Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Neverwinter: Hope & Fear All at Once

Comments

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    neverwinter.. wizardry... everything soo action placed..  ... everything asian developer?
  • augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Wowsers *facepalm*

You'd think a few minutes of research would be put into  an article.  No optional sub has been mentioned, and the $200 pack is certainly not a lifetime option.  The lack of even an optional sub is what makes the price on the $200 pack so bizarre.  It was clearly based on the top tier packs sold for CO and STO, yet NWO doesn't have a sub or continuous monthly benefits to be included in its top tier package

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

It is Cryptic. Stop hyping.

They fooled a lot of people in the past and some of "us" dont have a short memory.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Whoa Suzie, the foundry is not even close to what you could build with the original toolset.  Let's not go overboard there.  You also have to pay for it after the first few times.

My thought is that PW will not be able to resist putting game changing things in the item shop.  Every other game they own has them.  Hopefully I will be wrong here.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

• PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62

That's it, that trailer made me ran away from their game.

I was skeptical of course, but this has driven me far from what i expected to see. It's clear now for me this is another Fail.

BTW, the foundry is a feature already existing on EQ2, I just hope they get that part right at least.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

European prices vs American prices

189,99€  vs 199,99$

55,99€ vs 59,99$

18,99€ vs 19,99$

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

I like to troll like i did for GW2 and mostly i was right about the game and the future of it but NW..................... hm..... I think I want this game to try right now...... all memories got back to me playing Neverwinter Nights 1 on a server called Blackstone that one guy made it and it was a blast !!! 

If they dont treat ppl like retards and listen to the community it can bring us all a good fresh start or even get us older players back in time.

Fingers crossed for NW.

189,99 euro is 257,26 dollars +28%

55,99 euro is 75,82 dollars + 26%

18,99 euo is 25,71 dollars +28%

• saranyasaranya Member Posts: 33
    all i need to know is Cryptic is behind this game.  Insta fail.
  • koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by saranya
    all i need to know is Cryptic is behind this game.  Insta fail.

NC Soft was behind GW 2 and still lot of ppl bought the game, so I don`t think it can be that worst :D

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member Posts: 2
    All I will say is there is some inaccurate article "subscription" information and this is noted by the US community manager here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?32131-mmorpg-com-says-the-game-has-a-sub-and-lifetime-option&p=542151&viewfull=1#post542151

Neverwinter never ever was a subscription planned game and will not be. The pricing is for Founders packs only and is completely optional. I will end my reply here and any of you can discuss this on our official forums if you like. Ms. Ford, pleas correct your article, thank you. 

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Anyone know if the Dire Wolf in the $60 pack is a combat pet like the panther?

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member Posts: 2

I thought I would never have to make an "official" account but this left me no choice. 

Neverwinter never ever was a subscription planned game and will not be. The pricing is for Founders packs only and is completely optional as wel as the Foundry NEVER will charge for authors. Ms. Ford, pleas correct your article, thank you.  I will end my reply here and any of you can discuss this on our official forums if you like.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Should cut out PWE from it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    As excited as I am about this game, I'm not giving up a cent to PWE  until I see how they are going to handle this title. I'm very, very skeptical of PWE and Cryptic.
  • FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103

ROFL ......

This is Cryptic Studios we talking about........ HELLO!

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by iamtruthseeker

I thought I would never have to make an "official" account but this left me no choice. 

Neverwinter never ever was a subscription planned game and will not be. The pricing is for Founders packs only and is completely optional as wel as the Foundry NEVER will charge for authors. Ms. Ford, pleas correct your article, thank you.  I will end my reply here and any of you can discuss this on our official forums if you like.

If Kotaku and Steam played by the rules and waited until everyone had an official press release then this sort of thing might not happen (or be minimized).  A PM or email stating who you are to Suzie might be helpful too.  Lot's of posters here write this sort of stuff so it can be hard to weed out official sources from not so official sources.

what are the rules Steam is breaking ? 

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    Error on the side of caution, someday that will click for everyone.

Of course of you said Err on the side of caution, we would understand.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

It is right on the website, you have to pay for additional foundry slots after you use a few.  Read much?

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

It is right on the website, you have to pay for additional foundry slots after you use a few.  Read much?

1)  Where?  Reading the foundry page, no such limits are suggested http://nw.perfectworld.com/about/foundry   Additionally I'm unaware of any such limits on the foundry in STO.

2)  You do realize that that iamtruthseeker is a community mod, and likely knows more than either of us, right?

• FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103
    you sir ..are 100% Right !
    All I will say is there is some inaccurate article "subscription" information and this is noted by the US community manager here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?32131-mmorpg-com-says-the-game-has-a-sub-and-lifetime-option&p=542151&viewfull=1#post542151

Neverwinter never ever was a subscription planned game and will not be. The pricing is for Founders packs only and is completely optional. I will end my reply here and any of you can discuss this on our official forums if you like. Ms. Ford, pleas correct your article, thank you. 

Now give some beta keys to show you are not completely greedy :)

Monthly fee, Lifetime subsribtion, Foundry payments...

so many inaccuracies in this article, [mod edit]

• MastrshadowMastrshadow Member UncommonPosts: 16

Have to lol at the author of this article who doesn't seem to know much of anything about the game.

Speaking just to the idea of monetizing the Foundry, Craig Zinkievich, Crptic Studios COO, specifically said that they would not, and the rest of the gaming industry should not, monitize content authors.

Link to article with video

Research is hard....

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

it's cryptic, they once boasted they could make any MMO in 6 months using their engine.

i just don't trust them.

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week