Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter is going to be the best f2p ever!

2»

Comments

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    ya know, This type of Hype NEVER goes badly.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I remember seeing a video somewhere that they stated the cash shop will be mainly used by people who want to use foundry.  You will be able to buy "theme packs" and individual skins and objects for your dungeon.  The majority of players that don't want to make foundry dungeons won't pay a dime.  I forget where I saw the video.

Utter nonesense and total BS.... so much so that I call you to post evidence of such a claim which your pulling from your ass in what I suspect is an attempt to downgrade the game.  NUMEROUS times have they stated their intentions with the CS and NEVER have they said anything remotely to what your saying.  If you really don't know the details of the game then it's best that you remain silent.

Yes some of the community made threads speculating about the CS but almost every thread on the site is pure 100% speculation for the most part.  Hardly any details are given out and most features are not even discussed in any detail by Cryptic beyond a vague comment of "Yes X will be included at launch."

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by bigsmiff
    I was excited for Neverwinter until I saw the bad combat animations. I know it is still in the development phase, but if they don't fix that, I won't be playing it. I am glad you are excited for it though.

Where the hell do you see bad combat animations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylmYK...yer_detailpage

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FfOg2i-lHuo

I do not see what you think you see.  If you want bad combat animations, look at games like Vanguard, WAR or even DF:UW for really bad animations.

The animations are really not all that great.  Great enviroments it seems like but the non-fluid animations will irk a lot of people.  By non-fluid I mean how after each swing there is that pause the destroyes the fluidicity of the game.  Alpha is Alpha but the are plenty of deficiencies in the engine.  Like the rigid kung-fu magi stance or the sparky effects that drives some people nuts, or the autrocious robot like movements of the dwarf walk.  There are plenty room for improvement with the games animation.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

The reason cryptic has stressed not to make authors pay for foundry content is very solid.

They do have limit on slot but that is to avoid too much load on servers. They have lots of slots for people and they open up as you keep making good missions (or if you keep playing the game and get astral diamonds)

No content in foundry is ever going to get charged. Now lets come to why - the reason what dev has told us.

In the foundry, there are usually only 0.5% of people who attempt to make foundry missions (STO Data) and 99.5%  people just come to play. Out of those, only 0.1% of total have missions which do make to 5 star. Hence they don't have too many authors in foundry - even when there were many trekkies of STO who are really really big fans.

Now D&D:NW may have more authors, but how much more? Lets say twice, thrice times more? 1-2% of total people?

That is why cryptic is ready to throw a red carpet for the authors and are really serious about having no barrier to foundry. Realize that they are going to have reasonable limits - they have to fight spammers and stuff too. While they will have large limits as much they can allow so that foundry authors still have the red carpet.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    The foundry is basically a way to generate content for free for the studio. This gives the game more playability for a longer period of time without the studio having to waste a penny on 'official' content. It makes no sense to charge for something that will help give the game more play time to it. 
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    I got a new blogger page for neverwinter guild members for "The Guild Of Icewind Dale" just head over to http://nwicewinddale.blogspot.com/ and check us out and if you like what you see your free to join!
  • COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Cryptic + Perfect World, somehow i doubt it will be the best anything ever.

Agreed.

I wish I had a dollar for every poster who proclaimed the next game coming out will be the greatest ever. Laughable...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

dont know if the direction has changed

but previously stated goals was that NWN will be similar to Vindictus / Rusty Hearts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/05/big-changes-to-cryptics-neverwinter

The developer says Neverwinter will be closer to a game like Nexon's Vindictus, where combat is controlled by mouse clicks, and where pattern recognition and reflexes are the keys to successfully murdering hordes of monsters. Vindictus is also session-based, with each action foray designed to last about twenty minutes (Rusty Hearts, mentioned above, also follows this pattern). It's entirely possible that Neverwinter will follow this session-based structure as well, though it's worth remembering that both Vindictus and Rusty Hearts were developed for an entirely different market

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Neverwinter is going to be one of those title's you play for years. With tons of end game with the Foundry, and the "Role Play", this is going to be a great game. Sadly i'm not a lifetime member of STO or CO and did not purchase a "Founders Pack" for RaiderZ (a great title too) so i'm probably not going to be in the BETA. For those lucky one's going to be in BETA, please post everything you know! Especially about the foundry! I CAN'T WAIT!

NEVERWINTER AND FORGOTTEN REALMS FOREVER!!!!!

Do you even think? NOOMFGBESTEVERFOREVER!

Retard-games are produced because of people like you: No brain and consuming like mindless cows. And then one day "Moooo, the gras has lost its flavor and I dunno why. Mooo!"

Think for the love of intelligent game-design, THINK!

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Alot of people have been burned by Cryptic's so called AAA games before, i honestly don't hold out any hope for this game to be any different, i'll eat my arse if i am wrong.
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    And I thought the Guild Wars 2 smug overhype was bad.
  • iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Every day is Déjà vu on mmorpg.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

Do you even think? NOOMFGBESTEVERFOREVER!

Retard-games are produced because of people like you: No brain and consuming like mindless cows. And then one day "Moooo, the gras has lost its flavor and I dunno why. Mooo!"

Think for the love of intelligent game-design, THINK!

I think NOOMFGBESTEVERFOREVER!

However, it is not a retard game because the opinion is formed after 2+ years of following the game right when it was announced as co-op.

Just because someone likes the game and think it will be NOOMFGBESTEVERFOREVER! there is no reason to put down that person because of their enthusiasm.

And intellegent design has nothing to do with it. Ingenious games bomb while retarded games get famous all the time.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Neverwinter is going to be one of those title's you play for years. With tons of end game with the Foundry, and the "Role Play", this is going to be a great game. Sadly i'm not a lifetime member of STO or CO and did not purchase a "Founders Pack" for RaiderZ (a great title too) so i'm probably not going to be in the BETA. For those lucky one's going to be in BETA, please post everything you know! Especially about the foundry! I CAN'T WAIT!

NEVERWINTER AND FORGOTTEN REALMS FOREVER!!!!!

Maybe not for everyone or even most people.  But in my opinion for me it is slowly becoming my most hyped game of all time. 

For me it is focusing on all the things I want in an MMO (which arguably isn't alot but sadly not done to this degree either).  It combines many elements that made Asheron's Call my favorite MMO of all time but i nthe context of a themepark with the most important features I look in a game (Running Dungeons & collecting phat lootz).  All this while using the msot innovative User Generated Content system to keep the game fresh and content rich for many years to come.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Scottgun

Keep hating a game with nonsensical posts and vabid hate and you will force us to hype it even more.  Dont want no hype then stay the heck off the forums and ignore games you dont intend to play.  Hate leads to hype, pretty sure that was the next line in Yodas famous speech.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by COORS

Originally posted by Kabaal
    Cryptic + Perfect World, somehow i doubt it will be the best anything ever.

Agreed.

I wish I had a dollar for every poster who proclaimed the next game coming out will be the greatest ever. Laughable...

Yup... The next game that Cryptic makes that is not a POS will be the first.
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Scottgun

Keep hating a game with nonsensical posts and vabid hate and you will force us to hype it even more.  Dont want no hype then stay the heck off the forums and ignore games you dont intend to play.  Hate leads to hype, pretty sure that was the next line in Yodas famous speech.

There is no forcing you, you hype the game every chance you get.

As for the topic.... well considering DDO is claimed as the best F2P MMO I really doubt that it will be hard to be claimed the best F2P MMO since competition there is pathetic.  Even still, Neverwinter has much to prove yet.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Perfect World, no thanks.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.