Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO the Nuke!

Well after playing almost any game out there seens EQ I, and read any posts on upcoming and faild developed games for the future, I can with out a doubt say that after the release of ESO it wil bring the effect of a nuke waveing over the world and eradicate any mmo at that time, some fast som painfull. And it will place a shadow  covering the planet completly for decade so that any one mmo trying to climb up from the depths will be suffocated in their own failer, for not having the power to bring light back on to this planet.

Arzh Angel

Comments

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by ArzhAngel

Well after playing almost any game out there seens EQ I, and read any posts on upcoming and faild developed games for the future, I can with out a doubt say that after the release of ESO it wil bring the effect of a nuke waveing over the world and eradicate any mmo at that time, some fast som painfull. And it will place a shadow  covering the planet completly for decade so that any one mmo trying to climb up from the depths will be suffocated in their own failer, for not having the power to bring light back on to this planet.

Arzh Angel

Possible... at least for 2 years... then Titan comes out, and blizzard really knows how to create a successful mmo - its not that I like it or not, but its a fact. They seem to have this "touch" when they touch it turns to a 10.000.000+ player base... basically blizzard is the opposite of Mark Jacobs.

But yea I hope TES rules them all and I hope I like it - I sure look forward to it!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Crazyhorsek
    Originally posted by ArzhAngel

Arzh Angel

Possible... at least for 2 years... then Titan comes out, and blizzard really knows how to create a successful mmo - its not that I like it or not, but its a fact. They seem to have this "touch" when they touch it turns to a 10.000.000+ player base... basically blizzard is the opposite of Mark Jacobs.

But yea I hope TES rules them all and I hope I like it - I sure look forward to it!

I hope they moved Jay Wilson to Titan. Blizzard needs one of their games to fall hard for a good reality check. Right now it's caviar and bonuses, let's see what happens when they do what they did with D3 with a sub based MMO. I hope you are right about ESO OP, but that's a little too much optimism, even for me haha.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Who says Titan will be sub based. My thinking is they will fund it VIA a real money auction house, its the best explanation for their d3 experiment.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The way I see TESO is as a GW2 + DAOC hybrid with eye-candy graphics and TES lore.  That's good, but I don't think that's quite "nuke" material.

My speculation is that the real "nuke" from TESO will be an announcement of an xbox port including cross-platform online gameplay.  I think the hint was in Matt Firor's comment about "bringing TES fans and MMO fans together in the same game".  There's plenty of TES fans who don't play on PC.

I'm not the first to wonder about this.  Forbes link.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Mass Hysteria!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Mass Hysteria!

Cats and Dogs living together...

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Xap
    Getting a mmo on xbox is impossible due to the dickish behaviour of Microsoft. No company is going to be prepared to pay Microsoft every time they patch a mmo.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Xap
    Getting a mmo on xbox is impossible due to the dickish behaviour of Microsoft. No company is going to be prepared to pay Microsoft every time they patch a mmo.

Not surprising.  Wouldn't dout that at all from M$.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Mass Hysteria!

Cats and Dogs living together...

Can't forget some human sacrifice.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by XAPGames

The way I see TESO is as a GW2 + DAOC hybrid with eye-candy graphics and TES lore.  That's good, but I don't think that's quite "nuke" material.

My speculation is that the real "nuke" from TESO will be an announcement of an xbox port including cross-platform online gameplay.  I think the hint was in Matt Firor's comment about "bringing TES fans and MMO fans together in the same game".  There's plenty of TES fans who don't play on PC.

I'm fine with that... Im no "pc hardcore" or "anti-console"... pvp, rvr, mmorpg - players the more, the better, who cares where they're playing from.

If it becomes true then yes, TESO will blow the competition out of the water at least for a while... ppl that have xboxes or ps3 and that prefer those systems to play their games shouldnt be forced to play on a pc - its a great idea. I have both but I'm more of a pc gamer, but the idea is terrific specially applied to an mmo that already has the Elder Scrolls franchise on consoles (least the last 3 titles - morrowind, oblivion and skyrim)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

According to this stat site:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/

Out of the 10 million Skyrim sales only 14% of those were PC sales. I'm sure it will happen in the future (cross platform).

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by immodium

According to this stat site:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/

Out of the 10 million Skyrim sales only 14% of those were PC sales. I'm sure it will happen in the future (cross platform).

The thing people tend to forget is that the vast majority of console owners also own a pc, console games get more sales because they're easier to set up (minimal install and no settings to mess around with) and your game is garunteed to run well (well 99% of the time).

As long as they make the game so it can run on fairly old systems then what platform its on shouldnt be that big an issue