Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Will Fail Big Time! Idiot Devs Have No Idea

Comments

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by fs23otm

People who are whining like the OP are people who never played DAoC.

Faction lock makes PVP better. Simple as that. 

ESO is a PVP game with some PVE. When you look at it from that perspective, the faction lock only stops lowbie gankers and funnel everyone into Cyrodiil which is a REALLY good thing.

Well that is a huge part of the problem.

The hired a PvP dude to design the online version of probably the biggest single player RPG franchise which has always been about exploration and PvE goodness.

Faction locks do not make PvE better. Simple as that.

ESO is badly designed it it is a PvP game first and a PvE game second. And why does there need to be any lowbie ganking anywhere? Cryodil is the PvP location. If you want to PvP that is where you go. PvP outside Cryodil doesn't need have to be switched on at all. Open world exploration does not require open world PvP.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

He has a point about faction locks but the rest is meh.I would like to be free to have an open world without restrictions outside of the PvP hub and have no desire to attack other players in the open world. But to restrict movement completely just so PvP works (when faction locks are not even needed really) is just a really bad idea. Open the lands,let us explore, disable PvP outside Cryodil....

I agree. Another MMO choosing to cut content. There is really no way they will be able to keep up enough content for PvE as this appears to be dev content driven. Cutting their work in half doesnt sound like a good idea unless this game is going to be entirely PvP focused like daoc.

I suppose this game may be nice for daoc vets. Im starting to think they really arent aiming pve exploration types.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Imperator101

They emphasised exploration so much in their gameplay presentation yet they are going to lock you out of the enemy factions territory, what a contradiction form a bunch of fools making this game. All pvp is limited to Cyrodiil so you can kiss true open world pvp throughout the entire world goodbye. What kind of idiot would lock you out of the rest of the game? Who the hell wants to make a new character just to see more of the game? A lot of people have a sense of loyalty to their faction, this game is very stupid and will fail big time if they limit pvp to Cryodiil and lock you out of enemy factions. There may be no quests in enemy faction zones but you can still do dungeons in their zones and fight new NPC enemies.

I hope this game bombs big time and is eventually closed down or goes free to play quickly, this is like a handicapped MMORPG, I would rather play WoW since it does not lock you out of enemy territory and you can do open world pvp anywhere.

Yet another poor sport who doesn't understand DAoC style RvR combat.  Leave this now good day!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Mardukk

He has a point about faction locks but the rest is meh.

I would like to be free to have an open world without restrictions outside of the PvP hub and have no desire to attack other players in the open world. But to restrict movement completely just so PvP works (when faction locks are not even needed really) is just a really bad idea.

Open the lands,let us explore, disable PvP outside Cryodil....

I agree. Another MMO choosing to cut content. There is really no way they will be able to keep up enough content for PvE as this appears to be dev content driven. Cutting their work in half doesnt sound like a good idea unless this game is going to be entirely PvP focused like daoc. I suppose this game may be nice for daoc vets. Im starting to think they really arent aiming pve exploration types.

Seeing as there are 3 and (Daggerfall) 4 (Ebonheart & Aldmeri) zones per side, across the vast continent of Tamriel, something tells me theres going to be enough exploration to keep the explorers happy.  I should know I am one of them.

Ohh BTW why did you not bitch this much when Skyrim limeted your exploration to Skyrim.

GODDAMN THE DEVELOPERS FOR NOT OPENING UP ALL OF TAMRIEL WHEN THEY RELEASED SKYRIM.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Look at it this way.

With TESO you are getting 3 games for the price of one.

Other recent games have tried to do an rvr type system for pvp on the cheap.

For example in tsw they let everyone group together in pve but not in pvp, this is to SAVE MONEY. By doing this they only have to make 1/3rd of the pve content of ganesh like TESO and DAOC.

It's the same with gw2, they've gone with putting 3 servers together, as its cheaper to make, they don't need as much pve content.

With TESO you are getting more pve content, because they have to make 3 times as much

ESO is a PVP game with some PVE. When you look at it from that perspective, the faction lock only stops lowbie gankers and funnel everyone into Cyrodiil which is a REALLY good thing.

The hired a PvP dude to design the online version of probably the biggest single player RPG franchise which has always been about exploration and PvE goodness.

ESO is badly designed it it is a PvP game first and a PvE game second. And why does there need to be any lowbie ganking anywhere? Cryodil is the PvP location. If you want to PvP that is where you go. PvP outside Cryodil doesn't need have to be switched on at all. Open world exploration does not require open world PvP.

DO YOU KNOW HOW IDIOTIC IT SOUNDS TO BE ABLE TO RUN AROUND ANOTHERS HOME AREA WITH IMPUNITY?

Originally posted by Mardukk
    Im starting to think they really arent aiming pve exploration types.

Yeah, blows my mind someone sat down with a huge budget and said "here take this massive single player IP known for the PvE, questing, freedom and exploration, go make a PvP game, that will make money"...

Originally posted by azzamasin

DO YOU KNOW HOW IDIOTIC IT SOUNDS TO BE ABLE TO RUN AROUND ANOTHERS HOME AREA WITH IMPUNITY?

Any more idiotic then faction locking race and removing world exloration in a TES game.....stop shouting and stfu

• MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169

I wish they where not locking you out of other zones.  I think they could make it so only the person who goes unto a different zone is flagged, and if anyone wants to do PVP with them they can ... 

Dont get me wrong, i love open world PVP, but i dont think this game is made for that, so to please everyone, let people go into diff zones if they are the only one being flagged .. then PVP in that zone would be consentual.

• AzlanoAzlano Member Posts: 1

I liked DAoC and the way it was setup. I actually  miss playing that type of game. One thing to note is the DAoC opened up some Open PVP worlds after some complaints from the community. So there is always the thought that they remove the restriction and create PVP worlds.

Just sit back and relax and watch the game unfold. some things may change and some may not. Only time will tell.

• MiklosanMiklosan Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by JeroKane

So you are pissed off, because you cannot gank newbies in starter zones? lol.

Cry more!

Are you stupid? Or are you just pretending to be?

I can log in to WoW for example, there are other mmo aswell and take my high lvl character to the enemy starting zone and spend the next 12-15 hours there and try to kill without succeding. Why??

Because ...they ... are ... NOT ... flagged ... for ... PVP

Exploration is one thing, ganking lowlvl's is another thing. They could simply A; have two kind of servers or B; have a flagsystem OR WHATEVER so that you never can be ganked by an enemy highlvl player! Simple is that!

But launching a big MMO in 2013 (2014?) and restrict players to 1/3 of the world and force them to roll a character ON THE OTHER FACTION(Jesus!!)  if they wanna explore is beyond stupidity!

They aren't restricting players to 1/3 of the content. They are making 3 times the pve content.

Think about it, if they didnt have separate pve areas and let everyone go everywhere, the game would be smaller, there would be no need for all those pve zones, they could just make the game with skyrim, morrowind and high rock for pve and save money by not having duplicate zones.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by JeroKane

So you are pissed off, because you cannot gank newbies in starter zones? lol.

Cry more!

QFE x 25

Game is going to be great can't wait.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Look at it this way.

With TESO you are getting 3 games for the price of one.

Other recent games have tried to do an rvr type system for pvp on the cheap.

For example in tsw they let everyone group together in pve but not in pvp, this is to SAVE MONEY. By doing this they only have to make 1/3rd of the pve content of ganesh like TESO and DAOC.

It's the same with gw2, they've gone with putting 3 servers together, as its cheaper to make, they don't need as much pve content.

With TESO you are getting more pve content, because they have to make 3 times as much

Ill believe they made 3x the pve content of say...gw2, when I see it.
    They aren't restricting players to 1/3 of the content. They are making 3 times the pve content.

Think about it, if they didnt have separate pve areas and let everyone go everywhere, the game would be smaller, there would be no need for all those pve zones, they could just make the game with skyrim, morrowind and high rock for pve and save money by not having duplicate zones.

There is NOT 3 times the content.

For example....

With factions....

50 quests in faction 1

50 quests in faction 2

50 quests in faction 3

150 quests total.

Without factions...

150 quests total

There are some really numerically and logically stunted people on this site....

Yes it is 3 times the content.

Look at tsw. Tsw let's you pve everywhere. Tsw let's you group together in pve.

Tsw has 3 pve zones.
    TESO has 9
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Don't give hate a chance bro!

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

Marduk
    Gw2 has less pve content than daoc.
    Mael
    No, if they hadn't gone with factions it would be 50 quests total, that would be enough to level,. why waste money making the other 100?

And then if you got to endgame and decided to make another character it would be the same 50 quests all over. With daoc if you made an alt you got a whole another pve leveling experience. Daoc was a very big game in terms if leveling content, no crossover meant each faction had to have their own entire pve world. Imagine you are playing a game like rift, then you make an alt of another faction and you get an entire new landmarss to explore, not just a new starter zone, then you make a 3rd char and get yet another landmass to explore. Separating the pve means MORE pve.

For an example of how the game would have turned out with various people here's design plans see the secret world.
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I hope this game bombs big time and is eventually closed down or goes free to play quickl........

I have no intention of playing this game, but I hope it succeeds and has a long shelf life. :)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Why factions anyway? In AoC I can level alternatively in Cimmeria, Stygia, Kithai, Aquilonia and pick up quests and things to do in ALL main cities, Khemi, Conrach Village and Old Tarantia.

http://www.ageofconan.com/world/locations

In TSW I can also go everywhere:

New England: Kingsmouth, Savage Coast, Blue Mountain

Egypt: Scorched Desert, City of the Sun God

Transsylvania: Besieged Farmlands, Shadowy Forest, Carpathian Fangs

Faction cities, London, Seoul, New York -> all accessible

WHY, for ANY reason does TESO restrict areas to factions? To sink more time into ALTS ??

I don´t want ALTS, I want to go everywhere with my main character.

This restrictive game design of faction location split sucked in SWTOR; and it will suck in TESO

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

Let's be fair shall we...

... you are right about the limitations of where players can go.

You are wrong about open world PvP - it is never designed properly and thus encourages and facilitates 'pond scum' players to gank and ruin other people's game-play.

However, you could have made your first point on an established thread, and your second point is a non-starter which has been debated to death for over a decade already...

I agree with you to an extent about world PvP.  Personally I think they should've had a non-racial war with an open world for everyone to explore.  People could manually flag themselves for "faction wPvP" or "FFA wPvP" but if you don't flag yourself then you can not attack or be attacked by other players.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

There is NOT 3 times the content.

For example....

With factions....

50 quests in faction 1

50 quests in faction 2

50 quests in faction 3

150 quests total.

Without factions...

150 quests total

There are some really numerically and logically stunted people on this site....

They are aiming for 150 hours gameplay to level cap, thats their aim, regardless of faction lock, the developers see 150 hours as their sweet spot, so we would get 150h per toon anyway regardless of wether or not we could explore all lands or not, except with this system we get 150h per faction

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142

They emphasised exploration so much in their gameplay presentation yet they are going to lock you out of the enemy factions territory, what a contradiction form a bunch of fools making this game. All pvp is limited to Cyrodiil so you can kiss true open world pvp throughout the entire world goodbye. What kind of idiot would lock you out of the rest of the game? Who the hell wants to make a new character just to see more of the game? A lot of people have a sense of loyalty to their faction, this game is very stupid and will fail big time if they limit pvp to Cryodiil and lock you out of enemy factions. There may be no quests in enemy faction zones but you can still do dungeons in their zones and fight new NPC enemies.

I hope this game bombs big time and is eventually closed down or goes free to play quickly, this is like a handicapped MMORPG, I would rather play WoW since it does not lock you out of enemy territory and you can do open world pvp anywhere.

The part I havge highlighted in red actually makes sense and actually could be consider a reasonable if a little angry arguement. But then you throw your toys out the pram and call the game stupid and a big time fail. Why do this? Why can't people disucss problems with a game without calling it a faill before its even released. 

Why can't you say this game is stupid in MY OPINION and I will not buy it. Honestly. I stopped reading after the green sentence.

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

Fromhell

I can tell you why tsw and Aoc don't do it.

TO SAVE MONEY

tsw is a tiny game
This discussion has been closed.