Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Best class story in SWTOR

I've been following an interesting thread started by Elikal and I want to see a poll of opinions from people who have played through the stoies in SWTOR.

Here's the thread I'm referring to: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/375591/Blergh-I-just-CANT-cope-with-these-stories.html

"Best" here, for you sticklers, mean "your favorite." 

EDIT: I'm aghast. I may be the only one who voted for Jedi Knight. It was an accident. I meant to vote for Sith Warrior, but some how, I had a brain malfunction and voted JK. 

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,453Member Uncommon
    Well, I enjoyed my sith warrior...
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon

Imperial Agent. Hands down.

Sith Warrior in second place.

I love my Sith Assasin as well, I would give it a third place :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• NikopolNikopol The ZonePosts: 626Member Uncommon

As above.

First is Imperial Agent.

Second is Sith Warrior.

Third woul be the Inquisitor, and fourth would be a tie between Smuggler and Bounty Hunter.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 fresno, CAPosts: 1,431Member Uncommon
    IA is the best without question. But I did enjoy my Jedi Consular. It felt like a Jedi story with big choices that could lead to thousands of deaths. In the story anyway. Finding, investigating and learning from ancient Holocrons. Shielding Jedi from mental attacks and freeing their minds. Plus putting together your own army made up of outer rim planet people you help out was kind of cool as far as story goes. Insuring that the planets stay on the republic side and out of Imperial hands.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthPosts: 2,641Member Uncommon

Voted IA as well, of course I've only played through half of them so far... (BH, IA, SW & JC)

My Knight is stranded on Balmorra and my Sorc is currently chilling on Taris, while my Smuggler just reached Taris - which he'll probably finish sometime during the weekend.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• ZharreZharre LC, LAPosts: 78Member

My favorite, out of Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, and my (lone and lonely Republic scum) Smuggler, my answer is hands down, far and away, Imperial Agent (with the Bat(Wo)Man In Space ending). My least favorite was Inquisitor, as while it had some excellent parts, it just felt sooooo bloody repetitive and I could see everything coming miles away. 

Not interested in trying the others, but I did enjoy all the ones I've done-  even the Inquisitor's, despite my complaints.

Originally posted by Zharre

My favorite, out of Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, and my (lone and lonely Republic scum) Smuggler, my answer is hands down, far and away, Imperial Agent (with the Bat(Wo)Man In Space ending). My least favorite was Inquisitor, as while it had some excellent parts, it just felt sooooo bloody repetitive and I could see everything coming miles away. 

Not interested in trying the others, but I did enjoy all the ones I've done-  even the Inquisitor's, despite my complaints.

Glad to see I wasn't exaggerating when I claimed IA was the most popular (on the other thread). :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• ktanner3ktanner3 lakeland, FLPosts: 4,074Member Common
    My favorite was Bounty Hunter followed by Sith Warrior. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny LondonPosts: 176Member
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Glad to see I wasn't exaggerating when I claimed IA was the most popular (on the other thread). :P

Agent isn't the most popular class, it's probably the least popular on the Imperial side actually.  But it does have the best story.

Unless you mean it was the most 'popular' *choice* in which case, yeah absolutely.

Originally posted by BigAndShiny
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Agent isn't the most popular class, it's probably the least popular on the Imperial side actually.  But it does have the best story.

Unless you mean it was the most 'popular' *choice* in which case, yeah absolutely.

The most popular story, yep.

The most popular class is probably a Sith Assassin or Sorc, Empire side - though that one probably varies by server.

• ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member

Tough one really, some of the better stories are tempered by naff companions and vice-versa.

Enjoyed all the class stories, played them all through more than once but it always comes back to one thing for me, the FIRST story i ever did will always be my favourite and that was the Bounty Hunter.

Thing is, I explored the galaxy through this character and as every story is based in pretty much the same places, a lot of the "wow" factor happens on your first run through.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• catlanacatlana Houston, TXPosts: 1,677Member
    I have really been impressed with my imperial agent so far. The Imperial agent storyline is simply great. 
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Riverside, RIPosts: 3,265Member Uncommon

IA: No contest

Every other class in the game is just competing for second place.

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon

I am playing Jedi Knight right now and I am enjoying it immensely.  I play DS, and because I enjoy it so much, I already created a new toon which will go LS.

I love male voiceover. Both my JK are males.

Sigh... ok.. I read somewhere yesterday that it is possible to make a twilek which at max DS will have completely white skin... I got curious about it... so I am going to make a third JK - female twilek and run her through endless Esseles until I get max DS :)

Still... IA holds first place and SW second...  but JK might just earn the third place... or even tie with SW.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• RoinRoin Baltimore, MDPosts: 2,927Member Uncommon

For me, after playing all to 50 at least twice:

1) Imperial Agent LS or DS

2) Sith Warrior DS > LS

3) Sith Inquisitor DS > LS

4) Bounty Hunter LS or DS (DS had a few more funnier moments imho)

5) Trooper LS > DS

6) Smuggler LS > DS

7) Jedi Knight LS > DS

8) Jedi Consular LS or DS found both equally boring, though DS has a few more fun moments imho

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Originally posted by Roin

For me, after playing all to 50 at least twice:

1) Imperial Agent LS or DS

2) Sith Warrior DS > LS

3) Sith Inquisitor DS > LS

4) Bounty Hunter LS or DS (DS had a few more funnier moments imho)

5) Trooper LS > DS

6) Smuggler LS > DS

7) Jedi Knight LS > DS

8) Jedi Consular LS or DS found both equally boring, though DS has a few more fun moments imho

I haven't played them all myself, but the consensus seems to suport what you have there. Most loved the Imperial Agent and most hated the Jedi Consular. I watched the endgame video for Consular  on youtube and thought "Is THAT IT?" 

• KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

I am playing Jedi Knight right now and I am enjoying it immensely.  I play DS, and because I enjoy it so much, I already created a new toon which will go LS.

I love male voiceover. Both my JK are males.

Sigh... ok.. I read somewhere yesterday that it is possible to make a twilek which at max DS will have completely white skin... I got curious about it... so I am going to make a third JK - female twilek and run her through endless Esseles until I get max DS :)

Still... IA holds first place and SW second...  but JK might just earn the third place... or even tie with SW.

I couldn't see playing the class stories a second time, let alone a third.  UGH

I mean the stories were good, but not THAT good.  A better advertisement would be the addition of brand new stuff, like competitive non-combat minigames, or space exploration ...

There are so many better methods to make this game better.  I'm neutral though :-)  There are good qualities to this game, and bad ones.   But there just isn't longevity.

That said, the IA story rules.  SI was good... SW was generic, and best left to Cartoon Network.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 , CAPosts: 2,439Member Uncommon

Really enjoyed Bounty Hunter but it started to loose the appeal near the end. Sith warrior was not very good, there were a few facinating moments but overall it was weak. Smuggler and Agent is good so far.

The story probably aren't as enjoyable when you don't stick with one til the end and have to wade through a lot of the same content.

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

It's pretty clear in this thread (and from my personal experience) that the Empire stories are overwhelmingly better than the Republic stories. This is something I hope Bioware will address as new story content is added to the game. I hope they don't just nerf the Empire stories :D

I don't know, of course, but maybe the Republic writers were given some constraints they couldn't overcome, so it wouldn't necessarily be a knock on their talents, personally. Bioware just needs to rethink the Republic and and more high stakes decisions, betrayal and conflict to make their stories more interesting. They need stronger villains that are more personal to the character being played.

Originally posted by PWN_FACE

It's pretty clear in this thread (and from my personal experience) that the Empire stories are overwhelmingly better than the Republic stories. This is something I hope Bioware will address as new story content is added to the game. I hope they don't just nerf the Empire stories :D

I don't know, of course, but maybe the Republic writers were given some constraints they couldn't overcome, so it wouldn't necessarily be a knock on their talents, personally. Bioware just needs to rethink the Republic and and more high stakes decisions, betrayal and conflict to make their stories more interesting. They need stronger villains that are more personal to the character being played.

I haven't played all the republic stories yet, but I am doing the jedi knight and in that one you take on the Emperor. As far as villains go, I don't see how you can top that. 

• purewitzpurewitz Casselberry, FLPosts: 487Member
    Hands down the Smuggler's story is the best, then Bounty Hunter's. The others are just OK.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Originally posted by ktanner3

I haven't played all the republic stories yet, but I am doing the jedi knight and in that one you take on the Emperor. As far as villains go, I don't see how you can top that. 

Yes, the emperor is a great villain, but not necessarily in a "story" sense. That's because he's too distant. It's not personal. It's not a betrayal. It was set in stone from the beginning that he would be the enemy. It's like a soldier in World War 2 having Hitler as his enemy. We know Hitler was his enemy. It would be more intense, in that scenario, if it was one of the guy's squad mates for example, who betrayed the group in some way. Someone the protaganist had history with and built up trust with.  The dramatic conflict becomes more personal, more visceral.  Or conflict with a peer. The empire stories seem to have rivalries as a lot of their story element.

• i've only played a trooper all the way through. i felt it had a strong start but petered off pretty quick.  however there was one part that(i think in the second act but not sure) that had me sitting there for a good 15mins trying to decide what descision to make. i also really liked aric jorgans quest to find the captured members of his old squad
  • TigasnakeTigasnake Philadelphia, PAPosts: 33Member

1.) Jedi Knight - The villain is the freakin' Emperor.  It has the best romance in the game (Kira), and it's traditional, feel good, Star Wars.  You are following a similar Luke Skywalker/Obi-wan storyline.  Rise up as a hero, be tempted by the dark side, and prove that your strength of mind is more powerful than even the Emperor's corruption.

2.) Imperial Agent - This is James Bond gold at its finest.  As a Light Agent, favoring the time she spent as "Legate",  the choice at the end makes everything you did during Act 2 all the more incredible.  

3.) Sith Warrior (Light) - This whole story-line, you are pretty much shaping the path for a more merciful and fair government.  You baffle Jedi with your passive ways, and you are fearful among Sith due to your unmatched strength.  You are a gleaming diamond in an ocean of mud.  All this is done disceptively while under the command of the coolest and most calculating Darth in the game.

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR New York, NYPosts: 166Member

I've been following an interesting thread started by Elikal and I want to see a poll of opinions from people who have played through the stoies in SWTOR.

Here's the thread I'm referring to: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/375591/Blergh-I-just-CANT-cope-with-these-stories.html

"Best" here, for you sticklers, mean "your favorite." 

EDIT: I'm aghast. I may be the only one who voted for Jedi Knight. It was an accident. I meant to vote for Sith Warrior, but some how, I had a brain malfunction and voted JK

Yeah those Jedi mind tricks are a bitch aren't they.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.