guy has been bashing GW2 and other MMOs in almost every thread, why the hell are you even answering to him? He propably doesnt even have the game...... He is just seeking attention which he does not deserve.

Haven´t read his other posts, perhaps he has been only bashing MMOs which deserve it? Some titles come to my mind... 

Flip your Signature and those are my exact best and worst MMO's.  Its funny how people have different tastes huh?  Whats even funnier is how you feel the need to bash something you don't like every signle day.  Really must not have a life to troll the GW2 forums so often.

As to the OP (who is another guy that is notorious for bashing GW2) My playtime has gone to about 2 days a week for about an hour a time.  I am bored of the game as well but the game is still a very good game 900+ hours played is time well spent.  Here's looking forward to new content in the future, but more importantly a new expansion.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

GW2 bored me also until a few days ago. It took Necromancer to get me hooked on it.

I never gave up on it, and now I am finally enjoying it.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

GW2 is pretty much that game that had many features but at the same time had nothing to offer.

It lacks social interactions so badly it hurts.  Everything is about the "player", so it's pretty much a solo game right there.  You can't share your achievements with others?  Pretty lame.  Just as well because you can't even see who is in the same zone as you, or engage someone with emotes (although GW2 did ship with a really massive arsenal of 10 unique emotes .. joy? .. (Ug oh WoW, watch out.)  Guilds are a joke, and "Guild Wars" and non-existant.  PoS game, IMO.

Majorly overhyped game.  I felt buyers remorse only 2 weeks into this garbage.

I give it a higher than 1 rating though because ArenaNet did use a good graphics engine  Music also stunk BTW (1 song from Halloween was really good, but that's about it).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

I'm bored too but

I do this way: make alt of your choice (I choose good look), finish tutorial and use PvP icon to bring it to Lions Arch.
    Run to the portals area (discover waypoints will add your XP), open trade WP too (kust in case), then tele to Hoelbark.
    Run along the road to the Krennak's WP (here you can ask map channel to help you to get there, but I got easy so far).
    while you run through outpost with crafters pick 2 of them, then join mega event The Frozen Maw, it's lvl 11 but I did early at lvl 6 I guess. Don't worry, event attract many people so they will res you (do not use melee weapons there).
    Run mega event every 25 min for large XP and chest rewards, use XP boosts like food and pots, while waiting for next Maw to come, run to craft outpost and work.
    Keep in mind: use of crafter stand gives you access to bank too. This way you'll get mega fast XP and money for craft, after you can do dungeons if you like and don't mind to be annoyed.

Best of luck!

Butr based on your other posts about GW2, I can tell you never played it!!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Thorkune

GW2 bored me also until a few days ago. It took Necromancer to get me hooked on it.

Sometimes it is the professions chosen to play. I can understand this fully - I have my Ranger at lvl 80 without any deaths - by exploring and fighting - left PS alone at lvl 50.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by botrytis

Sometimes it is the professions chosen to play. I can understand this fully - I have my Ranger at lvl 80 without any deaths - by exploring and fighting - left PS alone at lvl 50.

this too. I played Guardian. Enjoyed my guardian, because I wanted a Paladin in GW2 anyway. once I maxed him out and unlocked all my skills, I wasnt going to item grind this time like in other MMO. I refuse. I went to leveling alts. And none of them had my interest because most of them couldnt play a equal support/healing role like my guardian could, while also having equal option for defense, as well as Melee option. Ele so far has been my go to class as well as my Warrior. Bored. I was leveling Mesmer as well. those three are the only characters I have besides my main, over the level 10 mark. I am getting bored on my engineer. exploring easily leads to areas with mobs that are too powerful and cant be avoided due to server side glitches in the animation/hit detection.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    This guy has been bashing GW2 and other MMOs in almost every thread, why the hell are you even answering to him? He propably doesnt even have the game...... He is just seeking attention which he does not deserve.

Haven´t read his other posts, perhaps he has been only bashing MMOs which deserve it? Some titles come to my mind... 

Flip your Signature and those are my exact best and worst MMO's.  Its funny how people have different tastes huh?  Whats even funnier is how you feel the need to bash something you don't like every signle day.  Really must not have a life to troll the GW2 forums so often.

My signature simply indicates that I like online *RPGs*,  not some awkward simplified  RPG-light experience plus some PvP.

btw, e.g. Farmville has millions of users, same with tablet tapping games... yeah, tastes are different., I don´t play Farmville either.

This thread was on the main page, "every single day" is epic hyperbole mate, stopped commenting on this game long ago..I have better things to do than talking about GW2.. ;) cheerio

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

I'm bored too but

Best of luck!

base on your suggestion, what would I be doing between those 25 mins of waiting for metas? Also crafting gets pretty expensive. I easily eat up alt's money on crafting mats. And usually dont find enough mats from just exploring the same area.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

this too. I played Guardian. Enjoyed my guardian, because I wanted a Paladin in GW2 anyway. once I maxed him out and unlocked all my skills, I wasnt going to item grind this time like in other MMO. I refuse. I went to leveling alts. And none of them had my interest because most of them couldnt play a equal support/healing role like my guardian could, while also having equal option for defense, as well as Melee option. Ele so far has been my go to class as well as my Warrior. Bored. I was leveling Mesmer as well. those three are the only characters I have besides my main, over the level 10 mark. I am getting bored on my engineer. exploring easily leads to areas with mobs that are too powerful and cant be avoided due to server side glitches in the animation/hit detection.

bored with necro. Thought the warrior was great. Elementalist was fun. LOVED the thief. Guardian is ok (hammer is fun). deleted my engineer. haven't tried ranger yet. barely tried mesmer.

I think there is a nice diversity of classes, to at least find one that a person likes.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It was fun for a while, but I've grown bored of it also.  Luckily it's F2P after purchase, so I can always go back without additional funds.

I self identify as a monkey.

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469
    Originally posted by azzamasin

My signature simply indicates that I like online *RPGs*,  not some awkward simplified  RPG-light experience plus some PvP.

btw, e.g. Farmville has millions of users, same with tablet tapping games... yeah, tastes are different., I don´t play Farmville either.

This thread was on the main page, "every single day" is epic hyperbole mate, stopped commenting on this game long ago..I have better things to do than talking about GW2.. ;) cheerio

obviously, you don't.

it amazes me how people can even post some of the shit they say.

guess what? i've never even posted on MMORPG.com EVER before. crazy huh?

/sarcasm

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

Huh? You unlocked all your classes skills at 30? and maxed him out? You lost all credibility.

BTW this is the guy that was called into question a month ago for posting on a secondary account to boost his threads.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by LadyEuphei

Huh? You unlocked all your classes skills at 30? and maxed him out? You lost all credibility.

BTW this is the guy that was called into question a month ago for posting on a secondary account to boost his threads.

While MMOExposed does make a lot of threads, the lv30 thing was in reference to he's alts.  He details this in the first post, so I guess this is in reference to he's main.  Lets not be negative now eh? ;)

Yeah I don't think GW2 is a game thats really setup for gear grinding, (it's great as a casual experience), which makes you wonder where it'll go in terms of this new Laurel stuff and the Ascended marlarky.  Clearly it needs some sustainable revenue model to be long term successful, what that is, and whether they'll have to introduce resentful elements to people still there, I don't know.

I ended up deleting my lv76 Ele and have one of everything now.  I had stopped playing after the first week but as I have the time now I'm going to give it a try again.  I'm enjoying the Thief but most of the other classes I'm not sure about yet.  I doubt it'll take till lv30 to make my mind up about them though ;)

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• obake90obake90 Member Posts: 60
    You want hardcore pvp... jump on Age of Conan... deathwish server
  • mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Aerowyn I have to say this time you're wrong. The game is no longer what it was when it first launched. Sure it was like the way you described in the beginning for the first two months, but ever since Nov it's not been the same. You see they used the excuse of bots to implement the breaking of loot in the open world, and to implement DR a well known mechanic that's caused so much contraversy in the past in other companies that have used it that those other companies have lost so many players they had to shut themselves down do to lack of revenue.

The first month one could do anything one wanted to in order to get geared to at the time the max was Exotic gear. One could craft exotics because rares were ample enough as drops in dragon events and meta events where one had to destroy armies of undead. But before they added Ascended gear they decided it would be a good idea to make loot almost impossible to get in the open world (as opposed to dungeons)

Jan 28th was hoped to be the patch where they'd finally listened to the fanbase and fixed the loot issues, that did not happen. Instead of fixing problems like using a double RNG for T6 mats for example, they decided to add yet another RNG bag to the store for the new laurel system. Instead of fixing the loot from Veterans and Champions they decided to increase it only slightly enough to get greens.

The game is still a grind. Right now if the game remained unchanged for the rest of the games life, one would have to spend 10 - 16 months to grind out enough laurels to get the ascended gear to gear up 1 toon. And God help you if you have Alts. Especially if you want to gear those alts. 

Ascended gear gives advantages in both WvW and in the Fotm style dungeons which means that if you want to see the next content, you need to make sure you are as geared as possible (the next content in dungeons) and you need to make sure you have the resistance to agony, which means you HAVE to have the gear you need to progress. I'm sorry to say my friend that the days of the freedom of choice in progression in GW2 are over, someone's gotten ahold of the steering wheel and turned the dials towards greed.

Wow, imagination really plays tricks on you.

Tell ya what. Leave GW2 alone and come back in a year. If what you say is right you can bash it all you want.

But until then please refrain yourself from imaginary "problems".