Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Like Minecraft - But Harder

Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

Looking for a game I can play with a friend like Minecraft, but much harder than Minecraft. Maybe a Minecraft mod I don't know about?

No Terarria. 

I'm not really expecting much, but I'm asking just in case.

Comments

• fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61
    Define 'harder'. If you mean in terms of monster difficulty I'd highly suggest running a server off your PC and using the Monster Apocalypse plugin. I play MC on a solo server with this plugin, and it makes the game ENORMOUSLY harder (zombiues can dig through walls, skeletons can be set have exploding areas, monsters can detect you from far away, etc etc).
  • worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403

My 8 yo just got Minecraft on iOS. Not sure what all the buzz, and how they generated a quarter billion dollars with it.  I know there is a game called Castle Story that might be of interest to you.  Here is their Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/902505202/castle-story

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by worldalpha

My 8 yo just got Minecraft on iOS. Not sure what all the buzz, and how they generated a quarter billion dollars with it.  I know there is a game called Castle Story that might be of interest to you.  Here is their Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/902505202/castle-story

The ios/android versions are watered down in comparison to the pc game. Its quite intensive on your CPU so phones would struggle with the full game. Thats why border restrictions exist etc.

If you want to experience why millions have bought it, check out the full game at www.minecraft.net

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The phone versions are just the free pc version, just building stuff. They don't have survival mode and what have you.
  • EiviEivi Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    The phone versions are just the free pc version, just building stuff. They don't have survival mode and what have you.

added to the fact that the world isnt nearly as deep (literally) and you come up against a big blue wall if you walk too far.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143
    I am still not allowed to say much but .. i can say this : look for  "BAW" soon.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

There are so many Mods which do exactly what you are looking for that listing them is pointless.

The beauty of Minecraft is that it can be modded to do an amazing array of thigs and completley customize your game.Here is a good place to start looking http://www.planetminecraft.com/resources/mods/any/?p=1-

Now, what version are you running? Right now there are still a plathora of great Mods which have not been updated yet (like the sim Village Mod which adds a 'sim city' approach to villages and gives the NPCs motivations and such) but even running 1.4.7 you should easily find something to suit your needs.

Half the fun IS modding. I run a TON of Mods and have a very difficulyt game with Daywalkers (zombies in the day) and a Zombie Apocolypse along with a slew of other things- Problem for me is that some of the mods I usually play with have not yet been updated and I (foolishly) updated my client - So I am taking a break for now.

Minecraft is one of the best games of the decade IMHO and is closer to a "Virtual World" MMO than the garbage we are handed out these days. There are some awesome servers out there- Again, too many to list and you must "shop" around to find a server which fits your playstyle.

-Good luck.

• BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62
    I'm not sure of what you are exactly looking for but Wurm Online is a really deep and complex crafting game. In fact the more complex crafting system i have played. Can be a good pick, really good community.