Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst ever purchases?

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Star Trek Online - Played CO and knew it was not that great... Was in the STO Beta and knew it pretty much sucked balls... Still preordered the game hoping it would get better... Easily the stupidest game purchase I've ever made and the absolute last time I will ever preorder a MMO.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Guild Wars 2, bought copy for myself and my girlfriend.

Worst purchase ever and this is coming from a TSW Lifetimer.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by dimnikar

For me it was AION.

No idea what I was thinking.

Outside of MMORPGs, there's a number of impulse purchases on Steam I don't neccessarily regret (they were dirt cheap), but could've done without...

I'm glad I didn't buy this one.....I could see why you'd be upset...That was a terrible game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Anarchy Online

Age of Conan

Hellgate London

other online games, 

I may not have stuck with but I didnt feel ripped off

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Because I do research and have learned to think for myself, I don't regret any of my purchases.

Although a couple of CEs could have been bought at a discount later............

I do a lot of research and make my own decisions,but have to admit that Warhammer got me. By far the worst purchase I ever made. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Age of Conan I guess. Probably because it was the first MMO where I thought to myself... this isn't even close to being done.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Im one of those people who buys CEs because I actually collect them. The SWTOR CE IMO is a fantastic CE but the game isnt. The only mmo I regret buying is TERA and Final Fantasy.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    None, and I have played a few. I have a rule about games. If i get a $1 per hour, its a good buy,
  • AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

The Secret World... $10 ill never see again!

Or dragon age 2.

Uhh... what?

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Aion.

I thought I knew the game after closed betas, open beta and launch. But I was wrong.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    The only game/xpac I've bought that I wish I hadn't is Mist's of Pandaria.I only played it a little for a couple month's.My annual pass ran out and realized I'm done with WoW.Just tired of that game and better option's are abound.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Bean Burrito @ 7-11.
  • HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116

Guild Wars 2 for me.

I never had the opportunity to Beta it so I didnt know what to expect.

Horrible game IMO.

The one thing I will give them credit for is they gave me my money back and they never closed my account. Sadly I have played maybe 1 hour since initial release and them giving me a refund.

I just cant make myself play.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Everything after 2007.

Hmm.. Maybe it's the fault of this site..

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Warhammer, i was forced to quit the game due to bad performance and went back to wow in less then a week.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

For MMOs, would be Hellgate: London lifetime sub. Not because the game was bad (it wasn't) but because of the gross mismanagement and outright lies of Roper & co. I still fully intend to take my $120 back out of Roper's hide should I run across that piece of trash someday.

For regular games, would have to be Red Faction: Armageddon. The game is a huge step back from the previous installment, and was in fact so bad it managed to kill off the franchise. It still blows my mind how they could regress from an open world game with damn near fully destructible environments to a linear, level based shooter confined to claustrophobic caves.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

MMO: Aion or Vanguard SoH ( I actually played vanguard for close to year hoping they would fix the bugs, but here we are years later with a half assed F2P model and the same glitches that have plagued the game since release)

Single Player: Probably Diablo 3 or Demigod. Diablo 3 doesn't even really have an online component other than trying to log in, and Demigod is probably the worst MOBA I have ever seen.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    For me my worst purchase has to be Gothic 4..one of the most shocking gothic games i have played.in fact its not even worthy of that  title.the game itself looks fantastic..but it lacked just about everything that should be in a gothic game.and has if that was'nt bad enough i was stupid enough to buy the expansion which was the biggest rip off in gaming history..it took me 3 hrs to complete the expansion..and it  was'nt even linked to the main game.jesus i,m one dumb MF
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Take your pick of Cryptic products.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    AoC and Global Agenda for me
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I keep going back to play Swtor and enjoy it so won't say it was a waste.

My worse purchase was GW2. I bought into the hype, bought it, played beta and never even played at launch. It was entirely the exact opposite direction I wanted in an mmo. A massive world of public quests and watered down classes turned out to be the ultimate themepark and not the other way around.

The funny thing about Swtor is that with all it's faults it is still fun. As with most mmo's these days though I expect to take long breaks from it from time to time. I still await the so called sandbox games around the corner. Sadly though I am burned out on fantasy and see no good sci-fi alternative atm.

You stay sassy!

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    WWII Online.  Was fun when first came out but all the broken promises I regret spending any money on it in the end.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Mortal online

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    my worst are WarZ and GW2, and  DF:UW
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by tixylix

For me it has to be.

SWTOR - The Collectors Edition.