Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: How to Build a Hero

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In the latest developer diary from Gazillion Entertainment, the team discusses the ins and outs of building a great hero in Marvel Heroes. The diary also showcases the differences and strengths of each type of character class. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Looks like a fun game for the kids into action focused MMO, though maybe not for me. I love comics but not really into action grinders.
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    the game looks cool but im not paying anything until its release so theres no rush for me.
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

yeah Im not buying founders package of something I dont know nothing about..

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Game is fun but I actually agree with those above, don't spend money until you're sure you're into it. It's not going to be for everyone. In fairness, all of these action rpgs play exactly the same, the only thing that changes is the skin. This is even more true than genres like themeparks/sandboxes; in an action rpg you're just grinding for loot that never stops being potentially better. That's what Diablo and Torchlight boil down to, that's what this will boil down to. For some, that's quite a lot of fun (like me) but for others it may just end up tedious. 

I do think people should give the game a try though, it may not hold everyone long term but I'd be surprised if most didn't at least find it fun for a day.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    too bad the $60 pack dont give beta, insta buy
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    im surprised they did not include beta invites

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

getting a case of deja  vu with this game...

oh yeah just before microsoft canned the first "marvel online" game.. and it became Champions Online.

yeah i expect big things frrm this... ftp in 2 months.. maybe 3... and failing on all counts by the first year.

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    it is free to play
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    All founders packs should give instant beta access. The fact that they don't strikes me as being a bit shady. Are they afraid people will get into the beta, not like what they see, and ask for a refund? You'd think the 'oh so mighty' Dave Brevik would have a little more confidence in his game...
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by describable

yeah i expect big things frrm this... ftp in 2 months.. maybe 3... and failing on all counts by the first year.

As Arcona mentioned too, it is F2P

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    They sure are pushing the "Play as real hero, not some knock off". Considering a lot of people like making their own hero, its a little insulting to be told in so many words that your CoH creation was just a knock-off.
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by Rednecksith
    All founders packs should give instant beta access. The fact that they don't strikes me as being a bit shady. Are they afraid people will get into the beta, not like what they see, and ask for a refund? You'd think the 'oh so mighty' Dave Brevik would have a little more confidence in his game...

Sad thing is you shouldn't have to pay up front to help a company test its product.

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by describable

getting a case of deja  vu with this game...

oh yeah just before microsoft canned the first "marvel online" game.. and it became Champions Online.

Ummm...it's starting f2p....

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Arcona
    it is free to play

More like a free trial.  You really can't do much as a free player.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Ryowulf
    They sure are pushing the "Play as real hero, not some knock off". Considering a lot of people like making their own hero, its a little insulting to be told in so many words that your CoH creation was just a knock-off.

...and yet many many did make Marvel/ DC/ Whatever clones, so that would show that a lot of folks *do* want to play as their favourite hero.

The ideal situation ofc would be to have the best of both worlds, but, lets be real, this is a mass market action casual insta fun game and what they are offering is directly in line with that.

I personally have no issues with it. I won't be playing but it looks good for those it is aimed at.