Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst ever purchases?

Comments

• hugtime4everhugtime4ever Member UncommonPosts: 38

TERA Digital Collector's Edition EU. 

nuff said

Looking forward to uhh.....
    playing: Civ 5, Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Hellgate London.

And i had to beg the cleark to sell me the last copy he had put aside for him self... god i wish he had kept it.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

hmmm worst purchase...nothing!

ahahaha stupid cashers ~_~

hallo ~_~

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

technically Mortal Online.... however i dont regret it. I try to support indie developers when I can

now my biggest REGRET in purchasing history is currently D3.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by AG-Vuk
    Take your pick of Cryptic products.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

My worse mmorpg purchases were

1. Collector's Edition Warhammer. Not only was it a terrible mmorpg, but the masks(character heads) you got from collector's edition was such an embarrassment I didn't even wear them. Looked like a 3 year old drew them.
    2. Star Wars The Old Republic
    3. Guild Wars 2

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• BlackraynBlackrayn Member Posts: 142
     Easily Warhammer Online!
  • Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

1. Diablo 3

2. Sword of the stars II

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    For me it was SWG.  It just wasn't a very good game to me.  I was dumb enough to try it again when Jump to Lightspeed came out (I only say dumb enough to try it again because the xpac cost by itself plus another 15$ to resub).  I don't remember ever being as disappointed in a game...twice.  
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

SWTOR-Collector's edition.

I refused to try beta because I didn't want to spoil launch...boy was that a dumb mistake. It was my one and only purchase regret. I usually do my homework to avoid any later regrets, but I let the Star Wars hype draw me in.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Luckily I've enjoyed every game I've purchased... even if it was only for a month or so.  Even games like Xsyon.

I guess if I had to choose.. my worst EVER purchase was RYL.... but luckiily I didn't spend very much on it.  Completely unplayable. 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

We're talking about MMORPGs? Then I'd say Guild Wars 2 and Warhammer online. Guess both are worst for me because of the grouped dynamic events. Fun idea but it kinda feels like playing solo...

Non-MMORPGs is a long list. But looking price/value wise (ie most expensive with shortedt playtime) I think it's Oblivion and Civilization IV. Oblivion because I was spoiled by Morrowind's deep system and Oblivion feld kinda shallow after that. Civ4 because it's just the worst civ-game ver made. Good thing that Civ5 is so much better (back to that Civ1+3 feeling)

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Aion DDE because I have no desire to ever play it again. I wouldn't have gotten it if it weren't for the people I was playing with. AoC would be close second and for the same reason.

Was going to say SWTOR CE but I feel like I'm finally starting to get some value out of it and don't have to keep paying for it.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

WAR I guess would be mine. Not that I actually regret buying it, it's one of the few mmos I paid full price for that I didn't get even 1 character to max lvl.

The PvP grind was so lame and one sided, the pve was good when you could find someone not grinding in pvp matchs and the world pvp was pointless. I don't remember what lvl I actually got to ( first lvl in the last tier on pvp ) but I called it quits and never went back.

SWTOR I can't really complain I got 2 characters to max lvl enjoyed the storys for both and played about 3 months. Not all that great for an mmo but I guess I got my moneys worth out of it.

• xSyngexxSyngex Member Posts: 44
    Warhammer online
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

I would never throw in GW2 as a worst purchase.  It retains it's value, just like GW1 did.  Love or hate it you still can always go back to it to check things out, do events, ect ect from time to time without having to pay a dime unlike WoW or any P2P MMO.

Worst purchase...hmmm.... likely SWTOR or Rift.  Total waste of money, still have the free 30 day play time with Rift so Rift might be the worst purchase as at least with SWTOR I played the betas and played at launch for a bit.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483
    TERA and Diablo 3... such a waste that i feel ashamed.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Earthrise, without a doubt.

Nothing compares to that game. It was so unfinished, so empty, so buggy, so clunky...there is just no way to explain how terrible it was.

Sad but true part of the story, the game was hyped very much by MMORPG reviewers...or at least one, not sure.

• SynadilSynadil Member Posts: 30
    Only one for me: Horizons. Yeah, I fell for the whole "miracle patch" lie.

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409

GW2 is probably the worst for me.  I bought it to play with a friend, enjoyed it for around 2 hours and struggled to make myself login for a few days before forgetting about it.

my swtor CE purchase was a bad choice also but my son loves the malgus statue and for all its faults I did get a lot of enjoyable play from the game.

My best choice is avoiding a purchase is going to be Neverwinter.  I love forgotten realms but I'm not falling for another f2p shop with a game tacked on ala TOR so at least I can look forward to not repeating my mistakes.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I'm going to have to go with Diablo 3. I had always been careful about what i purchase on day 1 before doing the research and boy was i fooled on this one.
  • WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57

WarZ

Brink but at least i played a few matches and had a little of fun compared to warz.

Diablo 3 was bad but...i had to see it with my own eyes.

SWTOR? I dont think so...i had a blast until i reached max level and had all the pvp gear...also sold that account and got 200 bucks...lol

I guess i could say Arma 2...i mean i only bought it for DayZ and now i have to pay for it again.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I spend a lot of money on MMOs.  Generally speaking, I don't hate any of them, although there are definitely ones that was pure waste.  I played SWTOR, WAR, AoC, Rift, etc.  All of them provided me with some entertainment for a while.  Not necessarily what I would call a bargain, but some fun nonetheless.  The game that I bought a lifetime sub for and didn't play more than a bit was The Secret World.  It too wasn't too bad, but I just couldn't get into it.  

For me, I think it's important to understand that there are games that are truly bad in a function sense, such as Mortal Online, and games that seem to be of reasonable quality, but I just don't like, like SWTOR.  I know it's splitting hairs, but I try not to label everything as bad, just because I don't like it.  I don't care much for WoW, but I hardly call it a bad game.

I self identify as a monkey.

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I consider Final Fantasy XIV to be the single worst purchase I ever made.
  • tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    GW2... I feel like I voted with my wallet for a style of game that I ended up hating.