Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Will Fail Big Time! Idiot Devs Have No Idea

124»

Comments

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by deakon

They are aiming for 150 hours gameplay to level cap, thats their aim, regardless of faction lock, the developers see 150 hours as their sweet spot, so we would get 150h per toon anyway regardless of wether or not we could explore all lands or not, except with this system we get 150h per faction

You know what, if they have opened up the areas, not put faction restrictions in place and put in 150h worth of quests into an open world rather then put 300h into 2 zones that will never be seen unless you roll an alt...they could have fixed the fucked up design.

By making the game have less replayability? No thanks.

I would much rather have 3 tes games connected by a pvp tes game than one tes game with content spread thinner

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by deakon

Originally posted by Regosichar if an artificual structure is required to protect lowbs from gankers, let it simply be a feature that prevents pvp between characters who differ in level greater than 10...and then open after level 30 or whatever...   preventing full world exploration in an Elder Scroll chapter is stupid.   It will just be some other boring fantasy clone and you will all hate it in no more than 2 months of playing.    Why is this even an elder scrolls game?  would you play a single player elder scrolls game where you couldnt explore all content?
    There has never been an elder scrolls game where you can explore the whole of tamriel tho (well arena you could but it was mostly randomly generated), in this elder scrolls game you can explore more than one province so in reality its less restrictive than before

Lets come back to reality, Those elderscrolls games didnt have the content. This game HAS the content you just cant access it.

You can it just takes more than one toon to do it, which has also  been the case in single play tes games

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by JeroKane

So you are pissed off, because you cannot gank newbies in starter zones? lol.

Cry more!

Ha, its good to scroll down and see the first post was about your thoughts, nice one.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Darrgen

I know.

Seems some of these guys are sandbox fans and they maybe have legitimate points.

Other seem to prefer wow clone games and are in horror thinking oh no they will divide my typical wow clone game world into 3 giving me less content (particularly if they come from small games like tsw, swtor, pre expansion rift and Aoc). What they don't realise is they still get their world to level in, but there's a whole extra 2 worlds out there if they ever make an alt. People are whining about having less content when in fact they are getting more.

FFS it isn't a world if you have to create an alt to see the rest of it.

"I want to climb the highest moutain within 100 miles"

Go to Skyrim.....oops forgot you are a Breton....reroll"

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Who want's 3 games in one - I'd rather have one game in one.  Sounds like the same spin SWTOR tried to pull.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Darrgen

I know.

Seems some of these guys are sandbox fans and they maybe have legitimate points.

Other seem to prefer wow clone games and are in horror thinking oh no they will divide my typical wow clone game world into 3 giving me less content (particularly if they come from small games like tsw, swtor, pre expansion rift and Aoc). What they don't realise is they still get their world to level in, but there's a whole extra 2 worlds out there if they ever make an alt. People are whining about having less content when in fact they are getting more.

FFS it isn't a world if you have to create an alt to see the rest of it.

"I want to climb the highest moutain within 100 miles"

Great you made your point: This game is not for you so move along... peace bro.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Imperator101

They emphasised exploration so much in their gameplay presentation yet they are going to lock you out of the enemy factions territory, what a contradiction form a bunch of fools making this game. All pvp is limited to Cyrodiil so you can kiss true open world pvp throughout the entire world goodbye. What kind of idiot would lock you out of the rest of the game? Who the hell wants to make a new character just to see more of the game? A lot of people have a sense of loyalty to their faction, this game is very stupid and will fail big time if they limit pvp to Cryodiil and lock you out of enemy factions. There may be no quests in enemy faction zones but you can still do dungeons in their zones and fight new NPC enemies.

I hope this game bombs big time and is eventually closed down or goes free to play quickly, this is like a handicapped MMORPG, I would rather play WoW since it does not lock you out of enemy territory and you can do open world pvp anywhere.

as said a douzen times before:

that's about the same system dark age of camelot was using (unless you were on a pure pvp server), and i doubt you wanna call daoc pvp a fail?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

ROFL!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by sapphen
    Who want's 3 games in one - I'd rather have one game in one.  Sounds like the same spin SWTOR tried to pull.

in fairness, this is what TESO fans are saying

I dont recall the devs saying this

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by WellzyC

DAoc had faction locked territories,

pvp was restricted to frontier lands,

You had to make a new char to see the other factions,

And is considered one of the best mmorpgs of all time... nough said.

I didnt know this.  It does make me feel better about locked enemy faction territories.  Lets hope ESO gets it right then.

Originally posted by Maephisto
    Originally posted by WellzyC

DAoc had faction locked territories,

pvp was restricted to frontier lands,

You had to make a new char to see the other factions,

And is considered one of the best mmorpgs of all time... nough said.

I didnt know this.  It does make me feel better about locked enemy faction territories.  Lets hope ESO gets it right then.

DOAC had good PVP...according to the PVP players who played it. Go figure.

Bit biased there to be considered one of the best. It might have had good PvP but waht about the rest if it. If only PvPer's stuck with it then what was the point in using the TES IP...oh that is right, to get idiots without any sense to buy it!

• Stealthman06Stealthman06 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by Drolkin

There is at least 3 posts on the first page mentioning how the OP wants to gank low lvl players in starter areas yet the OP never stated such a thing.

GG TROLRPG.com

That is because he edited his original post.

MMORPG Forums: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    With a title like that, how could a thread fail?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814

I'm looking forward to the game. I played a lot of DAOC since the beginning, and I love PvE and crafting. I also liked the RvR of DAOC, owning keeps, raiding to get the relics, etc. I even enjoyed doing PvE in the RvR areas, for the added danger. If there is enough content and room for each faction, it will be great!

I also play Morrowind and Skyrim, and I see no problem with not being able to explore all the continents with the same character. Being limited to something the size of Skyrim for my character seems fine with me.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

Originally posted by Betaguy

Great you made your point: This game is not for you so move along... peace bro.

"you don't want your piece of shit? More for me then. Laughs on you..."

"Really?"

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Darrgen
    I find it funny people are complaining about faction locked lands yet they are giving you 3 ELDER SCROLLS GAMES worth of lands to explore per faction plus they'll add more to each faction every expansion. Yes they are using the DaoC template for this but segregated lands and classes made DaoC one of the best games for community thus for in MMOs.  I'd prefer not to have whiners that complain about stuff like this in ESO anyways.

haha... that reminds me of EA/Bioware´s crazy fantasy talk about SWTOR back in 2008:

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/10/26/kotor-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-are-in-star-wars-the-old-republic-says-bioware.htm

"SWTOR´s creative director at BioWare, James Ohlen, has made an interesting remark about KOTOR 3 being part of the PC MMORPG in a recent video interview that you can watch below.

To quote: “One of the things we like to joke about this game… is just the sheer amount of content we’re doing and the fact that when our fans ask ‘Why aren’t you doing Knight of the Old Republic 3?’ …we’re really doing KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12+. We have THAT much content, that many stories, and we really get to do a lot of the things that we wouldn’t have been able to do in KOTOR 3."

Yeah, because SWTOR is soooo big and soooo diverse, you can level each toon on the same dull planets, in the same order,  and go to few faction secluded areas.

Now, this "3 Elder Scrolls game" talk -> I believe 0%

I´d only believe it if TESO would cost 400 million $ more and would be in development until 2017

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    Honestly, I really like what I am seeing with TESO.  I will pre order this one.
    Think about it from a design perspective.  "Okay folks, we're gonna make the biggest Elder Scrolls game to date BUT instead of letting everyone explore this land  lets limit them to only 1/3 of the land.  Then we'll put in a huge PvP zone slap dab in the middle for all the PvP players".
  • Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274

You cant make a MMORPG based on exploration, because players can go through the material far faster than developers can create it. You have to have some other type of endgame, or else it becomes a themepark that lasts 1-6 months depending on how fast you level, and then you either re-roll or quit. So the exploration aspect that makes Elder Scrolls so fun, just cant work for a MMORPG if they want to retain players over the longer term.

They chose a PvP endgame, which IMO fits Elder Scrolls better than the 'dungeon raid' endgame we have seen especially since WoW. Once they chose a PvP endgame, they had to separate the starter zones from the PvP endgame area, because they didnt want ESO to have newbies being ganked in the starter zones. And I totally agree. It would have been a huge turn-off for the Elder Scrolls fanbase.

Personally I think they found a very good balance. A PvP endgame with PvE levelling in non-PvP areas. It worked fine in DAoC and I dont see why it wont work in ESO.

And of course if you want to experience all three alliance zones, you can always re-roll. It sounds like each of those alliance areas will be larger than anything in a Elder Scrolls game so far. Complaining that one character cant explore the whole thing seems pretty silly to me. Its like a player in Skyrim complaining they cant explore Cyrodill or Morrowind.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

TESO will be like DAOC but better?

Cool, another game to skip. =)

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Drolkin

TESO will be like DAOC but better?

Cool, another game to skip. =)

Your loss =)

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

They emphasised exploration so much in their gameplay presentation yet they are going to lock you out of the enemy factions territory, what a contradiction form a bunch of fools making this game. All pvp is limited to Cyrodiil so you can kiss true open world pvp throughout the entire world goodbye. What kind of idiot would lock you out of the rest of the game? Who the hell wants to make a new character just to see more of the game? A lot of people have a sense of loyalty to their faction, this game is very stupid and will fail big time if they limit pvp to Cryodiil and lock you out of enemy factions. There may be no quests in enemy faction zones but you can still do dungeons in their zones and fight new NPC enemies.

I hope this game bombs big time and is eventually closed down or goes free to play quickly, this is like a handicapped MMORPG, I would rather play WoW since it does not lock you out of enemy territory and you can do open world pvp anywhere.

Are you 12 years old?

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272

They emphasised exploration so much in their gameplay presentation yet they are going to lock you out of the enemy factions territory, what a contradiction form a bunch of fools making this game. All pvp is limited to Cyrodiil so you can kiss true open world pvp throughout the entire world goodbye. What kind of idiot would lock you out of the rest of the game?

This is one of the best news I've heard about TES Online!!!!

Omg it IS DAOC 2 AFTER ALL!!!! Thanks Zenimax!!!! Really.

As for the OP... well... you know I never quite seem to grasp the concept behind "I dont like this I hope it fails". Its so stupid... really. For instance I hate GW2... its visceral, but... lots of people like it and I dont wish it to fail, I just dont play it and hope that ppl playing have the fun I didnt have.

To wish for something to fail just because we dont like it its stupid. Dont play it. Let others have fun. I for instance am delighted with the idea of "I'm behind my country walls and only see the enemy when I go out". Thats how DAoC worked and that was the perfect formula. Why? Because in games like WoW 2 things happen - one you go by your enemy and nothing happens - I'm mining he's fighting mobs - which makes no sense - or high levels come and kill all lowbies which just ruins the fun and creates a bad feeling in people, specially kids, that think "When I'm high level I'll just come here and kill everyone also".

Now with this kind of lock in place, if you want to pve you're in your homeland... its fine. And if you want to pvp you have level bracket persistant battlegrounds like DAoC and you go there for that purpose. Or you can PvE there but you know the risks. You could pve in battlegrounds and frontiers of DAoC but... well there were consequences if the enemy faction showed up.

Plus be assured that, in this "locked model" if you cross anyone from the opposing factions its NOT to collect herbs or mine a node near you its just to kill you - no friendly "oh hes mining let him be" mode... advice if you're playing TES and if you see anyone that isnt from your faction, kill them - strike first.

The motto of DAoC is back - RED IS DEAD.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is kind of ranty with a bait-y thread title, covering discussion already in open threads.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.