Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flame and Frost Rains Down On Us Review Vid/Chat

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Review and Thoughts Vid

Well we are here again a new patch new events and new things to conquer. First off quaggin back yea NO! I however like the broomstick mount even though it does nothing in making you faster. Moving along fractals is revived and so are normal dungeons. With the new Orr loot added to their tables as well. I have not tried guesting yet but as I have said in the past that was a good idea. And if you haven't left for your favorite server you will be greeted with a hefty fee to do so.

Legendaries got an upgrade yea not what you're thinking. They got visual fixes and upgrades to effects some look a tad on the cheesy side however. Orr got a super duper remix to how it works. With temples receiving new loot and their bosses receiving so raid whipping steroids. Especially Grenth which is horribly broken atm on my server hope it gets fixed soon. Or explain where Grenth got a telekinetic dirt slam spell from? That um one shots everyone in a 30 yard radius.....

The new achievements money is in by the form of Laurels. You can get 2 a day I believe I could be wrong.  And you're supposed to get 10 a piece from monthly's completions. So say you get those plus do your dailies everyday that's 80 per month. So easily in two months you could buy anything you want gear wise. So you gear grind trolls go fall in a ditch that is really easy to do.

The new special events have not started yet so I won't go into that maybe another day and another video. All the dungeons received tweaks thief's got nerfed..lol and various classes got curious spell changes. All in all its more fun for us more or less leave your thoughts your rage your blessing you know the drill.

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

OK, first off, if you don't like the quaggan back pack then I refuse to watch the video. I'm putting my foot down here! (At least lie to me to make me feel better.)

Grenth has indeed been enhanced and buffed up a bit... the real problem is that it caught everyone off guard. It's more important now than ever to not ignore the red circles and to keep moving in combat. It's doable and been done, but it's no longer a simple zerg down. It's much more like a raid boss fight where you actually need at least a basic understanding and awareness... people will adapt and alread are beginning to.

Gear grind trolls... heh heh... OK, you won me back from the quaggan faux pas. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    LOL I just try to keep it real sometimes people don't like that. But I always say you want real or do you want a paid for opinion. Some people will understand what I mean by that.
    BTW, monthlies give 10 laurels. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

how do you get 2 laurels a day? You get one from daily is there another way?

Originally posted by dlld

how do you get 2 laurels a day? You get one from daily is there another way?

I got two yesterday... I hadn't completed my daily when the update happened, so right after the update I finished it and got a laurel. Later I noticed the daily reset and I had the new one. I completed that for the second laurel. I expect this even for the flip I'll be on one-a-day mode.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Are these laurels redeemable for what is considered "best in slot" for all slots (including weapons, armor, accessories) or what?
    Unfortunately you can't keep doing 2 a day they crushed that idea this morning. I put in text explaining that in the video now. Seems GW2 didn't want us doing it that fast lol.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Are these laurels redeemable for what is considered "best in slot" for all slots (including weapons, armor, accessories) or what?

box of lv 78-80 rare or exotic armor(2 boxes for 1 laurel). ascended trinkets of every type.

btw: first stage of refugee event is live in wayfarer foothills.

Originally posted by BadSpock

There's ascended rings and amulets you can get, that's it. You can also get the rings in the Fractals. While they may be "best in slot", it's a marginal improvement as opposed to a WoW-style system where each tier was practically a logarithmic increase.

There's also lots of non-gear stuff available as well, including new mini-pets.

Oderint, dum metuant.

The pets are absolutely overpriced and not even that stylish. I guess its for the guys who gotta get them all type of mentality.