Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Help On Crew Skills

Hey guys I'm a new player to SWTOR was wondering if this is a viable layout for crew skills to make a lot of credits. 

On my Sentinel, I chose Cybertech and Slicing (Main toon)

On my Commando, I chose Slicing and Scavenging

On my Shadow, I chose Slicing and Underworld Trading.

Basically, what I want to do is to go Slicing for all my characters so they'll make enough credits and gather enough matts to send to my Sentinel so he can make Cybertech gear and sell it on the GTN. Is this a good choice? 

The worst that can happen is death :D

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by hotsnipez

Hey guys I'm a new player to SWTOR was wondering if this is a viable layout for crew skills to make a lot of credits. 

On my Sentinel, I chose Cybertech and Slicing (Main toon)

On my Commando, I chose Slicing and Scavenging

On my Shadow, I chose Slicing and Underworld Trading.

Basically, what I want to do is to go Slicing for all my characters so they'll make enough credits and gather enough matts to send to my Sentinel so he can make Cybertech gear and sell it on the GTN. Is this a good choice? 

That's an interesting set up that should work for what you're looking for. Cybertech is also good because it provides mods to all armour types in game, which is beneficial to your characters. If you want to earn decent money when leveling make sure to reverse engineer to learn at least the blue equivelent (purple is highest) as those actually provide benefit to people leveling. Green mods are usually ignored on the GTN  because they are as good or sometimes weaker than what is aquired in game. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• hotsnipezhotsnipez Member Posts: 8
    Ahh I see, but is my current setup a good way to make a lot of credits?

The worst that can happen is death :D

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i don't know if its the best way but it is a good way to make credits if you like playing the GTN.

there are better ways to make credits though if you like to farm.

there are some mats that can be farmed that are highly sought after, that are worth a lot.

also, doing level 50 daily's makes you a lot of credits as well.

especially if you have a character that can solo heroic 2's because you get purple mods from those as well as more credits.

JMO