Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Update 6 - Home Turf - Now Available

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that the latest update to DC Universe Online has been deployed. Called "Home Turf", the most notable addition to the game is the Lair system, basically player housing. Players will be able to customize their own lairs with items found or purchased in the game.

Along with the new Base system, Home Turf gives gamers access to new high end solo content, with new missions at four iconic locations: Stryker's Island, Arkham Asylum, Steelworks and Ace Chemicals. Each location boasts new exterior and interior content, instances and missions that breathe new action into the environments. These areas each offer players 10 missions to complete for 'Marks of War,' which they can use to purchase equipment, or convert to 'Marks of Triumph' in order to upgrade their Base Mainframe. 

Find out more on the DC Universe Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543
    Haven't really played much of DCUO lately but went in to have a look at home turf ( on account I ama moron and bought a lifetime )  anyhow, the "lair" you get is freaking huge,  kinda cool i must say

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    The new lair content is very nice. A lot of the decorations I've seen look to be high quality. Choosing a location to place your base is almost a mini-game of itself. The new solo content requires a Combat Rating of 70, fyi. Overall, this is a quality release.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    And you can't really use any of the lair's provided upgrades (e.g. Sidekick) unless you can spend MoTs which you get after hitting 30. So for my level 22 toon his liar is just kind of there with some power turned on collecting furniture drops.
  • drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by kirak2009
    Haven't really played much of DCUO lately but went in to have a look at home turf ( on account I ama moron and bought a lifetime )  anyhow, the "lair" you get is freaking huge,  kinda cool i must say

I'm right there with yah life time and get bored of it. I just popped in the game to see the lair and thought hmmm The CoH base was better (to bad i can't play that)

But on the other hand the mainframe things is cool. 

I'm still waiting for a powerset that is like might. Cause comeon how many DC Universe characters you see have might?

lots oh lots of them.

Not so much with ice fire or earth.

I'll start playing when they get better/different powersets.

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• KyBoKyBo Member UncommonPosts: 140

Honestly, hold off on playing this DLC if you haven't tried it out, and don't pay for it yet.  There are a number of issues with it that need addressed before it'll be worth sinking any money into.  The mainframe is nice, however, the costs for the abilities are ridiculous, because you "rent" the abilities.  The T4 abilities and mods cost over 3100 marks a piece every month.  If you don't grind up the marks, you lose the top level of abilities.  In a game that's already a bit of a grindfest, the last thing it needs is a system that requires a monthly grind.  Between this system and the and the way the new missions were set up, it's obvious that SOE's aim is to push up replay badge sales on the marketplace.