Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am pretty much bored now of GW2

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Pretty bored now of the game. Been grinding my alts to get to 30 so I can play around in dungeons. Only have my warrior there. Burnt out. But for one thing, I am very very berry ready for an expansion, with more cool skills for each class to use.

Also hope they add a dungeon for 1-30 level, so dont feel forced to grind levels to enjoy the dungeon experience that the game delivers.

Also perhaps new class to play as well could really spark an interest again.

Would also like new ways to play the game. Like the ablity to be a pilot of my own vehicle some how, and more minigames to play.

WvW is currently not fun when on a underpowered server. Its not fun in small groups. I fear the early feelings of large group is gone on my server now. Server pride the only thing keeping me from leaving like a coward.

But I really really would like a new Instance PvP game thats large scale 40+vs40+ equal sides and not server bound, but faction bound, so that any server can jump in and play together against other servers, with neat RvE features as well.

Structure PvP I have not played at all since beta, since I am not a fan of 5v5 PvP.

I would also like more things to do in the game world. More reasons to explore that isnt revolving around Vistas and Jumping Puzzles because they really get old after a while. How about a new more interesting reason to explore? New things to do other than constant kill events.

Also what about having Raid dungeons? This is something I would also really enjoy in this game. The Party dungeons been ok. But I like Large Scale gameplay. And the world Boss fights are just, well, put it like this,,, its the worst Boss battles I have ever experienced in a MMO before. No rudeness intended. But World Boss battles will never be as good as the fights in the instances are because of the limits of open world event's variables.

But the game does have very interesting ideas that kept me interested for a while. Some skills were boring, but have potential to be very interesting. Like Warrior's banners for example. lol.

Really like the art style of the game, and the animations are nice, and dont feel hampering like, aka Aion like...

I remember Anet saying that GW2 would have no grinding. Well they seem to have forgot that promise. I would like them to remove lot of the grinding in the game, and just make the reason to play, is to have fun. I no longer do heart quest because they are grindy and not fun. Although the grind to level becomes slower, its just not fun to continue to grind anymore for me in a MMO. Older days, yeah it was cool, but new mindset in a new age.

I look forward to what Anet does in an expansion for GW2, or even a new Fantasy MMO that they working on.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Pretty bored now of the game. Been grinding my alts to get to 30 so I can play around in dungeons. Only have my warrior there. Burnt out. But for one thing, I am very very berry ready for an expansion, with more cool skills for each class to use.

Also hope they add a dungeon for 1-30 level, so dont feel forced to grind levels to enjoy the dungeon experience that the game delivers.

Would also like new ways to play the game. Like the ablity to be a pilot of my own vehicle some how, and more minigames to play.

WvW is currently not fun when on a underpowered server. Its not fun in small groups. I fear the early feelings of large group is gone on my server now. Server pride the only thing keeping me from leaving like a coward.

But I really really would like a new Instance PvP game thats large scale 40+vs40+ equal sides and not server bound, but faction bound, so that any server can jump in and play together against other servers, with neat RvE features as well.

Structure PvP I have not played at all since beta, since I am not a fan of 5v5 PvP.

I would also like more things to do in the game world. More reasons to explore that isnt revolving around Vistas and Jumping Puzzles because they really get old after a while. How about a new more interesting reason to explore? New things to do other than constant kill events.

Also what about having Raid dungeons? This is something I would also really enjoy in this game. The Party dungeons been ok. But I like Large Scale gameplay. And the world Boss fights are just, well, put it like this,,, its the worst Boss battles I have ever experienced in a MMO before. No rudeness intended. But World Boss battles will never be as good as the fights in the instances are because of the limits of open world event's variables.

But the game does have very interesting ideas that kept me interested for a while. Some skills were boring, but have potential to be very interesting. Like Warrior's banners for example. lol.

Really like the art style of the game, and the animations are nice, and dont feel hampering like, aka Aion like...

I remember Anet saying that GW2 would have no grinding. Well they seem to have forgot that promise. I would like them to remove lot of the grinding in the game, and just make the reason to play, is to have fun. I no longer do heart quest because they are grindy and not fun. Although the grind to level becomes slower, its just not fun to continue to grind anymore for me in a MMO. Older days, yeah it was cool, but new mindset in a new age.

I look forward to what Anet does in an expansion for GW2, or even a new Fantasy MMO that they working on.

they did not say that and anyone who played GW1 would know how much of a grind ANET can put in a game.. they said you would not have to repeat content over and over and over like dungeons to get gear that was "needed" for you to play and enjoy most of all the game has to offer. Which is 100% true. They never said you wouldn't have ot repeat dungeons or other things to get things it just wouldn't be required to play most all the game..

WvW is great in small groups way more fun than zerging imho just need to find a good group:)

Oh lastly what are you "grinding" to get to 30? found that an odd statement or we just have a differn't definition of the term "grind"

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Just so you know, almost every game, and for that matter everything you do ( except for sex ) you will get bored of after a while. I face that boredom problem after 1 hour of playing most MMOs. Even after buying top of the line games that get so much hype I get bored. I have quit the search to find games to play because I know even if it is made out to be the greatest game on earth, I will get bored of it. This has led me to grow out of games.

I recently tried Path of Exile. I think is a great game but I haven't logged on in the last two days because I became bored of it. It is not the game, it is my fault. Its just something in my personality that cannot do that anymore. I don't berate people for playing games, but I don't know how people can play them. Maybe its just me.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    did anyone else notice he was bored leveling to level 30 to run dungeons but then wanted them to add raiding... really? smh
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    did anyone else notice he was bored leveling to level 30 to run dungeons but then wanted them to add raiding... really? smh

Raiding like Dungeons can be fun. doesnt need a level to lock the feature away. thats not fun.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Like everyone else he has a right to his own opinion even if he is just winging it!

Grind or repetitveness is in any game you play!

I just finished up level my 6th 80. I'm loving how accesible it is to jump on random professions for running dungeons and WvW, I can't get enough!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

Like everyone else he has a right to his own opinion even if he is just winging it!

I just finished up level my 6th 80. I'm loving how accesible it is to jump on random professions for running dungeons and WvW, I can't get enough!

very true.. guess when i think of grind i flash back to games like lineage 2 where you got .0001% xp to next level from even level mobs.. played plenty of those back in the day.. GW2 has so many ways to level you really need to make it a grind... i get tired of one thing i move to another.. everything gives decent XP:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    This guy has been bashing GW2 and other MMOs in almost every thread, why the hell are you even answering to him? He propably doesnt even have the game...... He is just seeking attention which he does not deserve.
    Originally posted by Grotar89
    This guy has been bashing GW2 and other MMOs in almost every thread, why the hell are you even answering to him? He propably doesnt even have the game...... He is just seeking attention which he does not deserve.

i thought he did make a very similar post to this months ago.. could be wrong though..

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

6th?????

Thats pretty impressive.  Im levelingmy 3rd as we speak.  I probably wont be leveling a fourth.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    After a while, in any game repeating the same tasks loses it's appeal, but I have enjoyed GW2 more than most for this because the classes play so much different.  I have a ele, war, thief at 80, and I'm currently working on a necro and guardian.  I was hoping that I'd see an expansion pack before I start on any other toons.  If its not coming out soon, I might have to suppliment with an alternate game for the interim.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    user's post history says it all.  it's insulting he thought he could be taken seriously without making an alt.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

i thought he did make a very similar post to this months ago.. could be wrong though..

your memory is weak. him along with bcbully spent a few solid weeks bashing YOU because you liked the game.

Originally posted by eyelolled
    After a while, in any game repeating the same tasks loses it's appeal, but I have enjoyed GW2 more than most for this because the classes play so much different.  I have a ele, war, thief at 80, and I'm currently working on a necro and guardian.  I was hoping that I'd see an expansion pack before I start on any other toons.  If its not coming out soon, I might have to suppliment with an alternate game for the interim.

i never only play a single game.. i supplement with my PS3 games and generally play two mmos at same time but now only GW2 has kept my attention.. but looks like lots coming this year so ill have plenty others to try/play

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

QFT.

I really wish people would stop blaming the game for things that are their own responsibility. GW2 has quite a lot of issues, not gunna lie, but the 'grind' to 30 is such a laughable concept. For example, here are 3 ways you can easy get to 30 in a day:

1) Standard questing (don't forget personal story, as these are each fairly sizable chunks of exp), while gathering absolutely everything you can see (each node gives you a chunk of exp).

2) Hop into WvW and start capping objectives. You're server doesn't even have to be taking keeps / towers constantly. Kill dolyaks, run supply, capture camps, do the quaggans, etc. The big caviat when it comes to WvW is you HAVE TO be capturing objectives regularly, else your experience gain takes a nose dive.

3) Craft. Crafting is quick, easy, and there are numerous guides on how to craft efficiently. 3 crafting professions 1-400 will get you to 30. If you don't want to pay for the higher-tier items (kicks in ~350+), simply work on a 4th crafting profession.

I've got seven 80s, and a lvl 30 ranger in GW2 atm. Most of those alts I got to ~30-35 via crafting. The remaining ~50 lvls I did via dungeons (mostly AC). It's fast, it's easy, and you'll be surprised by how much gold & tokens you've acrued by the time you hit 80 (usually more than enough for a full set of exotics).

I definitely would love them to add more content (dungeons, skills, pvp modes/ maps), and there's a whole list of things I wish they'd change / have done differently, but this is still one of the most accessible MMOs ever made. Unless you are going for a legendary, or top-tier fractals, there really isn't much grinding to complain about realistically.

• Originally posted by MMOExposed

I hope you can write about numbers>individual skills in GW2, MMOExposed, because then you would get the truth out about how you play a game correctly.

• KingPinoyKingPinoy Member Posts: 55
    Grinding to lvl 30? Wat? How?
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Haven´t read his other posts, perhaps he has been only bashing MMOs which deserve it? Some titles come to my mind... 

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by apb2011

Just so you know, almost every game, and for that matter everything you do ( except for sex ) you will get bored of after a while. I face that boredom problem after 1 hour of playing most MMOs. Even after buying top of the line games that get so much hype I get bored. I have quit the search to find games to play because I know even if it is made out to be the greatest game on earth, I will get bored of it. This has led me to grow out of games.

I recently tried Path of Exile. I think is a great game but I haven't logged on in the last two days because I became bored of it. It is not the game, it is my fault. Its just something in my personality that cannot do that anymore. I don't berate people for playing games, but I don't know how people can play them. Maybe its just me.

You get tired of sex as well, at least with the same partner, if you do it all the time.

It is a biological thing.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I'm bored too, with troll post like this from people who probably never even played the game. GW2 is a fun accessible game that also allows for a real life. Leveling my 2nd character and enjoying the experience even more than the first time. GL OP
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I heard a quote from Colin from gamebreaker tv and he pretty much said "We know there's not enough content to do right now and we're working on it"

I want to play gw2 but there just isn't enough content to do. I am getting back into fractals but beyond that there's no "Underworld" or "Fissure of Woe" type area. 

A second large glaring hole is guild vs guild. There was a sense of pride for individual guilds and not just server pride. 

I think they are on their wishlists after making the open world a ton better and working on more UI stuff and skill fixing. 

They have a long list to fill and enough tools to do it. It's just gonna take a substantial amount of time before everything feels just right. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Welcome to three months ago, OP

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    We all get bored sooner or later, there is no reason to post it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

they did not say that and anyone who played GW1 would know how much of a grind ANET can put in a game.. they said you would not have to repeat content over and over and over like dungeons to get gear that was "needed" for you to play and enjoy most of all the game has to offer. Which is 100% true. They never said you wouldn't have ot repeat dungeons or other things to get things it just wouldn't be required to play most all the game..

WvW is great in small groups way more fun than zerging imho just need to find a good group:)

Oh lastly what are you "grinding" to get to 30? found that an odd statement or we just have a differn't definition of the term "grind"

Aerowyn I have to say this time you're wrong. The game is no longer what it was when it first launched. Sure it was like the way you described in the beginning for the first two months, but ever since Nov it's not been the same. You see they used the excuse of bots to implement the breaking of loot in the open world, and to implement DR a well known mechanic that's caused so much contraversy in the past in other companies that have used it that those other companies have lost so many players they had to shut themselves down do to lack of revenue.

The first month one could do anything one wanted to in order to get geared to at the time the max was Exotic gear. One could craft exotics because rares were ample enough as drops in dragon events and meta events where one had to destroy armies of undead. But before they added Ascended gear they decided it would be a good idea to make loot almost impossible to get in the open world (as opposed to dungeons)

Jan 28th was hoped to be the patch where they'd finally listened to the fanbase and fixed the loot issues, that did not happen. Instead of fixing problems like using a double RNG for T6 mats for example, they decided to add yet another RNG bag to the store for the new laurel system. Instead of fixing the loot from Veterans and Champions they decided to increase it only slightly enough to get greens.

The game is still a grind. Right now if the game remained unchanged for the rest of the games life, one would have to spend 10 - 16 months to grind out enough laurels to get the ascended gear to gear up 1 toon. And God help you if you have Alts. Especially if you want to gear those alts. 

Ascended gear gives advantages in both WvW and in the Fotm style dungeons which means that if you want to see the next content, you need to make sure you are as geared as possible (the next content in dungeons) and you need to make sure you have the resistance to agony, which means you HAVE to have the gear you need to progress. I'm sorry to say my friend that the days of the freedom of choice in progression in GW2 are over, someone's gotten ahold of the steering wheel and turned the dials towards greed.

Originally posted by itgrowls

Pretty bored now of the game. Been grinding my alts to get to 30 so I can play around in dungeons. Only have my warrior there. Burnt out. But for one thing, I am very very berry ready for an expansion, with more cool skills for each class to use. Also hope they add a dungeon for 1-30 level, so dont feel forced to grind levels to enjoy the dungeon experience that the game delivers. Also perhaps new class to play as well could really spark an interest again. Would also like new ways to play the game. Like the ablity to be a pilot of my own vehicle some how, and more minigames to play. WvW is currently not fun when on a underpowered server. Its not fun in small groups. I fear the early feelings of large group is gone on my server now. Server pride the only thing keeping me from leaving like a coward. But I really really would like a new Instance PvP game thats large scale 40+vs40+ equal sides and not server bound, but faction bound, so that any server can jump in and play together against other servers, with neat RvE features as well. Structure PvP I have not played at all since beta, since I am not a fan of 5v5 PvP. I would also like more things to do in the game world. More reasons to explore that isnt revolving around Vistas and Jumping Puzzles because they really get old after a while. How about a new more interesting reason to explore? New things to do other than constant kill events. Also what about having Raid dungeons? This is something I would also really enjoy in this game. The Party dungeons been ok. But I like Large Scale gameplay. And the world Boss fights are just, well, put it like this,,, its the worst Boss battles I have ever experienced in a MMO before. No rudeness intended. But World Boss battles will never be as good as the fights in the instances are because of the limits of open world event's variables.   But the game does have very interesting ideas that kept me interested for a while. Some skills were boring, but have potential to be very interesting. Like Warrior's banners for example. lol. Really like the art style of the game, and the animations are nice, and dont feel hampering like, aka Aion like... I remember Anet saying that GW2 would have no grinding. Well they seem to have forgot that promise. I would like them to remove lot of the grinding in the game, and just make the reason to play, is to have fun. I no longer do heart quest because they are grindy and not fun. Although the grind to level becomes slower, its just not fun to continue to grind anymore for me in a MMO. Older days, yeah it was cool, but new mindset in a new age.   I look forward to what Anet does in an expansion for GW2, or even a new Fantasy MMO that they working on.

Aerowyn I have to say this time you're wrong. The game is no longer what it was when it first launched. Sure it was like the way you described in the beginning for the first two months, but ever since Nov it's not been the same. You see they used the excuse of bots to implement the breaking of loot in the open world, and to implement DR a well known mechanic that's caused so much contraversy in the past in other companies that have used it that those other companies have lost so many players they had to shut themselves down do to lack of revenue.

The first month one could do anything one wanted to in order to get geared to at the time the max was Exotic gear. One could craft exotics because rares were ample enough as drops in dragon events and meta events where one had to destroy armies of undead. But before they added Ascended gear they decided it would be a good idea to make loot almost impossible to get in the open world (as opposed to dungeons)

Jan 28th was hoped to be the patch where they'd finally listened to the fanbase and fixed the loot issues, that did not happen. Instead of fixing problems like using a double RNG for T6 mats for example, they decided to add yet another RNG bag to the store for the new laurel system. Instead of fixing the loot from Veterans and Champions they decided to increase it only slightly enough to get greens.

The game is still a grind. Right now if the game remained unchanged for the rest of the games life, one would have to spend 10 - 16 months to grind out enough laurels to get the ascended gear to gear up 1 toon. And God help you if you have Alts. Especially if you want to gear those alts. 

Ascended gear gives advantages in both WvW and in the Fotm style dungeons which means that if you want to see the next content, you need to make sure you are as geared as possible (the next content in dungeons) and you need to make sure you have the resistance to agony, which means you HAVE to have the gear you need to progress. I'm sorry to say my friend that the days of the freedom of choice in progression in GW2 are over, someone's gotten ahold of the steering wheel and turned the dials towards greed.

I have noticed nothing different in the game since fractals was added aside from people asking for groups for fractals in LA.. the gear disperity is so small for WvW you don't even notice... honestly it feels like its an entitlement thing and people feel entitled to get ascended gear same ways as exotic... for me I sit back look at the game and how it effects my play and my friends and have had no ill effects from ascended gear..no people running rampid in wvw oneshotting people no people ruining my gaming experience AND a lot love fractals and working for that gear..I see it as a win win.. but that's maybe just me and everyone I know in game

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I'm an agreement, the ascendant gear is a nice aside to work towards but unlike other games I don't need it to be competitive in pvp or pve.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D