Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show Off Your PC Setup!

Comments

• IchirokuIchiroku Member UncommonPosts: 16
    CPU: AMD FX-8150 8-core black edition (@~3,6GHz)
    MB: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ CPU Ready
    RAM: 16GB (4x 4GB)
    GFX: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 OC Edition (2GB 1GHz version)
    SSD: Samsung 840 120gb
    HDD: 2TB
    PSU: 750W
    Keyboard: Logitech G19 Gaming keyboard
    Mouse: Razer Naga MMO Mouse
    Sound: Razer Megalodon 7.1 Surround headset
    Screen: BenQ G2412HD - 24-inch

I'm planning on buying a second GFX card soon in crossfire. Maybe buy water cooling and OC CPU. Maybe buy a new screen and such...

I'm a hardworking student, so money ain't that much of a problem, the problem is rather me having to spend... :P

Also got a laptop I use for college (Game Technology :D), but that garbage ain't worth mentioning.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Been improving on this computer incrementally over the past 9 months.  Still have SSD Harddrives, super resolution monitors (3) and a new mouse to buy.    x-x

Processor:  3930k I7  (was 945 Black Edition)

GPU:  2 670 FTW EVGA in crossfire  (Was 2 5770's; normally go with pre-oc'd GPUs so they're still under warranty)

Ram:  32 GB 1833 RAM  (Was 8GB 1333; was a part of a set for only $225)

Mobo:  Sabretooth x79  (Was Crosshair III Formula)

Harddrive:  2 1TBs

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • KnutCupKnutCup Member UncommonPosts: 21

Picture shows Dell screens, have replaced with BenQ's yesterday.

I7 2600K  dual SLI GTX680's 120Gb SSD 2 - 3Tb Drves

Razer Naga, Black Widow Ultimate, Razer Nostromo, Logitech G19 Steering wheel, Saitek flight controls

Corsair Headphones.

• KnutCupKnutCup Member UncommonPosts: 21
  • Fornax123Fornax123 Member UncommonPosts: 36

So every year around this time I try to add a little something new to my setup.  Last year I did the nVidia 3D Vision setup, and then also tried out 2D Surround with 3 monitors.  I didn't care much for 2D Surround as it didn't add the level of immersion I was hoping for, and the 3D vision didn't work for me simply due to the fact the biggest monitor I could get was 27 inches.  So what's a boy to do?  I'd been toying with the idea of turing one of my spare upstairs bedrooms into a man-cave for a while and so a couple weeks ago I went to work!  I painted the entire room matte black with grey trim, ordered new carpet and a new couch...  and got a 120 inch movie screen and a Panasonic PT-AE8000U  projector.  I was a little concerned about input lag, but after doing some research found that it had a gaming mode that dropped the input lag in half.  Anyhow, it's still a work in progress but I got everything wired up this weekend and had some fun playing the Firefall beta on it.  Crazy fun with a Dolby 7.1 1000 watt stereo and 120" screen!   Sorry for the washed out image. Projectors don't look good with camera flash.  Anyone else using a projector setup for gaming? 

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by Fornax123

So every year around this time I try to add a little something new to my setup.  Last year I did the nVidia 3D Vision setup, and then also tried out 2D Surround with 3 monitors.  I didn't care much for 2D Surround as it didn't add the level of immersion I was hoping for, and the 3D vision didn't work for me simply due to the fact the biggest monitor I could get was 27 inches.  So what's a boy to do?  I'd been toying with the idea of turing one of my spare upstairs bedrooms into a man-cave for a while and so a couple weeks ago I went to work!  I painted the entire room matte black with grey trim, ordered new carpet and a new couch...  and got a 120 inch movie screen and a Panasonic PT-AE8000U  projector.  I was a little concerned about input lag, but after doing some research found that it had a gaming mode that dropped the input lag in half.  Anyhow, it's still a work in progress but I got everything wired up this weekend and had some fun playing the Firefall beta on it.  Crazy fun with a Dolby 7.1 1000 watt stereo and 120" screen!   Sorry for the washed out image. Projectors don't look good with camera flash.  Anyone else using a projector setup for gaming? 

Outstanding setup!  My only advice is to look into cord management.  That room is a broken neck waiting to happen as is.

• WhitelynxWhitelynx Member UncommonPosts: 17

Noctua NH-C12P SE14
    GiBy4GB D5 X GTX690 R
    MS Win8 64bit OEM Alternate
    Int Core i7-3820 3600 2011 BOX
    CooMas GX750 750W ATX23
    Aerocool XPredator White Edt. wh ATX
    LG GH24NS 24x SA bk B
    SSD 128GB 520/550 SP900 SA3 ADA
    Asus P9X79 X79 FRG SA
    Seag 2TB ST2000DM001 7200 SA3
    Noctua Mounting Kit NM-I2011
    D316GB 1600-999 Vengeance LP K4 COR

Originally posted by Whitelynx

Noctua NH-C12P SE14
    GiBy4GB D5 X GTX690 R
    MS Win8 64bit OEM Alternate
    Int Core i7-3820 3600 2011 BOX
    CooMas GX750 750W ATX23
    Aerocool XPredator White Edt. wh ATX
    LG GH24NS 24x SA bk B
    SSD 128GB 520/550 SP900 SA3 ADA
    Asus P9X79 X79 FRG SA
    Seag 2TB ST2000DM001 7200 SA3
    Noctua Mounting Kit NM-I2011
    D316GB 1600-999 Vengeance LP K4 COR

Sweet system but I'm curious why choose certain parts which are meant for specific setups and then not use them for that specific purpose?

The two major examples are the CPU cooler which is normally intended for a mATX or ITX build and then the X79 MB which is specifically intended for the Xfire/SLI market.  Granted in case of the MB you have a Dual GPU card which is unto itself a SLI setup of sorts but still it doesn't take advantage fo the X79 MB's intended extra e-PCI slots meant for additional SLI/XFire such as quads.

Please dont' get me wrong as most of us seeing this machine only wish we had that kind of money to throw towards a machine but rather my speculation is why you made some of the choices you did?  I hope you understand. 

Originally posted by miguksaram

Please dont' get me wrong as most of us seeing this machine only wish we had that kind of money to throw towards a machine but rather my speculation is why you made some of the choices you did?  I hope you understand. 

i made it like this because of the money  :3

So i thought about a system about a month with my brother and the "internet". With this budget it was the best what u could get with this performence.

+ my intention was to not let this setup be as it is. Like to add a new I7 later or better ram (atm only 1600 can get up to 2400). So that i can use this pc even after 5 years and so on. ^^ So thats why i made a higher purchase now as instead to buy every 1-2 years a new one :3.

with the cooler i intent to change it to water later. Or getting another gtx690 in it who knows. :3

• mamildormamildor Member Posts: 18

CASE: coolermaster haf x

CPU: intel 3770k

MOBO: asus sabertooth z77

GPU: gigabyte 560 gtx

MEMORY: corsair vanagece 4 x 4 gb

PSU: fractal design 750 W

Ill prolly buy ne gpu soon but a bit short on money atm.

Originally posted by Whitelynx
    Originally posted by miguksaram

i made it like this because of the money  :3

So i thought about a system about a month with my brother and the "internet". With this budget it was the best what u could get with this performence.

+ my intention was to not let this setup be as it is. Like to add a new I7 later or better ram (atm only 1600 can get up to 2400). So that i can use this pc even after 5 years and so on. ^^ So thats why i made a higher purchase now as instead to buy every 1-2 years a new one :3.

with the cooler i intent to change it to water later. Or getting another gtx690 in it who knows. :3

Ah ok now I remember you.  This system will probably never need the increase in RAM but "might" benefit from an additional GTX690 should you or your family have the extra $1000 to spend on it.  That said the only case where that should most likely exist is in the case of an extreme resolution.  This could either be in the form of multiple 30" screens or 6+ standard "HD" screens.  Nevertheless it's a stupid awesome system that is worthy of showing off, just be aware that some of the initial choices make little sense especially with some of the near future upgrades you have mind.

Yosh ^^ if i want to make any changes on this i will ask here :3 /)
  • GigachipGigachip Member UncommonPosts: 35

My set up

i7-3770k @ 4.2 GHz

sabertooth z77

3x Radeon HD 7970

256 SSD Boot (OCZ Agility 4)<--I think its 4 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Heres what ive got  .image
    o.O

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104

Mother board: GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz

Graphics card: GeForce GTX 670 FTW Signature2 2GB 256-bit GDDR5

Case: NZXT Crafted Series Tempest 410 Elite

Windows 7

Thats all for now will update when i get the rest of the parts.

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245

Antec Twelve Hundred Case

Asrock Z77 Extreme6

I5 [email protected] (Noctua D14 cooler)

16gb corsair ddr3 1600

2x GTX 670 4gb(EVGA SC+)

60gb SSD For Win 8 64

120gb SSD for games

2TB of 7200 HD for storage

3 x 27" Samsung Syncmaster (42" above those)

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 3/21/2013, 00:46:17
           Machine name: CHESHYRE-PC
       Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
               Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
           System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
                   BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/24/12 17:27:54 Ver: 04.06.05
              Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
                 Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
              Page File: 2521MB used, 30163MB available
            Windows Dir: C:Windows
        DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
       User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
     System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
        DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
         DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
              Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
           Manufacturer: NVIDIA
              Chip type: GeForce GTX 670
               DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
             Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_10DE&DEV_1189&SUBSYS_26783842&REV_A1
         Display Memory: 4042 MB
       Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB
          Shared Memory: 2047 MB
           Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
           Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
          Monitor Model: M2362D
             Monitor Id: GSM5756
            Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)
            Output Type: HD15

Ignore the Cyberpower.... I replaced that enitre computer (do yourself a favor and never order pre-built), I just put em side by side for a comparison shot at the time.

i7 quad core with hyperthreading, making it read as 8 cores, a 3.5 ghz processor that clocks at 3.9 ghz, 16 gigs of ram, a gtx 670 graphics card, 128 gig SSD drive, 1 terabyte normal drive, ridiculous wattage power supply that I could probably run my truck off of, all of that combined with a 32" monitor, a Razer Naga Epic mouse, Logitech G710 Keyboard, and surround sound speakers complete with subwoofers.

As of right now, I've yet to meet a game it couldn't play maxed out. FFXIV Benchmark it reaches around 9k. Currently no games to play to work it out, I keep throwing money at my computer screen but nothing is popping up. Oh wells.

• CaptShatnerCaptShatner Member UncommonPosts: 23

Core Components
    AMD FX-8120 4.0ghz
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM (1666mhz)
    AMD Radeon HD 7870 (Going to crossfire soon)
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0
    Sandisk Sata3 120GB SSD
    Corsair HX750
    Corsair Obsidian 800D

Liquid Cooling
    Feser TFC 360 Radiator
    120MM Gentle Typhoon Radiator Fans x3
    Swiftech MCP35X
    EK Accetal GPU Block
    XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
    PC Pure Primochill Liquid Coolant
    Primochill Blue UV Tubing

Accessories
    NZXT Blue LED Sleeved Lights 2 Meters

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192

I actually just did a  calculation on how much I have spent on my computer, and needless to say, it definitely adds up over time!

i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz

MSI G45 Mobo

16gb of Corsair Vengeance 1600

60gb Kingston main SSD

120gb Corsair Force SSD

2x 1TB Western Digital Black

MSI Twin Frozr ATI 7970 3GB

2x 23" LED Monitors

Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Logitech G9X

Razor Carcharias

Corsair Carbide 300r w/ window

Corsair 850w modular psu

Corsair H70 water cooler

I added it up to close  to 2100. Crazy how it adds up so fast! People who make those "I can build a top end gaming computer for 700 bucks" are definitely full of it. I used to be someone who thought the same, that ah around a grand and I'd have a stellar gaming computer. turns out.... lol

Killing dragons is my shit

• onapthanhonapthanh Member Posts: 7
    Noticed this section of our forums is actually quite popular,
  • dleveldlevel Member UncommonPosts: 88

imageimage

my setup:

cpu: i7

gpu: nvidia 580

ram: 8gb 1600

ssd: 120gb vertex 4

hdd: 2x500gb

monitors: 2 x LG 24''

other: logitech g600 mouse, logitech g15 gamepad

tv: samsung 55ue8000 ( connected to ps3 and pc )

laptop: alienware m11x r2 ( i7-ssd-8gb ram )

speakers: 2x genelec 8030A studio monitors ( the pc has some UAD cards for audio processing, producing music as a hobby )

• gab4moigab4moi Member UncommonPosts: 16

My new rig:

OS       Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

CPU      Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz

RAM     16.0GB Corsair Dominator Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1067MHz

Mobo    Gigabyte 277X-UP5 TH-CF

Vcard    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN (EVGA)

Screen  HP ZR30w (2560x1600@60Hz)

Drives   224GB Intel Raid 0 Volume SCSI 

3726GB Intel Raid 1 Volume SCSI

Corsair water cooling for processor, 2 x Blue Ray etc drives, Corsair 800d case, Corsair 1200 watt psu.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Cooler Master K350 Black Midi Tower Window Gaming Case

Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC AMD Graphics Card - 3GB

asus sabretooth 990fx  Motherboard

620W Seasonic S12II-620 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply

AMD (Piledriver) FX-8350 4.00GHz (4.20GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 8-Core Processor

1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive - HDD

toshiba  128GB SATA

16gb RAM corsair 1600mhz

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

My PC specs, about a year old now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coolermaster HAF 922 Gaming Case - Black
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.20GHz
    Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System
    16GB Dual-Channel DDR3
    ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
    1200 Watt Thermaltake Toughpower Grand-1200M
    2047MB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    2794GB Seagate (SATA)
    2794GB Seagate (SATA)
    223GB KINGSTON (SSD)
    223GB KINGSTON (SSD)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
    12X LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black
    14X LG BLU-RAY Re-Writer, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard
    Razer Naga Molten Special Edition Gaming Mouse
    40" Samsung HDTV monitor @120Hz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop created using resources and theme elements found at http://winempyrean.net/

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90

My flight sim PC:

Specs: 

1 x Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3970X (3.50Ghz / 15MB, LGA2011, 6 Core, Without Fan/Heatsink) @ 4.6GHZ
    1 x CPU Cooler :- Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, 2x 120mm Cooling Fans
    1 x ASUS RAMPAGEIV-EXTREME MB
    1 x Corsair 16GB Low Profile Kit (4x4GB), PC-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3, Vengeance LP Series
    1 x Sandisk 480GB SSD
    2 x Seagate 2TB HDD Sata III in Raid configured
    2 x Gigabyte Geforce GTX Titan (Base:837MHz, Boost:876MHz), 6144MB (6000MHz) GDDR5, PCI-E 3.0, Dual DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort
    1 x Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower Case with Window, 3x140mm fans, Aluminum Faceplate, Steel Structure
    3 x Noctua NF-S12B-FLX 120mm 600/900/1200RPM case fans
    1 x Corsair AX-1200 1200W ATX Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold Certified
    1 x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe

These are older pics, cable management etc has all been done now and is all tucked away and looking sharp. My basic gaming machine isnt much diff, just running an AMD FX-8150 + Asrock 990FX - Extreme3 and a 680GTX instead of the Intel on Flight simmer machine, I didnt have the $$ when I built the AMD to go Intel.