Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blergh... I just CAN'T cope with these stories...

124»

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Elikal

Out of boredom and curiosity I went back to one sub months. I made my peace with lots of things, like the barren worlds and stuff. But many of the stories... so they are just SO bad.

Agent, Inquisitor and Smuggler, those were good stories. But Jedi... good grief, it's like a fanfic! So so so stereotype. Not a cent of humor. It's like what Mark Hammill said, when he first saw the New Trilogy, that it was so damn serious and no humor. Indeed. That was the big difference between Old and good and the mediocre New Trilogy. WAAAAY too serious. It's always noble Jedi, selfless bla blah... do those Jedi EVER get tired of their calender-wisdom? I mean, their sayings could be right outside a cheap horoscope!

And many, many of the planetary quests are just as awful. Sorry, but for a company claiming to take STORY so important, most of the stories SUCK. I mean, ok  they don't suck, but they are on a level like a fanfic! Save the sick master, get the princess... bla bla. God, can a story get anymore stereotype and lame?

EVERY NPC: "Oh save my farm/shop/family from the evil XYZ. And to do that you must take the Y from the END of the cave and wade through all mobs."

JEDI: "Verily, honorable stranger to whom I owe nothing,  it is my duty as Jedi to work for free! It was the will of the Force I came here to save your precious cake/diary/daughter/waffle collection."

Yeah. VERY creative writing. NOT!

Zzzzzzzzz....

I found the smuggler story a snoozefest myself but to each thier own.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Yeah... not too fond of Taris either, it's always been one of the planets where I lose momentum, then it gets better again until I reach Belsavis & Voss - at which point I'm likely to go play something else while I occasionally come back to torture myself again by struggling through those zones.

It's not that they are hard or anything, they simply bore me to tears.

Yeah. I hope they add new middle level planets. Or do a total revamp like Cata did.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Yeah... not too fond of Taris either, it's always been one of the planets where I lose momentum, then it gets better again until I reach Belsavis & Voss - at which point I'm likely to go play something else while I occasionally come back to torture myself again by struggling through those zones.

It's not that they are hard or anything, they simply bore me to tears.

Yeah. I hope they add new middle level planets. Or do a total revamp like Cata did.

Yeah, that would definitely be welcome - I could even live with having to travel to those planets just to complete my class stories while getting the majority of my levels elsewhere.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I started to play Sith Warrior, yeah the story is much better.

Still, planet quests still are often dubious, but even here Empire is better. But... I am hitting Taris now, and it feels like a brick wall. With so few people making WZs now and low XP from WZs and PVP... I am not sure I will play further. Taris is SO SO SO horribad. XD

Taris on the imperial side is a little rough ,but i did enjoy the humor of the main planetary questline , i forgot her name but she's one moody sith lady :) She might be called Shana possibly.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Taris on the imperial side is a little rough ,but i did enjoy the humor of the main planetary questline , i forgot her name but she's one moody sith lady :) She might be called Shana possibly.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I actually like that one on Taris. My sith liked her so much that they spent , shall we say, a LOT of time together ;)

My favorite of all the planetary quests was on Corellia. I've ran it threee times and had a different result each run through. Do you recomend ruling with an iron fist, or treating the corellians like real allies? Do you let the Corellian turn coat live and act as a "Governor," or do you kill him? By far the best one. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I actually like that one on Taris. My sith liked her so much that they spent , shall we say, a LOT of time together ;)

My favorite of all the planetary quests was on Corellia. I've ran it threee times and had a different result each run through. Do you recomend ruling with an iron fist, or treating the corellians like real allies? Do you let the Corellian turn coat live and act as a "Governor," or do you kill him? By far the best one. 

By the time I get to Corellia I'm almost maxed so i haven't done the side quests yet. I'm waiting for the cap to go up , so now you've mentioned a cool questline on there i'm excited to finally play it. I just go through the class quests there atm. I might skip  a different planets side quests on my next character just so I can see the corellia side quests :).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

By the time I get to Corellia I'm almost maxed so i haven't done the side quests yet. I'm waiting for the cap to go up , so now you've mentioned a cool questline on there i'm excited to finally play it. I just go through the class quests there atm. I might skip  a different planets side quests on my next character just so I can see the corellia side quests :).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

With my Sith Characters I ran it during the leveling process. With my bounty hunter I skipped it and didn't go back to it until MUCH later just to see what it was like for the Empire to deal with a character that only cared about getting paid. It was hilarious to say the least ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft