Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Will Fail Big Time! Idiot Devs Have No Idea

They emphasised exploration so much in their gameplay presentation yet they are going to lock you out of the enemy factions territory, what a contradiction form a bunch of fools making this game. All pvp is limited to Cyrodiil so you can kiss true open world pvp throughout the entire world goodbye. What kind of idiot would lock you out of the rest of the game? Who the hell wants to make a new character just to see more of the game? A lot of people have a sense of loyalty to their faction, this game is very stupid and will fail big time if they limit pvp to Cryodiil and lock you out of enemy factions. There may be no quests in enemy faction zones but you can still do dungeons in their zones and fight new NPC enemies.

I hope this game bombs big time and is eventually closed down or goes free to play quickly, this is like a handicapped MMORPG, I would rather play WoW since it does not lock you out of enemy territory and you can do open world pvp anywhere.

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

So you are pissed off, because you cannot gank newbies in starter zones? lol.

Cry more!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Couldn't use an existing thread on this issue?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• coltonjeffersoncoltonjefferson Member Posts: 33
    Thanks for the laugh.... :)
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

DAoc had faction locked territories,

pvp was restricted to frontier lands,

You had to make a new char to see the other factions,

And is considered one of the best mmorpgs of all time... nough said.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Let's be fair shall we...

... you are right about the limitations of where players can go.

You are wrong about open world PvP - it is never designed properly and thus encourages and facilitates 'pond scum' players to gank and ruin other people's game-play.

However, you could have made your first point on an established thread, and your second point is a non-starter which has been debated to death for over a decade already...

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by WellzyC

pvp was restirected to frontier lands,

And is considrered one of the best mmorpgs of all time...   nough said.

True, and while I'm not necessarily on the OP's rage train, I also think this is a mistake of design for an Elder Scrolls MMO. DAoC was very much a pvp game and was successful for a long time because of it. This game may well follow in its success with DAoC fans, but it is a case of jamming a DAoC template on top of the Elder Scrolls IP and for Elder Scrolls fans this doesn't work.

An Elder Scrolls MMO should be about exploration, great freeform character development and, ideally, the ability to roam from one part of Tamriel to another. The fact that all of this is not in the game only because of the pvp design is not something I'm very happy about. The easiest example is that I intend to play the game with 5-6 friends. Because of the faction locking, if we want to quest, explore or do dungeons together we must all make characters in the same faction, and therefore the choice is severely narrowed down to 3 races. Why? Because it is this way to make pvp work - something none of us intend to spend much time doing.

Surely something a little more intelligent could have been designed so a character can remain neutral or join a different faction as a one-time choice? Are we really supposed to accept that every single Khajiit in Tamriel sides with the Aldmeri Dominion and there are none to be found who simply don't care about the war and are continuing to live peacefully in Skyrim, High Rock etc? This is where the DAoC template is steamrolling the Elder Scrolls IP.

OK, it's a design choice and we'll see if it was right or wrong in time. I will playing the game regardless, but how long for is the question.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

You may close the thread now. Thank you!
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

You may close the thread now. Thank you!

did you even read the post after the next post?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• Stealthman06Stealthman06 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Now that you have edited your original post, mine has no longer anything to do with the topic.

MMORPG Forums: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Another of these threads... Seen the Areas yet OP?
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I think locking players into their faction region is indeed a huge failure. Just a bad idea. One of the best things in WOW, especially since Cata is, how factions are interwoven. You often meet the other faction. Not like in SWTOR, where most of the time the other faction is away from you. That doesn't incite faction pride or anything. Even if the enemy terretory has no quest givers, let them sneak into it. Maybe add a few enemy faction camps into the other terretory. But locking them just out is simply absurd.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Really?

I hope this is just a silly rumor!

You can´t go to other faction territories, same like in SWTOR?

Then woohoo, sounds like another carebear-catering game. Yeah, that is what MMOs need nowadays, more "safety" and restricted zones..and little PvE/PvP flagging systems..

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Each side has two sides. Indeed its stupid to restrict players going to enemy sides.Pve focused players would also hate though getting ganged in the areas they start by high lvl kiddos. On the other side though its an mmo right? If someone wants to just pve he can play skyrim. This IS an mmo and the human factor is innevitable. Also there are lots of players that apart stupid ai wants a sense of danger when  they play. Also if there are players that want to play pve coop maybe next time they see threads put multiplayer coop in skyrim never ever again reply to these  threds with answers like: Multiplayer has no place in Skyrim...

Personally i prefer the chance toget ganged few times when im low lvl and have multiplayer factor really there wide and open with pvp alive than have a specific zone for pvp only and play pve carefree. If i want pve easy iplay skyrim.ESO is a MULTIPLAYER elder scrools game. I hope they wont forget what they are making.

P.S. Human interaction factor in all ways good and bad,was what made ultima online truly unique. 

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    It's not about ganking newbies, it's about exploring all the game world with your same character. They can open all the world areas with pvp disabled and let people explore all of tamriel, and enable pvp only on cyrodiil. TES fans dont want to gank newbies, they want to explore with their character, they dont want more characters they want one character and one world to explore.

• DireLionDireLion Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Imperator101

They emphasised exploration so much in their gameplay presentation yet they are going to lock you out of the enemy factions territory, what a contradiction form a bunch of fools making this game. All pvp is limited to Cyrodiil so you can kiss true open world pvp throughout the entire world goodbye. What kind of idiot would lock you out of the rest of the game? Who the hell wants to make a new character just to see more of the game? A lot of people have a sense of loyalty to their faction, this game is very stupid and will fail big time if they limit pvp to Cryodiil and lock you out of enemy factions. There may be no quests in enemy faction zones but you can still do dungeons in their zones and fight new NPC enemies.

I hope this game bombs big time and is eventually closed down or goes free to play quickly, this is like a handicapped MMORPG, I would rather play WoW since it does not lock you out of enemy territory and you can do open world pvp anywhere.

Holy Imperator101 Batman,  Im in no way of smelling a Fanboy here. Yes I know Robin this why hes not going to Jail.... One of my Exgirlfriends is a  full  Nord, so today we drop him off at her cave for a BBQ! Holy Hamburgers Batman shes not going to eat him?  Nope,  Just his toes.   image    

“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve regardless of how many times you may have failed in the past or how lofty your aims and hopes may be.”
    -Napoleon Hill-

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Lol wow as a good example of how to do pvp. Just lol.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by JeroKane

So you are pissed off, because you cannot gank newbies in starter zones? lol.

Cry more!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by Imperator101

let me tell you how much i appreciate having to share my hobby with intelligent, eloquent and likeable people like you. every day is sunshine, communities get better and better and this says nothing about educational failures and the state of our world in general :D

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    People seem to forget that you can play PvE with other people aswell, Not only for PvP. And i smell puberty from all these Ragers.
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

He has a point about faction locks but the rest is meh.

I would like to be free to have an open world without restrictions outside of the PvP hub and have no desire to attack other players in the open world. But to restrict movement completely just so PvP works (when faction locks are not even needed really) is just a really bad idea.

Open the lands,let us explore, disable PvP outside Cryodil....

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Idiot armchair dev forum posters have no idea.

"make it more like wow, chars sure to lead to success, also daoc is some massive carebear game compared to wow, copy wow, their magical flip a switch pvp servers are the bomb!"
  • haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

Oh look Ma ! Nother ONE !!!

And your point is ? If you don't like it, don't play it. Simple as that.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

"make it more like wow, chars sure to lead to success, also daoc is some massive carebear game compared to wow, copy wow, their magical flip a switch pvp servers are the bomb!"

Well unless you are a developer working on TES you too are an idiot armchair dev forum poster....or would you prefer I simply say you have a different opinion?

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Well unless you are a developer working on TES you too are an idiot armchair dev forum poster....or would you prefer I simply say you have a different opinion?

People who are whining like the OP are people who never played DAoC.

Faction lock makes PVP better. Simple as that. 

ESO is a PVP game with some PVE. When you look at it from that perspective, the faction lock only stops lowbie gankers and funnel everyone into Cyrodiil which is a REALLY good thing.

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253
    Originally posted by fs23otm
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

People who are whining like the OP are people who never played DAoC.

Faction lock makes PVP better. Simple as that. 

ESO is a PVP game with some PVE. When you look at it from that perspective, the faction lock only stops lowbie gankers and funnel everyone into Cyrodiil which is a REALLY good thing.

well you know the faction lock kind of is stupid for exploration based types like myself. I like to roam free around the whole world (or in case of PvP games, where I dare to). arbitrary restrictions do not play well with me.

HOWEVER, if there is plenty of exploration content to go through, it does not matter that much. so there are realy more sides on this dice ...

This discussion has been closed.