Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has faction lock made u lose intrest?

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by ikarrian
    And you've seen the areas?

My thoughts exactly, hehe. I like seeing people whine about things they haven't even seen or experienced.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Grunch
    People need to realize this game is going to be more of a DAoC 2 then Elder Scrolls. To me this is very good because DAoC was awesome and I can't wait for ESO to release.

Exactly.

Hate on, haters. There will always be Archeage for you. But dont worry, i for one wont miss you in TESO :)

The Elder Scrolls Online.

Say it again then ask yourself, is calling someone who loves The Elder Scrolls series of games a hater because the game is more DAOC2 then TES really your level of social skills and intellect?

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Grunch
    People need to realize this game is going to be more of a DAoC 2 then Elder Scrolls. To me this is very good because DAoC was awesome and I can't wait for ESO to release.

Exactly.

Hate on, haters. There will always be Archeage for you. But dont worry, i for one wont miss you in TESO :)

This too, I still play DAoC off and on. Can't wait for TESO.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Originally posted by cura
    Nope. Lack of open world pvp, housing and sand box features did.

Cyrodill is open and housing is first priority on the list after release.  Sandboxes suck ass and are a niche sub-genre.

As to answer the OP's question.........HELL YES.  I get the following:
    • Spiritual Successor to DAoC.  The best PvP game of all time
    • Open world exploration across vast swathes of Tamriel
    • open ended class bas system that lets me wear any armor and wiled any weapon I want plus I get to customize my skills and pick and choose which skills suit me more.
    • A return to non-Instanced dungeons

YOu dont help your cause when you say "Sandboxes suck ass" Makes you look like a wow kiddie.

So the umpteen million threads on these forums dissing & bad mouthing themeparks are ok but one person who hates sandboxs say soemthing and you call them out on it.  Novel approach.......and its the reason I included it in my post, showing the hypocrocy of people is a a goal of mine every day.

I never said thos threads are OK. But you arnt helping this so called "feud". 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

The only think TESO has going for it is its RVR if that sucks hard then its gonan crash and burn.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Nope. Lack of open world pvp, housing and sand box features did.

Cyrodill is open and housing is first priority on the list after release.  Sandboxes suck ass and are a niche sub-genre.

As to answer the OP's question.........HELL YES.  I get the following:
    • Spiritual Successor to DAoC.  The best PvP game of all time
    • Open world exploration across vast swathes of Tamriel
    • open ended class bas system that lets me wear any armor and wiled any weapon I want plus I get to customize my skills and pick and choose which skills suit me more.
    • A return to non-Instanced dungeons

Cyrodill is closed area, there are no details on how they want to implement housing and themeparks are for low intelligence masses. See what i did here?

Cyodill is a zone jsut as much as Skyrim is a zone.  Hence it is an open area.  You're thinking of seemless versus zoning and it has no bearing on whether or not its open or instanced.

I know what is difference between zoned and simless world and i dont care if game is one or another. But if there is only one zone to pvp you cant say its open world pvp. What bothers me is i would not have my favourite random pvp during leveling. I couldnt care less about zerging in Cyrodill. Its boring.

Thats like me getting to call the sky Periwinkle when it's obviously blue grey.  You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

Huge difference between Open and Instanced.  Zoned and seemless.  Cyrodill is an Open World Zone and sense PvP takes place in it then by definition it is open world PvP.  Theres only Open and instanced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    And i dont care as long as i like the game, Hard enough to find a proper game to enjoy these days. If the game feels alot like DAoC, and i'm loving it. Then i'm very fine about that, There will always be expansions. But many here cant see outside their goldfish bowl.
    The only think TESO has going for it is its RVR if that sucks hard then its gonan crash and burn.

I am not even interested in the RvR because my tastes have grown and I have become more of a one trick pony in my old age.  I am really interested in the Exploration centric gameplay and open public dungeons.  Im hoping it offeres more support on thsoe fronts then GW2 did.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    People are looking at this the wrong way.

If they hadn't gone with a daoc style design the GAME WOULD BE SMALLER

There would be no need for all those pve zones if everyone shared them, if you could pve everywhere they could get away with only having 1/3rd of tamriel in game to SAVE MONEY. You would get tsw.
    Originally posted by Dantae87

i for one am leening to yes, now not lost 100% , i will give the game a shot but right off the bat 75% intrest is lost due to this flaw....i do not see a intrest in a game where i cannot explore the world and am limited to a set area, in wich is brutally unrealistic. They have taken a HUGE aspect of what a MMO is by removing world exploration...for a company that said this game is focused on exploration this is the wrong direction. I would like to write my story the way i want it to be written, not locked to one place like "John lived in Daggerfall and never seen the outter world cuz it wasnt allowed..." cuz that sounds like a epic story alright....

ArcheAge cant get here fast enough....hope ESO dosnt kill off the Elder Scrolls series like how blizzard did to the Warcraft series because of WoW suscess...

P.S No im no ta noob ganker wolrd PvP lover...i just liked how WoW did it but dont liek WoW...so dont tell me to go back to WoW cuz it sucks now...

this guy explains my view exactly...watch it and see where us kind of ppl come from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCmveOvYXzo

This guy offers a good suggestion on what could have been done to address this issue at 2:40 in his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZxZH1L4eAw

LOL the first video wants to compare the game to WoW instead of comparing it to DAoC.  The 2nd video the game isa sandbox fan.

Quit watching both after I discovered both those caveats and their opinions are instantly void in my book.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    OP ...I could not agree with you less.This game is not about  you and your playstyle. It has WAR as one of the major focus.WAR means the three factions don't like each other....period.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

There would be no need for all those pve zones if everyone shared them, if you could pve everywhere they could get away with only having 1/3rd of tamriel in game to SAVE MONEY. You would get tsw.

Not only this Shaky we would have the same exact MMO thats been released every year for the last 8 years.  I wonder how many of these posts rail against Clones when they sit here in every thread about ESO asking for the game to be more clone like.  This truely boggles my mind.

This isnt WoW 2.0, UO 2.0, SWG 2.0 (THANK GOD)

This is Spart...........err this is DAoC 2.0.  You know that higly acclaimed MMO thats never been copied in the same way as the original.  Call me insane but I'll take an MMO thats cloned off something thats been done one other time over something thats been done 4-7 times per year.

If you want your sandbox.......go to ArcheAge its prolly gonna get released the same time as ESO will be by all estimations.

If you want your Open World FFA PvP play DF:UW when it releases in a few months.

For the rest of us who want the spiritual successor to DAoC lets keep the hype going.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    cant w8 to see the argonian "greasyscalepennis" crowned emperor of the ramdom phasing 8.

I am not even interested in the RvR because my tastes have grown and I have become more of a one trick pony in my old age.  I am really interested in the Exploration centric gameplay and open public dungeons.  Im hoping it offeres more support on thsoe fronts then GW2 did.

Im a bit wary on the exploration side of it. If they did it like Vanguard which promotes exploration then its awesome but if its like wow where if you follow the quest hubs then you arent really missing anything then its gonna be bad.  

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Interesting question. Has it made me lose intrest? No, I don't think so. It's more of a confirmation on the TYPE of game we are getting. I was dissappointed that the "Hiddend Home Worlds" system is being implemented ala swtor, my intrest is tied to the combat and itemization system though.

All I know is that Cyrodiil is going to have to be really special. If it's not, TES has already lost 40-45% of it's launch population. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

Completely lost instrest.  Will not sign up for beta or play the game at release.

The war should have never been racial imo.  It should've been about 3 different groups fighting for the ruby throne.  No idea why DAoC took precedent over TES.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm a tes fan, thanks for not joining me.

Im a bit wary on the exploration side of it. If they did it like Vanguard which promotes exploration then its awesome but if its like wow where if you follow the quest hubs then you arent really missing anything then its gonna be bad.  

Per Bill (staff here) and other press releases from the October press event the exploration is identical to Skyrim.  Go off in the distance and P.O.I.'s pop up on your compass and msot (if not all) have a quest associated with it.

My only worry is will it be enough, because we know from dev reviews that certain segments of the continent are not accessible (leaving room for expansions) but if they offer plenty of open dungeons it should satiate my apetite for exploration.  I long to visit open dungeons like Stonehenge Barrows  and Caer Sidi from DAoC.(http://www.valmerwolf.com/mappe/Albion/alb_dun_stonehenge.jpg)

(http://www.valmerwolf.com/mappe/si_alb/si_dun_caersidi.jpg)

Originally posted by sapphen

Completely lost instrest.  Will not sign up for beta or play the game at release.

The war should have never been racial imo.  It should've been about 3 different groups fighting for the ruby throne.  No idea why DAoC took precedent over TES.

Becasue that would be exactly like 99% of every MMO released since 2005.  Its time we grow as a genre from something thats been cloned to death.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Yes, mainly what made me lose interest in the game is because of faction lock. That simply just kills the spirit of Elder Scrolls game where you are free to roam where you want and join whatever faction you like.

But also because of this megaserver thing. A computer is going to tell me which server/instance I want to play on? Thanks but no thanks.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Not only this Shaky we would have the same exact MMO thats been released every year for the last 8 years.  I wonder how many of these posts rail against Clones when they sit here in every thread about ESO asking for the game to be more clone like.  This truely boggles my mind.

This isnt WoW 2.0, UO 2.0, SWG 2.0 (THANK GOD)

This is Spart...........err this is DAoC 2.0.  You know that higly acclaimed MMO thats never been copied in the same way as the original.  Call me insane but I'll take an MMO thats cloned off something thats been done one other time over something thats been done 4-7 times per year.

If you want your sandbox.......go to ArcheAge its prolly gonna get released the same time as ESO will be by all estimations.

If you want your Open World FFA PvP play DF:UW when it releases in a few months.

For the rest of us who want the spiritual successor to DAoC lets keep the hype going.

Why would an Elder Scrolls MMO be DAoC 2.0 instead of an Elder Scrolls MMO, e.g. Skyrim Online. That is what I dont agree with, they did not use the Elder Scrolls framework to build this MMO and are just using the skin to apply to another game's MMO template.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I will still try it, because I love Elder Scrolls. But since I'm not a pvper I really don't know what this game offers me after the shinyness has faded.

The faction lock is just dull, lazy, uninspired thinking by Mr Firor and team who seem to just be focussed on making Dark Age of Tamriel rather than something better.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by sapphen

Becasue that would be exactly like 99% of every MMO released since 2005.  Its time we grow as a genre from something thats been cloned to death.

TES games are nothing like 99% of MMOs.  If they had actually tried to make a TES MMO instead of what they did then none of this would be a problem.

I would go further and say that this game IS going to be like 99% of every MMO released since 2005 in it's current form.  Don't care about your opinion or rebuttal - if you want DAoC2 then go knock on EA's door.

You don't have to agree with me nor I with you but this back and forth shit is getting old.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

To people saying "cool, lots more to do with alts".

150 quests.

No factions you get 150 quests to do.

Faction locked you get 50 to do..then create another character, level them up, do another 50......create another character, level up, do another 50....

You really see that as a better design and more stuff to do???

Yes, because its 3 different stories spread across 3 completely different areas of the map making all 3 playthrought 100% new content, therefore no repitition

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Vonatar

I will still try it, because I love Elder Scrolls. But since I'm not a pvper I really don't know what this game offers me after the shinyness has faded.

The faction lock is just dull, lazy, uninspired thinking by Mr Firor and team who seem to just be focussed on making Dark Age of Tamriel rather than something better.

You know as as pvpr I really do't know what the game offers beyond Cyrodiil.

edit- something tells me we wont be able to beta "test" cyrodiil untill very late in the process.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"