Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stop whining about fight system!

IrondustIrondust Member Posts: 29

This is pissing me off. 

Check this world PVP video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdktYpJgnVI

You think you would be able to do something in a battle like this with slasher-like fight system like in Tera? No, it would be a clusterfuck. Notarget games are mostly oriented for 1vs1 to 10vs10 PVP, because with more people in battle, you just hasn't enough control over battle, you can't heal properly, you can't attack in one target, you can't control enemy.  Archeage has 100vs 100 sieges and 200+ sized world PVP battles. It NEEDS to have target system.

So stop talk things like "It is so boring to do questing and kill mobs with target system", because it will end in like 2-3 weeks, and then you will have to do PvP, and soon you will thank developers for NOT implementing Notarget fight system.

P.S. and don't even start with Darkfall,  mass pvp's in those was disaster. 

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    so what. Tab and target is still boring. People who hate it will be unmoved by a technology anti-pep talk.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Really don't get why people complain. Honestly I find combat harder content playing a game like Rift which is tab target then i do say Gw2 as the biggest example. All it is is a combat style, it doesn't really determine skill all that much, it depends on how it is utilized in making a game take skill to play.
  • shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Irondust

This is pissing me off. 

Check this world PVP video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdktYpJgnVI

You think you would be able to do something in a battle like this with slasher-like fight system like in Tera? No, it would be a clusterfuck. Notarget games are mostly oriented for 1vs1 to 10vs10 PVP, because with more people in battle, you just hasn't enough control over battle, you can't heal properly, you can't attack in one target, you can't control enemy.  Archeage has 100vs 100 sieges and 200+ sized world PVP battles. It NEEDS to have target system.

So stop talk things like "It is so boring to do questing and kill mobs with target system", because it will end in like 2-3 weeks, and then you will have to do PvP, and soon you will thank developers for NOT implementing Notarget fight system.

P.S. and don't even start with Darkfall,  mass pvp's in those was disaster. 

I do not agree with this post............

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i like tab target in mmos but I dont use tab for anything, ever. The tab button doesnt know who i want to hit, it just picks the closest one, so i manually click the person / mob i want to hit. I suck at pvp and i dont care much about it, but when it comes to action combat like TERA i would prefer to be in a huge war so i hit anything that stands in my way. Manually clicking targets when theres 100 people together is hard. 

At least with tab target in AA i wont need a gamepad (like in TERA)

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I agree with this post...

All Will Be Well.....

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107

So non tab target is not ment to handle more then 10 people?  u can have your own opinion but that video u linked looks like a cluster fuck of aoe and tab targeting with no real skills of having to avoid hitting ur own man, and manually aiming spells.... Im going to just assume ur trolling

im not going to even look for more videos (with A LOT more people on the screen than that video had ).

As i said, Play what you want to, but dont toss around BS ideas and assumptions because you like to play a tab target game more then non tab...that does NOT mean its better or more people like it...it simply means it works for you.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    It doesn't matter if its tag targeting or action combat like tera's,  both are fine and appeal to various gaming groups.  The issue I see is that Korea has the best internet in the world.  How those big battles translate via our crappy internet here in North America is another thing.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

What's the goal here? Is this supposed to rally players to the game? If they were turned off by the combat system then c'est la vie.

Last thing you want is malcontents trolling in the general chat because they hate the combat system. Or maybe you do want that!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

This discussion has been closed.