Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile Constant Disconnections and failure to enter instances

fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Pretty much what the title says. This game crashes so much it's unreal. You constantly get disconnected and you often get the error that you can't enter an instance and you get booted to the login screen. 

Discuss :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Comments

• dooNzdooNz Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Beta, nuff said.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Guess thats what happen when a fresh new company with a tiny staff base releases a game that blows games like Diablo 3 with a huge production staff and financing out of the water.

Unfortunately I think a lot of the issues now have to do in part with recent Dos attacks as they try and find ways to protect the server from those people not wanting the game (best ARPG out there I'd be bold to say in my opinion) to succeed in fear their investment in other games is tossed away. Thats my assumption though.  Some people can't just have the wide assortment of different games available to play. Sure, I don't think Diablo 3 is a good game but theres no reason it can't continue to exist and people can still enjoy playing it.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    It's to be expected,it's open beta and they've had a lot of people online.Plus it's only been 6 days.D3 had problem's also,for weeks (error 37) .GGG has been patching every day it seem's.I'm confident it will work itself out.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Mine was doing that yesterday after the server restart. Hasn't happened once today though.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I am not saying the game is not cool as it is :D But these disconnections are very annoying. My friend and I had to replay a few zones like 5 times now :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I broke a Nail. Should I start a new topic?

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by Ivylena
    I broke a Nail. Should I start a new topic?

No need since you already hijacked my thread.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Yep, I'm getting disconnected a lot today.  I haven't really seen any major bugs.  There was one instance of me "teleporting" around the screen as I was trying to move, but I think that too was related to server and bandwidth issues.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    I had no problems until today, now im getting DCed every few minutes
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    open beta. a lot ppl playing game.
  • dooNzdooNz Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I guess I haven't played today at all, but from my experience it's been pretty smooth. Sure I've had disconnects and had to replay some instances, but considering an indie developer and the potential the game has I am very pleased.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    I am not saying the game is not cool as it is :D But these disconnections are very annoying. My friend and I had to replay a few zones like 5 times now :D

I agree that it's annoying,I'm avoiding any thought of hc mode atm and also have become accustomed to more frequent trip's to town.Hopefully it will be corrected soon.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    POE should not get a free ride just cus its an indi game, if the systems are not fit for purpose they are not fit for purpose.
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

do you want to hear a secret? but you have to promise to not tell anyone else, since it is really a big secret (at least it seems to be):

thats what beta is for - to test, to find and correct bugs. i know it seems a really hard to understand for most of the current mmorpg players, but open beta really ISN'T some kind of early access game release. if you did expect that game in beta will run smoothly without crashes and bugs, then you really don't understand what (open) beta is.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Pretty much what the title says. This game crashes so much it's unreal. You constantly get disconnected and you often get the error that you can't enter an instance and you get booted to the login screen. 

Nothing to discus, its a beta.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye

Nothing to discus, its a beta.

There is something to discuss oO! 

The fact that Diablo 3 charged you $60+ for this experience in a live game XD. 

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by expresso
    POE should not get a free ride just cus its an indi game, if the systems are not fit for purpose they are not fit for purpose.

BETA

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I don't give this game a free ride, I've actually just stopped playing for the day because I'm getting a lot of disconnects tonight. I don't like having to do that. I also don't consider this a beta, it's an unfinished release. No character wipes and a fully functioning cash shop is not a beta, it is a release. They are calling it a beta because they have released it openly to the public before it was finished. It is being played like a released game and it is making the money a released game would.

All in all though.. these issues are no where near as bad as they were with D3 when it launched. Inconvenience? Yes. Unable to play the majority of the time? Not at all. Servers occasionally go down for a couple of minutes, literally about 2 minutes, then it's back to business. With D3 they were down frequently for very long periods of time, literally hours...days in some regions. Payment models aside, this game is doing MUCH better than D3 did in terms of stability.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Yep, I've been getting a lot of disconnects as of late.  I think that about sums it up.  I could do a back charge to get my money back ........ oh wait.
  • R_M_BR_M_B Member UncommonPosts: 42

A bit annoying when it happen, but:

- they say it is still beta.
    No matter what some say about unfinished release (btw: love it or hate it, it is an industry norm nowadays), if developers say that this is a test release to see how large volume of players is going to be handled, no reasonable human being should expect smooth game play with no crashes, DC, and similar kind of issues.

- it is a free game
    Yes, free as in "free beer". And not "one free beer" but "free beer in unlimited quantity for unlimited time". Now sit for a moment and think about it: would you complain if, due to extreme crowds, someone spilled your free beer OR would you just spend some time talking to your friends and after a moment go to the bar for another free beer?

Do not get me wrong, I'm not saying it is not an issue. It is. And if it will persist, it may give the game a bad name that will stick to it even when they eventually solve the problem.
    But for now, I do not see it as something seriously impacting my gameplay experience. On my private list of issues it is even lower then more convenient passive skills planer on the web.

B)
    Originally posted by rbialo

A bit annoying when it happen, but:

- they say it is still beta.
    No matter what some say about unfinished release (btw: love it or hate it, it is an industry norm nowadays), if developers say that this is a test release to see how large volume of players is going to be handled, no reasonable human being should expect smooth game play with no crashes, DC, and similar kind of issues.

- it is a free game
    Yes, free as in "free beer". And not "one free beer" but "free beer in unlimited quantity for unlimited time". Now sit for a moment and think about it: would you complain if, due to extreme crowds, someone spilled your free beer OR would you just spend some time talking to your friends and after a moment go to the bar for another free beer?

Do not get me wrong, I'm not saying it is not an issue. It is. And if it will persist, it may give the game a bad name that will stick to it even when they eventually solve the problem.
    But for now, I do not see it as something seriously impacting my gameplay experience. On my private list of issues it is even lower then more convenient passive skills planer on the web.

I do appreciate that it is classified as "open beta" but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. What suprised me was that the game played much better a few days ago and while there were the odd disconnects tonight it happened all the time to the point where it was unplayable. Not just disconnects but also not being able to enter new zones (which is wierd because other party members could join the zone but I got disconnected -_-)

About the free beer thing, that is the thing which  I don't like about this game. I would much rather pay 60 dollars for this game as it is a very solid game and it definitely is good enough for a 60 dollar box price. If they charged for the box, they would get more $$$ which they could invest in servers :D 

What was really worrying is that ingame they broadcasted the following message:

"These disconnects will only occur during peak time in Europe and throughout the rest of the day the game is very stable". What I don't like is the "disconnects WILL only occur". Does that mean that this would keep on happening in the future?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

"There will be bugs" -seen that loading screen? ;)

Anyway, i don't have any disconnect-issues with the game and overall i think it runs surprisingly good. I think that this small company is really doing well with it, if you think back to recent desastrous betas of the big studios and their gigamillion $ titles.

I'm crashing to desktop every now then, but that could be my PC.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Level 58, I guess I managed to get in between all of thise disconnects for a little while. Sure it has some problems and they have been upfront about it, explained what was going on and how they are fixing it. Great game and it's free. Cut them some slack or go play something else.
  • EternalScribeEternalScribe Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, it's sucked.  I was in the room right before a boss, portal scrolled back to sell trash, got disconnected, loaded back up and was like two zones back at the waypoint and had to do again.  But. . .game is free, has awesome graphics for being free, has a nice background score, and the skill system is incredible.  So I've been pretty upset about the disconnects, but everything else is awesome so I've kept plugging away.
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

Yes its a Beta, Yes its free.

Still they need to fix this. This is getting to be a game breaking issue. This will drive customers away.

They need to fix this.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.