Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First foundry ideas

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Really am hoping for some simple scripting for bosses but not holding my breathe on that.. what are some basic ideas people will do for there first foundry?

I'm thinking a 5 floor dungeon that each level is basically a long hallway with enemies swarming down on you then at the end of each hall is a big ass boss fight.. something simple to start out:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    I see an explosion of the classic PnP Modules being made like what is available to the NWN series.
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    If you want to see what is possible in the Foundry , download STO and play with it there. A good bet is that it will be carried over at a minimum 90 %. The difference being that this games foundry will be more plugged into the C-Store, since it's being released F2P.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk
    If you want to see what is possible in the Foundry , download STO and play with it there. A good bet is that it will be carried over at a minimum 90 %. The difference being that this games foundry will be more plugged into the C-Store, since it's being released F2P.

thought they were using STO as a base and expanding from it... i dunno i could be wrong on that

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Really am hoping for some simple scripting for bosses but not holding my breathe on that.. what are some basic ideas people will do for there first foundry?

I'm thinking a 5 floor dungeon that each level is basically a long hallway with enemies swarming down on you then at the end of each hall is a big ass boss fight.. something simple to start out:)

IIRC they've mentioned having some sort of templates for boss actions, where you could use one boss character model and combine it with a certain script of another boss. However, no custom scripting will be available.

Comparing NWO to STO foundry, they've mentioned it's like comparing W7 to W3.11.

I would love to see remakes of some classic WoW dungeons, like Scarlet Monastery or Zul'Farak.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Hard to say. I'm pretty interested in this function aswell, as I've been a PnP (and lately PbP) GM for more than 20 years and created countless of homebrew adventures.

Hopefully it won't be too limited so we can create something amazing with it.