Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And Wushu isn't P2Win?

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Was in Team Practice yesterday with the Guild leader of Goontang (goonsquad's wushu arm).  The multi gaming community of goonsquad is well known for it's less than ethical tactics in games, and I won't get into that here.  But while in the TP with him, a few of us got into the discussion of his guild and the fact that they were until recently very un-equiped and kind of newbish, yet were starting a lot of crap and making a lot of enemies.

He responded by telling us that a member of goontang, who happened to be an investment banker, droped 10K real life dollars on the game.  Converted that into unbound silver, and is using it to gear GoonTang to the tits & powerlevel thier divination.  I had wondered how the members of Goon had gone from wearing all wood gear to maxed out Silver gear in a matter of two days, and this definitly answers that question.

How is this not P2WIn?  It seems to be the pure definition of P2Win in my opinion.

P.S. he also said that the same member is considering buying one of the epic weapon skins for 9grand if they ever release them in the USA.

Comments

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    He probably lied?  You could also gear yourself for free with guildmates helping everyone out.  Gear isn't exactly the end-all, be-all, metric for player power in this game.
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

Not to mention goon tangs rather sucesfull campaign of camping the exits on the script steal events probably nets them a large cache of silver without spending a real world dollar

edit: and the weapon skin was just that...a skin...a decorative display of your personal dedication to the game and lack of financial restraint.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Not to mention goon tangs rather sucesfull campaign of camping the exits on the script steal events probably nets them a large cache of silver without spending a real world dollar.

I agree, buddy didn't drop 10K on anything.  That is a load of crap.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Black-DogBlack-Dog Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Not to mention goon tangs rather sucesfull campaign of camping the exits on the script steal events probably nets them a large cache of silver without spending a real world dollar.

I agree, buddy didn't drop 10K on anything.  That is a load of crap.

the only thing he droped was the kids off at the local pool...

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Anytime you can take real money and switch it to in game currency or buy things to advance you or others is P2W. This game having silver you can purchase gives advantage over others. Yes it does seem to be that way. Ill keep playing and check into it more. Not saying its a bad game, but the elements for P2W is there.

The cash shop isnt bad at all, just dont like the renting of things. Bt the purchase of silver though character bound i still dont like this part.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

It could be true I mean you hear about those stories all the time in EvE with rich benefactors spending tons of rl money to help the group.

Remeber however that for the last few days the beta bag event has been going on where it is pretty easy to get 30-50 dollars worth of game money per day selling bags to the 2-3 people trying for the top spot in the event. I pretty much much went from npc 26 gear to all 54 gear in the space of 2 days because of this so it could be totally in the realm of possibilty.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

How is it not p2w?

Because they are losing! Loosing badly. They get killed onsite. It's not safe to even be a member of that guild. It may break soon.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93
    So what you are saying...is if this story is true...then the proper term would be P2Lose? Does anyone have a problem with a Pay2Lose cash shop? I'm a big believer in people doing what they want with their money. However spending thousands on cash shops for mmos seems like a tragic waste to me. I mean if you want to help your guild, mail them all a check for crying out loud. Then again I suppose it's no different then smoking cigs!
  • django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    All Goontang members are Kill-on-site for me and my guild. They do not last long, even with their great gear. I have respect for the few members of theirs that can out-skill me 1v1 who also don't gank any of my members. That 10K sounds a bit a full as far as investing goes lol.
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Honestly I don't really care how much these guys try to inject their characters with money. The only thing that burns me is if it supporting this overpricing bs that happens in the markets. That stuff gets nuts; someone already mentioned 1 Ding equates to 30 bucks.

The reason the overpricing becomes a problem and how the P2W element comes into play; is that it then fules the fire of the market gouging and support of this P2W and currenlty Gold Selling rmt market. Snail's gotta get ahold of that at least. I won't be staying long if that element is around so flagrantly at release.

Seeing shit like armor in BETA! Going for 2Ding (thats another 60 bucks) and up is kinda out there for a game that hasn't actually gone gold. Fuck that, at all... Just craze to think about. LoL. I don't think Guentang is the root of any of that, but like I said if and when you do convert irl money to gold and then buy that stuff. You're feeding the beast. Be warey...

YO! It's crazy in the game the market man!.

Other than that nothing new from them. Just your run of the mill guenie action. Honestly they aren't even the worst of your worries when it comes to the trolls.. Wait to see the ones you can't even understand.. lol.. No offense tho.. just sayin..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by ragz45

Was in Team Practice yesterday with the Guild leader of Goontang (goonsquad's wushu arm).  The multi gaming community of goonsquad is well known for it's less than ethical tactics in games, and I won't get into that here.  But while in the TP with him, a few of us got into the discussion of his guild and the fact that they were until recently very un-equiped and kind of newbish, yet were starting a lot of crap and making a lot of enemies.

He responded by telling us that a member of goontang, who happened to be an investment banker, droped 10K real life dollars on the game.  Converted that into unbound silver, and is using it to gear GoonTang to the tits & powerlevel thier divination.  I had wondered how the members of Goon had gone from wearing all wood gear to maxed out Silver gear in a matter of two days, and this definitly answers that question.

How is this not P2WIn?  It seems to be the pure definition of P2Win in my opinion.

P.S. he also said that the same member is considering buying one of the epic weapon skins for 9grand if they ever release them in the USA.

If you can get what he bought from the cash shop ingame, its not pay to win at all. P2W is when you can buy stuff (that CANT be acquire ingame) from the cash shop that will make you more powerful than the ones who can't. That is P2W.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    The Hate toward this game is strong....
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    It's new, it's Asian, and it's more innovative than all recent Western games.

Of course people will hate it.

But most of the people bashing it just spread ill-informed bs and blatant misinformation ("it's ptw", "it's a Korean grinder", "combat sucks" etc), which is easily proven wrong by a simple fact check.

People trying to bash the actual features have a much harder time since that requires them to actually play and understand the game. And most people that make it past the tutorial seem to appreciate Wushu's uniqueness, even if they don't find it fun.
  • DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Yeah i stopped playing the day after open beta started bcause i seen how pay to win it was in the item mall, if you have the silver you can max out one of your internal skills in the matter of  hours.

Game is a joke.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Originally posted by Biskop

But most of the people bashing it just spread ill-informed bs and blatant misinformation ("it's ptw", "it's a Korean grinder", "combat sucks" etc), which is easily proven wrong by a simple fact check.

People trying to bash the actual features have a much harder time since that requires them to actually play and understand the game. And most people that make it past the tutorial seem to appreciate Wushu's uniqueness, even if they don't find it fun.

The same can be said for other games (TSW or GW2 as two of the main targets). The FACTUAL critic is rare, it's mostly either a lie, deformed reality or simply opinion ("Wot? No trinity? This game is FAIL").  What I really want to know is why people do that? 

BTW it's good that AoW has a built in 'filter' and actually needs you to use your brain a little

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Yeah i stopped playing the day after open beta started bcause i seen how pay to win it was in the item mall, if you have the silver you can max out one of your internal skills in the matter of  hours.

Game is a joke.

+1 I had the same experience but I still have the game installed just to prove wrong the fanboys I will play till after tutorial quest line and make a thread with screenshot and videos cause apparently they don't understand with words.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by muthax

The same can be said for other games (TSW or GW2 as two of the main targets). The FACTUAL critic is rare, it's mostly either a lie, deformed reality or simply opinion ("Wot? No trinity? This game is FAIL").  What I really want to know is why people do that? 

BTW it's good that AoW has a built in 'filter' and actually needs you to use your brain a little

I think we got to differ between the game and everything else.

In this case, AoW - the game - seems really good.

Everything else, greedy publisher, milking rules, P2W, all that seems to target on a special audience.

Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura

Game is a joke.

+1 I had the same experience but I still have the game installed just to prove wrong the fanboys I will play till after tutorial quest line and make a thread with screenshot and videos cause apparently they don't understand with words.

LOL the fanbois... nono there is no need, we believe you game is horrible, it's crap but please please this site it's already full of  crap spare us :)

Originally posted by rawfox
    Originally posted by muthax

I think we got to differ between the game and everything else.

In this case, AoW - the game - seems really good.

Everything else, greedy publisher, milking rules, P2W, all that seems to target on a special audience.

I don't know about the publisher or all this P2W stuff, but it's probably my fault: being over 40 I don't get all this kiddie drama that always surrounds titles with cash shops.... I just play games for fun

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Game is a joke.

My thoughts exactly.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Zeek1986Zeek1986 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Dont normally get invloved with the fourm drama but this can only be called a P2W if the cash shop items are not obtaniable in game. that being mentioned, most games that come from Asain market are very very successful with retarded cash shop percs.AkA Conquer Online.. That being said, none of the items in game are bound there for you can sell or trade everything. so to be succesful in a cash shop market or in your eyes a P2W game. you drop a few bucks to get your self started out then farm or grind "this is an asian game after all" then sell off everything you find.Hence now this "P2W" game has now just fed your family. Dont look at it like you need to waste all your hard earned money to be good at this game. But as a way to "MAKE MONEY PLAYING THE DAMN GAME". If that asshat spent 10k on shit then you work at being the dude that recived the most of his money.
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430

Game is a joke.

I have had fun playing this game. You have not. Who is right? We both are. Your upcoming post with screenshots and video's isn't going to change my mind about my experience of Age of Wushu. But feel free to do so.

Originally posted by Sal1

Game is a joke.

I have had fun playing this game. You have not. Who is right? We both are. Your upcoming post with screenshots and video's isn't going to change my mind about my experience of Age of Wushu. But feel free to do so.

Not trying to change anyone's mind but I will provide prove for the ones that keep saying that age of wushu is sandbox and its not pay2win.

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by Sal1

Game is a joke.

Not trying to change anyone's mind but I will provide prove for the ones that keep saying that age of wushu is sandbox and its not pay2win.

You bashed the game, you made your point(valid or not), can you just move on to the game you enjoy?  Who cares if its real sandbox or not, as long as game is fun.

I tried the game cause of miss leading information so I'm trying to clarify and give the right info. Some fanboys were spreading wrong rumors that's all.