Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what's been some of the new feature that has you interested the most?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Gods, so hard to pick 'favorites'. Not all new or first in AA, but done refreshingly. 

-Planting crops, both on land and underwater to insure resource availability

-Viable and necessary crafting system as more than just a tacked on mess

-PvP with a reason beyond just 'cuz. Sieges, Trade Piracy for two favorites.

-More Class/Skill combos than can be realistically counted, not all viable I am sure.

All in a large, explorable world, dive the seas for treasure, climb a mountain and glide down, find hidden POI's, travel the world on a mount you raised and trained yourself with a pet at your side you also raised and trained.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer

Gods, so hard to pick 'favorites'. Not all new or first in AA, but done refreshingly. 

-Planting crops, both on land and underwater to insure resource availability

-Viable and necessary crafting system as more than just a tacked on mess

-PvP with a reason beyond just 'cuz. Sieges, Trade Piracy for two favorites.

-More Class/Skill combos than can be realistically counted, not all viable I am sure.

All in a large, explorable world, dive the seas for treasure, climb a mountain and glide down, find hidden POI's, travel the world on a mount you raised and trained yourself with a pet at your side you also raised and trained.

That sounds nice actually

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Concerned about the FfA this game has. How will it work?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I look forward to having my own plot of land, building boats and going exploring at sea. Two things I haven't had in an MMO in a long time, will be very refreshing. The last few MMOs I played, par GW2, actually didn't even allow underwater swimming.

I don't look forward to the linear questing up until the sandbox elements though, but i'm sure I can level through crafting or something anyways instead.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Beyond a slew of wonderful features - I'm mostly looking forward to having a REASON to stay in the game after reaching level cap. I'm so sick and tired of there being nothing but endless cyclical themepark rides to upgrade my gear (or in GW2 - the appearance of my gear). I want a real reason to stay in the game and that's something ArcheAge looks to provide in spades.

I'm talking about a meaningful economy, an elaborate crafting/housing system, PvP with meaning and consequences, and stuff like that. Something that makes it feel like an alternate reality - which is why I got excited about the genre in the first place, with Ultima Online. The concept of roleplaying and doing things that you can never do in reality - whilst having meaning and consequences.

That sounds like a sandbox, but the difference between ArcheAge and a sandbox is that they have the budget to make the whole thing worthwhile and to make it stable and reasonably balanced, if they want to. Usually, sandboxes are made on a tiny budget and you have to sacrifice so much for that kind of feature-set. Also, it's a hybrid themepark/sandbox which - in theory - should lure a lot more players into trying it. You need that themepark experience to get the amount of players required for a large playerbase and perpetual development.

Now, there are no guarentees - and ArcheAge might fail miserably. But from what I've seen - it's definitely the most promising MMO in many, many years.

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    - grindig (killing many so many mobs to get next level)
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Exploration and planting trees!  Thats what i want to do!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Concerned about the FfA this game has. How will it work?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/375505/Some-more-information-about-Archeage-Prison-system.html

This sums it up pretty well

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

The only system they have that is unique, new and intriguing is the criminal/prison system

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Crafting/planting

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Saw a video the other day, Apparently they simplified class creation/options is there any truth to this?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    1v1 arena
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Nitth

Saw a video the other day, Apparently they simplified class creation/options is there any truth to this?

Simplify? To a degree. Still the same complexity, they just don't thor it at you all at once.

There are 10 skill schools each with 11 active and 5 passive skills. The active skills are unlocked coresponding to the schools skill level.  The passives unlock based on points spent in the school.

At level 1 you choose your first skill school, they off 4 basic ones as starters, but you are allowed to choose from all if you wish.

At level 5 you pick a second school to complement your first.

At level 10 you pick the third school.

Also after level 10 for a fee you can reset 1 or more of your skill schools. The new school will need to be levelled up to match your current character level which only happens for doing XP content, or you could be stuck as a L50 character with L1 skills.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    What I am looking forward to most, is a MMORPG that is not (just) about the end game,  but about  the journey as well.

• DartimienDartimien Member Posts: 3
    The entire idea of the third continent. An entire realm dedicated to player created content within the confines of a somewhat similar combat system to older MMOs. I cant imagine a more awesome concept XD
  • PinturicchioPinturicchio Member UncommonPosts: 36

-Housing

-Its a god damn sandobx!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

They're not new features but...

I'm looking forward to living on pirate island.

I also want to see the prisons.  I'll pretend I'm Papillon.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Player CREATED factions whenever that gets implemented

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    I was very impressed with the animation of this game. Imo the combat is stale, wowish, done to death. Whatever you want to call it. I'll be keeping an eye on this one though.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

The only thing this game brings to the table for me personally is siege combat. There hasn't been any good siege combat since DAoC/Shadowbane.

Possibly dungeons or good 1 group content, but that doesnt seem to be this games focus

The rest I could really care less about.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• hellokittypink17hellokittypink17 Member Posts: 5
    There are a lot but the features that got me interested are:

Owning your own property (Land, Farm, House) and be able to design and construct them on your own.

The naval battle (I saw a video about the kraken attack)

Hanglider and lastly,

the court part. :)