Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Will Fail Big Time! Idiot Devs Have No Idea

Comments

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    If all you want to do is explore pve areas play Skyrim. If you want DAoC 2 and are awesome, play ESO.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• casual187casual187 Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by ikarrian
    People seem to forget that you can play PvE with other people aswell, Not only for PvP. And i smell puberty from all these Ragers.

Just made me think of this http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming 

Fav quote "and they stink of Mountain dew and ritalin, sir." image

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Another of these threads... Seen the Areas yet OP?
    Some areas he possibly never will.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

if an artificual structure is required to protect lowbs from gankers, let it simply be a feature that prevents pvp between characters who differ in level greater than 10...and then open after level 30 or whatever...

preventing full world exploration in an Elder Scroll chapter is stupid.   It will just be some other boring fantasy clone and you will all hate it in no more than 2 months of playing. 

Why is this even an elder scrolls game?  would you play a single player elder scrolls game where you couldnt explore all content?

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Fromhell

I can tell you why tsw and Aoc don't do it.

TO SAVE MONEY

tsw is a tiny game

LOL.. if you believe TESO will be three times as big as AoC or TSW; just because it has three secluded factions, you will have harsh awakening from your dreams.. content does not grow on trees, mate.

AoC size is GIGANTIC, it is impossible that any MMO can be as big at launch as AoC 4.0

btw I prefer a few high detailed areas than a big landmass of nothingness and a few mobs standing around, like SWTOR "Hoth"

Content Size=/=Content Size

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Macecard
    Originally posted by Imperator101

They emphasised exploration so much in their gameplay presentation yet they are going to lock you out of the enemy factions territory, what a contradiction form a bunch of fools making this game. All pvp is limited to Cyrodiil so you can kiss true open world pvp throughout the entire world goodbye. What kind of idiot would lock you out of the rest of the game? Who the hell wants to make a new character just to see more of the game? A lot of people have a sense of loyalty to their faction, this game is very stupid and will fail big time if they limit pvp to Cryodiil and lock you out of enemy factions. There may be no quests in enemy faction zones but you can still do dungeons in their zones and fight new NPC enemies.

I hope this game bombs big time and is eventually closed down or goes free to play quickly, this is like a handicapped MMORPG, I would rather play WoW since it does not lock you out of enemy territory and you can do open world pvp anywhere.

The part I havge highlighted in red actually makes sense and actually could be consider a reasonable if a little angry arguement. But then you throw your toys out the pram and call the game stupid and a big time fail. Why do this? Why can't people disucss problems with a game without calling it a faill before its even released. 

Why can't you say this game is stupid in MY OPINION and I will not buy it. Honestly. I stopped reading after the green sentence.

in YOUR OPINION you mean.

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by casual187
    People seem to forget that you can play PvE with other people aswell, Not only for PvP. And i smell puberty from all these Ragers.

lmao....

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    From hell

Daoc has oh at least 3 times the pve content of Aoc and even more so with tsw.

It also has working forts.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by casual187

+1

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Yes it is 3 times the content.

Look at tsw. Tsw let's you pve everywhere. Tsw let's you group together in pve.

Tsw has 3 pve zones.
    TESO has 9

I play TSW so don't talk crap.

TSW has 3 factions...just like TESO.

TSW has 3 zones...just like TESO.

TSW has 1 PVP zone...just like TESO.

TSW doesn't lock zome quests only story/faction quests....Nothing like TESO.

It is not 3 times the content if you can only access a 1/3 of it at a time.

• JostleJostle Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Regosichar

Why is this even an elder scrolls game?  would you play a single player elder scrolls game where you couldnt explore all content?

No, I wouldn't. Why? Is TESO going to be a single player game? I get your point, but there are a ton of things that work in MMOs and not single player games and vice versa. In the context of the game, insofar as I understand it from what we have seen, faction locking makes sense. With some minor tweaks I think it could really work well.

I do think a player should be able to decide to NOT participate in the war and go anywhere. There are plenty of people who only PvE and they're getting a raw deal here. I'm not one of those people, but I acknowledge there existence.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    From hell

Daoc has oh at least 3 times the pve content of Aoc and even more so with tsw.

It also has working forts.

AoC and TSW has 3 times the detail.

Originally posted by deakon

They are aiming for 150 hours gameplay to level cap, thats their aim, regardless of faction lock, the developers see 150 hours as their sweet spot, so we would get 150h per toon anyway regardless of wether or not we could explore all lands or not, except with this system we get 150h per faction

You know what, if they have opened up the areas, not put faction restrictions in place and put in 150h worth of quests into an open world rather then put 300h into 2 zones that will never be seen unless you roll an alt...they could have fixed the fucked up design.

Look tsw is a tiny tiny bloody game. Once you've leveled in it you don't want.to make an alt because it means ploughing through exactly the same content as before in a linear fashion

Daoc was massively bigger because it had separate pve for each faction (and it was less linear) it has like 8 to 10 times the pve content of the tiny tsw.

If funcom weren't strapped for cash, if funcom had the resources of zenimax.

And they went - I know let's make new England, Egypt and transylvania just for illuminati, let's add Ireland, Russia and Mexico for templars and let's add Japan, Australia and Germany for the dragons oh and while we are at it make fusang 20 times bigger and put towns and dungeons in it.

Would you play it, or would you whine about "only getting to see 1/3rd of the game on my main"
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by FromHell

Why factions anyway? In AoC I can level alternatively in Cimmeria, Stygia, Kithai, Aquilonia and pick up quests and things to do in ALL main cities, Khemi, Conrach Village and Old Tarantia.

http://www.ageofconan.com/world/locations

In TSW I can also go everywhere:

New England: Kingsmouth, Savage Coast, Blue Mountain

Egypt: Scorched Desert, City of the Sun God

Transsylvania: Besieged Farmlands, Shadowy Forest, Carpathian Fangs

Faction cities, London, Seoul, New York -> all accessible

WHY, for ANY reason does TESO restrict areas to factions? To sink more time into ALTS ??

I don´t want ALTS, I want to go everywhere with my main character.

This restrictive game design of faction location split sucked in SWTOR; and it will suck in TESO

You listed AoC, TSW not to mention countless other MMO's who have either gone the 2 faction PvP, or no Faction PvP.   Something thats been done todeath.

lets try 3 faction DAoC style RvR for a change....you know something thats not been done much (1 time).

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Jostle
    a player should be able to decide to NOT participate in the war and go anywhere. There are plenty of people who only PvE and they're getting a raw deal here. I'm not one of those people, but I acknowledge there existence.

That is where they fucked up. They removed one of the main features of a TES game, CHOICE. By doing so every other design 'feature' continually narrows down the options available.

If people could choose faction you could be any race. You could live anywhere. You could go anywhere. You could do anything. AND....you could STILL participate in 3 faction warfare in Cryodil if it was your CHOICE.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Some of my fondest MMO memories came from spontaneous, open-world PvP.   This is the ultimate in dynamic content and if done right will provide even the most hardcore players with plenty of enjoyment over the long term.

That being said, it continues to bum me out when I see devs rip that experience out of MMO's.   Look at Blizz, they are trying anything they can to rejuvenate world PvP because they know it was such a core part of the Vanilla WoW experience for many players.  

In Vanilla WoW, I was mostly into PvE but played on a PvP server because that's where my friends were.  In my opinion, this added so much more immersion and fun to even menial tasks for the simple fact that you could run into an enemy player at any time.  

I guess the voices of PvE players looking for a zero risk gameplay experience rang loudest which is probably why so many devs are focusing more on that type of environment.   

• DarrgenDarrgen Member UncommonPosts: 65
    I find it funny people are complaining about faction locked lands yet they are giving you 3 ELDER SCROLLS GAMES worth of lands to explore per faction plus they'll add more to each faction every expansion. Yes they are using the DaoC template for this but segregated lands and classes made DaoC one of the best games for community thus for in MMOs.  I'd prefer not to have whiners that complain about stuff like this in ESO anyways.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Tsw has 3 pve zones.
    TESO has 9

TSW sucks because it turns into a WoW clone at endgame.  Plus the PvP is horribad.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Regosichar

if an artificual structure is required to protect lowbs from gankers, let it simply be a feature that prevents pvp between characters who differ in level greater than 10...and then open after level 30 or whatever...

preventing full world exploration in an Elder Scroll chapter is stupid.   It will just be some other boring fantasy clone and you will all hate it in no more than 2 months of playing. 

There has never been an elder scrolls game where you can explore the whole of tamriel tho (well arena you could but it was mostly randomly generated), in this elder scrolls game you can explore more than one province so in reality its less restrictive than before

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

There is at least 3 posts on the first page mentioning how the OP wants to gank low lvl players in starter areas yet the OP never stated such a thing.

GG TROLRPG.com

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by Regosichar if an artificual structure is required to protect lowbs from gankers, let it simply be a feature that prevents pvp between characters who differ in level greater than 10...and then open after level 30 or whatever...   preventing full world exploration in an Elder Scroll chapter is stupid.   It will just be some other boring fantasy clone and you will all hate it in no more than 2 months of playing.    Why is this even an elder scrolls game?  would you play a single player elder scrolls game where you couldnt explore all content?
    There has never been an elder scrolls game where you can explore the whole of tamriel tho (well arena you could but it was mostly randomly generated), in this elder scrolls game you can explore more than one province so in reality its less restrictive than before

Lets come back to reality, Those elderscrolls games didnt have the content. This game HAS the content you just cant access it.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Look tsw is a tiny tiny bloody game. Once you've leveled in it you don't want.to make an alt because it means ploughing through exactly the same content as before in a linear fashion

Daoc was massively bigger because it had separate pve for each faction (and it was less linear) it has like 8 to 10 times the pve content of the tiny tsw.

If funcom weren't strapped for cash, if funcom had the resources of zenimax.

And they went - I know let's make new England, Egypt and transylvania just for illuminati, let's add Ireland, Russia and Mexico for templars and let's add Japan, Australia and Germany for the dragons oh and while we are at it make fusang 20 times bigger and put towns and dungeons in it.

Would you play it, or would you whine about "only getting to see 1/3rd of the game on my main"

1st point about making alts. If they hadn't locked factions then I could freely take my new alt and level up somewhere I hadn't been before. Faction locked zones mean that if I want to create an alt in the same I will have to repeate content.

2nd point. If Funcom had the money they would still NOT have restricterd factions because they know how dumb that would be. But they would have put in 3 times more content for EVERYONE.

3rd point. Seeing as there was no precident for TSW that is a tough question to answer. The problem is, TES is an established IP, with history, personal history and a lot of qualities it is known for. I probably might have played but part of the thing that attracted me to TSW was the freedom and lack of restrictions. So I moght not have.

Darrgen

I know.

Seems some of these guys are sandbox fans and they maybe have legitimate points.

Other seem to prefer wow clone games and are in horror thinking oh no they will divide my typical wow clone game world into 3 giving me less content (particularly if they come from small games like tsw, swtor, pre expansion rift and Aoc). What they don't realise is they still get their world to level in, but there's a whole extra 2 worlds out there if they ever make an alt. People are whining about having less content when in fact they are getting more.
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Tsw has 3 pve zones.
    TESO has 9

TSW sucks because it turns into a WoW clone at endgame.  Plus the PvP is horribad.

Nicely evaded...

This discussion has been closed.