Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] Neverwinter: Hope & Fear All at Once

Comments

• ArconaArcona VanlosePosts: 1,185Member
    Originally posted by mmoDAD
    I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I'm not even going to look into Neverwinter. If it's Cryptic, I know it will suck.

To each their own, the Foundry alone is a revolution in MMO games.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Halifax, NSPosts: 777Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    Error on the side of caution, someday that will click for everyone.

"Err on the side of caution."

The way you say it means people are wrong to be cautious. lol

• kosackosac Bakov nad JizerouPosts: 189Member Uncommon
    neverwinter.. wizardry... everything soo action placed..  ... everything asian developer?
  • augustgraceaugustgrace Cottonwood, CAPosts: 624Member Uncommon

Wowsers *facepalm*

You'd think a few minutes of research would be put into  an article.  No optional sub has been mentioned, and the $200 pack is certainly not a lifetime option.  The lack of even an optional sub is what makes the price on the $200 pack so bizarre.  It was clearly based on the top tier packs sold for CO and STO, yet NWO doesn't have a sub or continuous monthly benefits to be included in its top tier package

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r NowherePosts: 349Member Uncommon

It is Cryptic. Stop hyping.

They fooled a lot of people in the past and some of "us" dont have a short memory.

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,191Member Uncommon

Whoa Suzie, the foundry is not even close to what you could build with the original toolset.  Let's not go overboard there.  You also have to pay for it after the first few times.

My thought is that PW will not be able to resist putting game changing things in the item shop.  Every other game they own has them.  Hopefully I will be wrong here.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

• PaladrinkPaladrink SantiagoPosts: 47Member

That's it, that trailer made me ran away from their game.

I was skeptical of course, but this has driven me far from what i expected to see. It's clear now for me this is another Fail.

BTW, the foundry is a feature already existing on EQ2, I just hope they get that part right at least.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

European prices vs American prices

189,99€  vs 199,99$

55,99€ vs 59,99$

18,99€ vs 19,99$

• koljanekoljane BelgradePosts: 127Member Uncommon

I like to troll like i did for GW2 and mostly i was right about the game and the future of it but NW..................... hm..... I think I want this game to try right now...... all memories got back to me playing Neverwinter Nights 1 on a server called Blackstone that one guy made it and it was a blast !!! 

If they dont treat ppl like retards and listen to the community it can bring us all a good fresh start or even get us older players back in time.

Fingers crossed for NW.

189,99 euro is 257,26 dollars +28%

55,99 euro is 75,82 dollars + 26%

18,99 euo is 25,71 dollars +28%

• saranyasaranya austin, TXPosts: 33Member
    all i need to know is Cryptic is behind this game.  Insta fail.
  • koljanekoljane BelgradePosts: 127Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by saranya
    all i need to know is Cryptic is behind this game.  Insta fail.

NC Soft was behind GW 2 and still lot of ppl bought the game, so I don`t think it can be that worst :D

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Granada Hills, CAPosts: 2Member
    All I will say is there is some inaccurate article "subscription" information and this is noted by the US community manager here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?32131-mmorpg-com-says-the-game-has-a-sub-and-lifetime-option&p=542151&viewfull=1#post542151

Neverwinter never ever was a subscription planned game and will not be. The pricing is for Founders packs only and is completely optional. I will end my reply here and any of you can discuss this on our official forums if you like. Ms. Ford, pleas correct your article, thank you. 

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,214Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by iamtruthseeker
    All I will say is there is some inaccurate article information and this will be addressed shortly. 

lol, Truth you made an account.  Welcome.  New world order and all that. 

I hope you fix the misinfo.

signed @torskaldr

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYPosts: 3,437Member Uncommon

Anyone know if the Dire Wolf in the $60 pack is a combat pet like the panther?

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Granada Hills, CAPosts: 2Member

I thought I would never have to make an "official" account but this left me no choice. 

Neverwinter never ever was a subscription planned game and will not be. The pricing is for Founders packs only and is completely optional as wel as the Foundry NEVER will charge for authors. Ms. Ford, pleas correct your article, thank you.  I will end my reply here and any of you can discuss this on our official forums if you like.

• AkulasAkulas GoldcoastPosts: 1,617Member Uncommon
    Should cut out PWE from it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Entris38Entris38 Somewhere, OHPosts: 323Member Uncommon
    As excited as I am about this game, I'm not giving up a cent to PWE  until I see how they are going to handle this title. I'm very, very skeptical of PWE and Cryptic.

I thought I would never have to make an "official" account but this left me no choice. 

Neverwinter never ever was a subscription planned game and will not be. The pricing is for Founders packs only and is completely optional as wel as the Foundry NEVER will charge for authors. Ms. Ford, pleas correct your article, thank you.  I will end my reply here and any of you can discuss this on our official forums if you like.

If Kotaku and Steam played by the rules and waited until everyone had an official press release then this sort of thing might not happen (or be minimized).  A PM or email stating who you are to Suzie might be helpful too.  Lot's of posters here write this sort of stuff so it can be hard to weed out official sources from not so official sources.

• FelconianFelconian Cape TownPosts: 103Member

ROFL ......

This is Cryptic Studios we talking about........ HELLO!

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 lincoln, NEPosts: 175Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

If Kotaku and Steam played by the rules and waited until everyone had an official press release then this sort of thing might not happen (or be minimized).  A PM or email stating who you are to Suzie might be helpful too.  Lot's of posters here write this sort of stuff so it can be hard to weed out official sources from not so official sources.

what are the rules Steam is breaking ? 

• SephrosSephros Somewhere, CAPosts: 396Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    Error on the side of caution, someday that will click for everyone.

Of course of you said Err on the side of caution, we would understand.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

Originally posted by Tyvolus4
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

what are the rules Steam is breaking ? 

Some places released some information ahead of the go flag.

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,191Member Uncommon

It is right on the website, you have to pay for additional foundry slots after you use a few.  Read much?

• augustgraceaugustgrace Cottonwood, CAPosts: 624Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

It is right on the website, you have to pay for additional foundry slots after you use a few.  Read much?

1)  Where?  Reading the foundry page, no such limits are suggested http://nw.perfectworld.com/about/foundry   Additionally I'm unaware of any such limits on the foundry in STO.

2)  You do realize that that iamtruthseeker is a community mod, and likely knows more than either of us, right?