Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders Packs not selling well

GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Apparently they aren't selling as much of these as they'd like to. Another round of emails for the "Limited time only bonus currency" offer lol. Also "As an additional reminder - purchasing an Ultimate Pack still gets you access to our Closed Beta, but not for much longer! The 2,500 packs are selling fast, so put in your order today to secure your Ultimate Pack for launch!" lol. 

I wonder whats going to happen when they only manage to sale a handful of these founder packs by the time the game is supposed to launch. 

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Most sensible thing to do is to wait to see how the game develops, maybe 'if' the game develops, certainly wouldnt want to risk money on a game that may or may not make it out of Beta image
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Apparently they aren't selling as much of these as they'd like to. Another round of emails for the "Limited time only bonus currency" offer lol. Also "As an additional reminder - purchasing an Ultimate Pack still gets you access to our Closed Beta, but not for much longer! The 2,500 packs are selling fast, so put in your order today to secure your Ultimate Pack for launch!" lol. 

I wonder whats going to happen when they only manage to sale a handful of these founder packs by the time the game is supposed to launch. 

There's very little info about the game itself. Sure they've talked about the basics but actually endgame is still a mystery along with actual build diversity. Getting anything but the cheapest pack with your favourite hero is quite unbased.

My biggest issue with Marvel Heroes pre-order is that they didn't give closed beta access to any of the reasonable packs, only the megaexpensivesuperhyperpack.

Along with NWN pre-order developers seem to be completely at lost what players actually want from pre-orders.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

There's very little info about the game itself. Sure they've talked about the basics but actually endgame is still a mystery along with actual build diversity. Getting anything but the cheapest pack with your favourite hero is quite unbased.

My take is that the worse case, i will play through with the free heroes like a SP games.

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

I got the $20 Captain America Hero pack. I agree that the best thing to buy from these is a single hero you really like & then just play the game to unlock the others.

A great question is what the end game will be. Well from the vids I've seen and articles I've read about the game it is basically:

Start game. Level up your hero(s) via the 'X' number of levels/environments/missions in the game. When you finally have a hero at max level, you will play essentially the same levels/missions/etc.. to get new/better/or "best in slot" items for that character while also potentially looting new characters/costumes while you do that. Perhaps they might even have some form of raiding where the goal is to beat huge bosses for more loot.

Then PvP might be added in the future to add something else for you to do instead of pve for new loot.

Lets be realistic here. They will NOT have some sort of completely new end game type that the genre has never seen before. So don't be building your expectations for the game into something it's not going to be. If you think you can enjoy the game for what it is, like i explained above, then buy it. If not, don't.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by theniffrig

I got the $20 Captain America Hero pack. I agree that the best thing to buy from these is a single hero you really like & then just play the game to unlock the others.

A great question is what the end game will be. Well from the vids I've seen and articles I've read about the game it is basically:

Start game. Level up your hero(s) via the 'X' number of levels/environments/missions in the game. When you finally have a hero at max level, you will play essentially the same levels/missions/etc.. to get new/better/or "best in slot" items for that character while also potentially looting new characters/costumes while you do that. Perhaps they might even have some form of raiding where the goal is to beat huge bosses for more loot.

Then PvP might be added in the future to add something else for you to do instead of pve for new loot.

Lets be realistic here. They will NOT have some sort of completely new end game type that the genre has never seen before. So don't be building your expectations for the game into something it's not going to be. If you think you can enjoy the game for what it is, like i explained above, then buy it. If not, don't.

I expect the game to be pretty barebones myself, what will make or break it for me is the combat itself.  If the combat is engaging and challenging I won't need many bells and whistles to enjoy it.  If it's the kind of game where you can just shut your brain off and smoosh 1 or 2 buttons with almost no risk of dying then it won't keep my interest for long.