Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Ordered TL II and got NVW Beta access - only to find out it's from the third Beta weekend

ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Are you as mad as me?

Just my 2 cents...

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by Shaike

Are you as mad as me?

What?

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by alakram

Are you as mad as me?

What?

You have to read ... (the subject)

Just my 2 cents...

• SlechtvalkSlechtvalk Member Posts: 33

STO Lifetimer, dont have an invite yet, and it was promised!

After reading the preorder packets, for a FREE 2 PLAY game i dont care neither, i dont expect to get into the game immediatly after launch. Preorder packets garant a queuefree login, which shows me where the preorder intention goes into.

Biting my teeth on each other, in my eyes somewhat too bad idea of preorder packets combined to a F2P game.

So if i get an invite i dont care, i will try out, but i wont sit hours and hours in a login queue.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Are you as mad as me?

What?

So your mad because you spent 20$ on a great game that had a BONUS neverwinter beta? Again why are you mad? YOu got this FOR FREE for purchasing a game thats not even associated with DnD. Good lord, you are not entitled to anything except TL2, anything extra you should be happy about.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

Are you as mad as me?

No not at all, I have beta keys from a few things. I believe you bought TL2 because you wanted the game, it was cheap and lastly it gave you beta access. Think of the weekend as a perk? Apparently you didn't do much research on PWE or Cryptic? If you did any research you would have learned to never "expect" anything, for you will surely be disappointed. Hence, you should have foreseen this.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Entris38

Are you as mad as me?

No not at all, I have beta keys from a few things. I believe you bought TL2 because you wanted the game, it was cheap and lastly it gave you beta access. Think of the weekend as a perk? Apparently you didn't do much research on PWE or Cryptic? If you did any research you would have learned to never "expect" anything, for you will surely be disappointed. Hence, you should have foreseen this.

Exactly. What boggles my mind is that people EXPECT anything other then the game when they preorder. Anything other then the game is BONUS and you should be happy you got it at all. Ungrateful.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    how do you know it's for the third beta weekend? i put in my code and all it says is download with be available soon thats all

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by DSWBeef

Are you as mad as me?

What?

So your mad because you spent 20$ on a great game that had a BONUS neverwinter beta? Again why are you mad? YOu got this FOR FREE for purchasing a game thats not even associated with DnD. Good lord, you are not entitled to anything except TL2, anything extra you should be happy about.

Well Yes.

I had two options if i remember correctly - either preorder like i did from Perfect World and get whatever this is (third place beta access...), or pre-order from Cryptic and get TL I. I should have gone with Criptic.....

Just my 2 cents...

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    how do you know it's for the third beta weekend? i put in my code and all it says is download with be available soon thats all

It's from their forums - i don't have the exact link but that is what they said when they posted the "Founder Packs".

Essentially only the best "Pack" entitles you to be in the 1st Beta Weekend. If you bought the PC Gamer February Edition Magazin and got a Code you are entitled to access from the 2nd Beta Weekend and everyone else who were promised early Beta access are entitled from the 3rd Beta Weekend.

Just my 2 cents...

Are you as mad as me?

I see what you mean. Lesson learned (the hard way)

Just my 2 cents...

It's from their forums - i don't have the exact link but that is what they said when they posted the "Founder Packs".

Essentially only the best "Pack" entitles you to be in the 1st Beta Weekend. If you bought the PC Gamer February Edition Magazin and got a Code you are entitled to access from the 2nd Beta Weekend and everyone else who were promised early Beta access are entitled from the 3rd Beta Weekend.

this is currently the only information i see on beta

Neverwinter's first Beta Weekend begins February 8, 2013. On that day, The Forgotten Realms becomes a reality for brave heroes and heroines to explore and dungeon delve. Victory and epic loot await the fearless and the fast, but for the weak of body and mind, there can be only ignominious death.

One way to gain coveted access to the first Neverwinter Beta Weekend is with a Hero of the North Founder's Pack. But don't fret! There are more ways yet to be revealed for hungry and anxious adventurers to join the Neverwinter Beta Weekends.

You may have also noticed that our Founder's Packs are not yet available for purchase. We took 20 on our Perception check and uncovered a few traps and several goblins. As a result, we temporarily delayed the start of our Founder's Pack sales while we slayed… um, addressed any outstanding issues.

For our Neverwinter fans looking to grab a Founder's Pack and secure guaranteed access to our Beta Weekends, the wait will be precious short.

Stay tuned to our homepage, ye Heroes of the North for the latest information on our Founder's Pack promotion. Keep an action ready because your turn is coming right up.

Sincerely,

The Neverwinter Team

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Are you as mad as me?

Exactly. What boggles my mind is that people EXPECT anything other then the game when they preorder. Anything other then the game is BONUS and you should be happy you got it at all. Ungrateful.

Expecting to get what was promised is perfectly reasonable. If they promised beta access, they should give just that and be very happy and grateful they got your money and trust.

I'm not as mad as you, because I didn't preorder TL2.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Are you as mad as me?

While I don't understand why the OP is 'mad' because he assumed he would get in earlier (with no promises that he would), when something like beta access is used in the promotional package to sell a game it stops being a 'bonus' and starts being part of the sold product.

Ofc someone that purchases a promtional package has a right to have expectations for that purchase.

Get off the 'modern entitled ungrateful society' meme train maybe and start looking at things on a case by case basis. Blanket thinking is lazy thinking. 

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145

While it is true he was promised beta with his purchase, and as such was part of the product package sold, the issue is he wasn't promised what stage of beta he would get in to. So they did adhere to their promise, the matter is whether you are satisfied with the result.

I don't think its a matter of feeling entitled to any sort of "extra," but that they would get into beta earlier than others instead of not at all or at the end. 

this is currently the only information i see on beta

Neverwinter's first Beta Weekend begins February 8, 2013. On that day, The Forgotten Realms becomes a reality for brave heroes and heroines to explore and dungeon delve. Victory and epic loot await the fearless and the fast, but for the weak of body and mind, there can be only ignominious death.

One way to gain coveted access to the first Neverwinter Beta Weekend is with a Hero of the North Founder's Pack. But don't fret! There are more ways yet to be revealed for hungry and anxious adventurers to join the Neverwinter Beta Weekends.

You may have also noticed that our Founder's Packs are not yet available for purchase. We took 20 on our Perception check and uncovered a few traps and several goblins. As a result, we temporarily delayed the start of our Founder's Pack sales while we slayed… um, addressed any outstanding issues.

For our Neverwinter fans looking to grab a Founder's Pack and secure guaranteed access to our Beta Weekends, the wait will be precious short.

Stay tuned to our homepage, ye Heroes of the North for the latest information on our Founder's Pack promotion. Keep an action ready because your turn is coming right up.

Sincerely,

The Neverwinter Team

Look in here -

"http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/374061/PC-Gamer-Beta-Key-and-Mount-Giveaway.html";

Post number 35

Just my 2 cents...

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Its from the 2nd weekend, not the 3rd.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first

The only people getting 1st weekend so far are people buying the founder packs (obvious cash grab is obvious).

Also it was very obvious from the wording of the original TL2 offer (which I also got) that you would not have access to all the betas. It promises you will get into beta, not which stage you get into it.

Here is the exact wording from the email I recieved with the TL2 offer:

"Pre-order Torchlight 2 to gain access the PAX East Game of Show! *Exact date of access will vary."

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

The Neverwinter Team

Maybe they are going to ratchet down the price on the heroes pack given the overall (apparent) hue and cry of negativity.

Probably not but we can hope.

And I think it should have been 'slew' not 'slayed'. (I wonder if I can get Beta access if I offer to proof read for them.)

• MastrshadowMastrshadow Member UncommonPosts: 16

First off, it was never promised that you would get in on day 1.

Second, it specifically said you would be phased in. It's not Cryptics fault you cant read.

Third, it's from the second weekend, not the third. You really need to work on that l2read thing...

UPDATE: Please note that this is not the final list and is a work-in-progress. We're still evaluating our Beta Weekend plans and making sure that everyone has a fair chance to join us in Neverwinter Beta. A more final and complete list will be available once our plans are finalized. Thank you for understanding.

Greetings! Here is information on who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:

• Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
    Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
    Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    By the way looking at that timetable we can probably kiss goodbye to a possible Q1 launch. Ahwell.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!

• PAX and GenCon Beta Keys are on a Phased Access level.
      • This means that they will slowly roll in these Beta Keys as they ramp up the need for Beta Testers. You might get into the First Weekend or you might not get in until the Third Weekend or beyond. Watch your Emails once we get closer to the Weekends!
    • The Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you Beta Access starting with the First Beta Weekend!
    • The PC Gamer Magazine Mount/Beta Key grants you Beta Access starting with the Second Beta Weekend!
    • All other Beta Keys through Partners grant Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend.
      • This includes but is not limited to Torchlight 2 Pre-Order Promotion Beta Keys.
    • Any keys that CM PinPointError or former CM Stormshade has given away will grant you Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    So now the guardian pack gets first weekend access too? I can't keep track lol.

thanks for links looks like ill be playing second beta weekend

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Yes, I am mad. I bought TL2 on steam.. then, realising I could get a beta key I bought another copy from PWE. I'm sure there were a lot of people that did this sort of thing. I didn't need the extra TL2 key, I just gave it away. Afterwards, the fine print sent 'after' the purchase hinted at not getting into the beta when it first starts. At that point I was mad, because that wasn't made clear before the purchase. I've already ranted my frustration with what Cryptic and PWE have done on other posts here.. exploiting the nature of people who want to get into betas. Do this and get into beta.. oops, sorry, now you have to do this to get into beta from the start. In other words, if you want the beta.. please bend over and we'll take even more of your money and take you from behind at the same time.

I'm not getting a founders pack or ever spending money on this game, even if I think the game is great.

... and I'm ranting based on principle here. I'll be on vacation in Lapland for the first beta weekend so I wouldn't have been able to play it anyway. I just don't like the tactics that are beng used here to get us to spend more money. That paired with Res Right Here Scrolls (PTW), 10,000 XP Scrolls (PTW) and them making users 'pay' to generate more content for their game (Unlock Dungeon Master Mode and more foundry slots) is pretty disgusting in my opinion.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

I voted for the third choice, who cares

I have not really followed the game but got the email figured it was going to be 50 bucks for the box or something. Clicked on it and my first reaction was "WTF are these guys smoking" needless to say my credit card stayed in my wallet

If I do end up playing the game anytime I see someone riding around on one of those special mounts I will think , there goes a dumba$$

I miss DAoC