Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless.

Comments

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Until there is an actual official forum for the game then little petitions like this need to be done.

Doesn't Bethesda have a forum for eso?

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/190-elder-scrolls-online-general-discussion/

Cheers to that.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Four0Six

Or TESO just goes the route that seems to be working ATM...Launch what you want, sell a bunch, take lots of fire about teh game, drop the sub model, and go to some F2, B2, CS, 2P model, yet still post profits.

Am I the only person who reads this, sees the actual trend and actually wants to do something about it rather then saying "OK, don't like, take money....shiney!".

DON"T BUY IT.

Stop thinking "You are the greatest fan of ES EVER and deserve to have the game made for you. "

Many many many many arent buying the crap games. The also arent trying to get game companies to make what they want.

It is ECON101. The game companies are making money by using this model, until they arent, they will continue.

Spouting off on a forum, or signing a petetion does nothing, when stacked against a poor sales number that will almost always be in the hundred thousands. SO for an example we will take 300,000 early adopter fanatics at $50 (low by todays standards), that is $1,500,000.00...without the zeros, 1.5 million.

Understand yet?

Maybe if you stomp your feet louder your point will get to teh investors in the developers, but I doubt it.

Here is an alternate plan I have for you: GO TO COLLEGE. Learn to program. Make what you want. Stop expecting others to do it for you. IN America you can get lots of loans from the government to do so. I am told in Europe, it is "free".

Or TESO just goes the route that seems to be working ATM...Launch what you want, sell a bunch, take lots of fire about teh game, drop the sub model, and go to some F2, B2, CS, 2P model, yet still post profits.

Am I the only person who reads this, sees the actual trend and actually wants to do something about it rather then saying "OK, don't like, take money....shiney!".

DON"T BUY IT.

Stop thinking "You are the greatest fan of ES EVER and deserve to have the game made for you. "

Many many many many arent buying the crap games. The also arent trying to get game companies to make what they want.

It is ECON101. The game companies are making money by using this model, until they arent, they will continue.

Spouting off on a forum, or signing a petetion does nothing, when stacked against a poor sales number that will almost always be in the hundred thousands. SO for an example we will take 300,000 early adopter fanatics at $50 (low by todays standards), that is $1,500,000.00...without the zeros, 1.5 million.

Understand yet?

Maybe if you stomp your feet louder your point will get to teh investors in the developers, but I doubt it.

Here is an alternate plan I have for you: GO TO COLLEGE. Learn to program. Make what you want. Stop expecting others to do it for you. IN America you can get lots of loans from the government to do so. I am told in Europe, it is "free".

They don't have investors. They invest in their own company. By the way, how is that economy class going?

Point is, we aren't stomping our feet. We are just vocalizing our opinion. If you don't agree with it, don't sign the petition. There is no point in trying bother us. I will continue my pursuit regardless of what a random guy on the internet thinks. In the end I'll at least know that I didn't quit just because some selfabsorbed twat didn't agree.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    "Oh noes 45 people signed a petition, we need to recalculate our budget, our sales projections are 2,999,955 now!"
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    "Oh noes 45 people signed a petition, we need to recalculate our budget, our sales projections are 2,999,955 now!"

Aye, around 50 people signed. That's in less than 24 hours. From this site and my social circle alone.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by asrlohz

Aye, around 50 people signed. That's in less than 24 hours. From this site and my social circle alone.

Yesterday the teso page here had around 10k unique hits, its already near 5k today, so not even 1%

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Just for arguments sake...

How many would need to sign a petition for the game to be changed in your opinion?

100?

1,000?

10,000?

100,000?

1,000,000?

And at what point do you think a developer would look at what their customers are saying and look at changing things?

Do developers pay people to test their game because they are 100% certain they have it all right or because they need to know if the game has bugs AND if the game works?

Do developers need to evolve the business model AND deisgn to meet the current market?

Do companies pay to have regular market surveys done and to find out what the market place trends are?

I think you underestimate just how important it is for developers to remain aware of what the markets are doing. And that happens by people talking, sharing opinions, making petitions.....

I know you will blow it off but there it is.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

My way of signing a petition against this POS will be to not buy it or play it.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• MollowMollow Member Posts: 66
    Ridicule much?
  • ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

How many would need to sign a petition for the game to be changed in your opinion?

100?

1,000?

10,000?

100,000?

1,000,000?

And at what point do you think a developer would look at what their cunstomers are saying and look at changing things?

Do developers pay people to test their game because they are 100% certain they have it all right or because they need to know if the game has bugs AND if the game works?

Do developers need to evolve the business model AND deisgn to meet the current market?

Do companies pay to have regular market surveys done and to find out what the market place trends are?

I think you underestimate just how important it is for developers to remain aware of what the markets are doing. And that happens by people talking, sharing opinions, making petitions.....

Seen devs who dont/didnt give a rats ass about what the community say/said.

So no... They've had many meetings about this for sure, Doing calculations and they've looked at many other MMOs and their models. And figured that this suits them and (Their) game, not yours, not mine. THEIRS. You can ask them to change, or put in a petition to change. But they wont. Like their idea for what it is. "play if you like, dont if you dont like" I'm sure ArcheAge suits those who want open world more.

If the majority of people like it the way it is. If you dont like their idea, go make your own game the way you want!

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

POS? Nah, it will be just great game when it comes to these one monthers, propably no longevity at all but a blast for few weeks or months. Kinda lika Skyrim was.

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Kuinn

POS? Nah, it will be just great game when it comes to these one monthers, propably no longevity at all but a blast for few weeks or months. Kinda lika Skyrim was.

And Planetside 2 is a One-night-stand after the pub and very drunk... waking up with someone you regret taking home.

Ateast in TESO you can play with ppl, big advantage to Skyrim

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Though I do agree that if a game isn't what you want then don't play it. Send a message.

Personally speaking I hope there is room for improvement and I would rather speak my mind and walk away then not speak my mind, walk away and wonder if I could have prevented the mistake.

I'm talking about after it launches. Of course peopel should feel free to express themselves. but after all is said and done, if it's not what you want then don't play it.

I did sign up to beta test and will test and give my opinions. But if the game isn't what I would be interested in I sure as hell won't buy it unless it really captivates.

Oh I will do that. Why on earth would I pay to play an online game that doesn't resemble a TES game when I have them installed on my computer anyway. I am looking for TES online and to me TESO isn't that atm, I hope it changes.

My hope is that TESO is the spiritual companion to the SPG games. At the moment TESO is about as spiritual a companion as a puddle of mud.

That would be where you're wrong.  ESO is every much an Elder Scrolls game as WoW is a Warcraft game.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by ikarrian

And Planetside 2 is a One-night-stand after the pub and very drunk... waking up with someone you regret taking home.

Planetside 2 is not a mmorpg, and has nothing to do with TESO, or did I miss something? :)

Skyrim was awesome game, I expect TESO to be at least good, hopefully even great. The themepark feature list however screams of 'one monther' when it comes to longevity. There's just no evidence to think otherwise, I wish I would be wrong, but wishes are for children right?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Yamota

ESO should be a large seamless world where you should be able to go wherever you want and join whatever faction you want (but obviously with consquences). This locking you into a faction is just rubbish, a copout and goes against the spirit of Elder Scrolls games.

Will that happen? No, the game is a ThemePark and no ThemePark to date has had a large seamless world where you have the freedom to join whichever side you want (or not at all). ThemeParks are highly controlled game arenas where the developers tell you what you can and cannot do. Easy for them but rubbish as gameplay (imo).

The entire world design seems to be there to support the PVP aspect of the game (large scale), it's a copout for PVP design I guess but anything else? I don't see it.

I think it is also an important distiction to cite that this is not another TES game. It is a game using the setting but trying to do it's own thing (inspired by not just TES titles, it's also inspired by the genre it's seeking to enter).

Should it be it's own game or copy the SP games? That's a question I don't think I can answer, I'll just say if it keeps players happy it did what it was trying to.

I can't say it's like DAOC until I try it, as GW2 sounded like it as well, as did TSW, yet they did not have that feel when playing.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Planetside 2 is not a mmorpg, and has nothing to do with TESO, or did I miss something? :)

Skyrim was awesome game, I expect TESO to be at least good, hopefully even great. The themepark feature list however screams of 'one monther' when it comes to longevity. There's just no evidence to think otherwise, I wish I would be wrong, but wishes are for children right?

both games have RVR

100?

1,000?

10,000?

100,000?

1,000,000?

And at what point do you think a developer would look at what their cunstomers are saying and look at changing things?

Seen devs who dont/didnt give a rats ass about what the community say/said.

So no... They've had many meetings about this for sure, Doing calculations and they've looked at many other MMOs and their models. And figured that this suits them and (Their) game, not yours, not mine. THEIRS. You can ask them to change, or put in a petition to change. But they wont. Like their idea for what it is. "play if you like, dont if you dont like" I'm sure ArcheAge suits those who want open world more.

If the majority of people like it the way it is. If you dont like their idea, go make your own game the way you want!

last time i checked - 55 people wasnt "a community"

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by Distopia From an RP perspective given the lore for the MMO, exploring other zones (enemy territory) wouldn't make sense at all to me. Considering that this is more or less a racial war.
    Well, it's not a racial war really. The Dark Elves enslaved the Argonians for gods sake. It's more political. It all revolves around the White Gold Tower.

Anyhow, I'm quite sure that a war doesn't mean that every person originating from a certain country would be banned from the opposing country just because of a war. However, there is also espionage and so on.

Er...that's pretty much what war means. People in country X declare war on people in country Y, which means anyone from country Y trying to get into country X get killed, imprisoned or just stopped at the borders. So it would not make sense for people to just waltz across borders in the game in the middle of a war.

An espionage system could be cool though. You could have a series of rewards where you can get gear and such that's only available from opposing factions as trophies. If you got caught, you die, lose whatever opposing faction stuff you have and you rez in your home city.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

Hey guyz u r sign mai vapid potishun!  We r chng welrd!

Jesus this is stupid... even for the MMORPG forums.

Originally posted by uidCaustic

they have 50 WHOLE SIGNATURES now.  The revoloution is gathering momentum.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by uidCaustic

they have 50 WHOLE SIGNATURES now.  The revoloution is gathering momentum.

"Dude you got guitars? Can I join?"

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Real mature.
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by Emeraq

I thought seamless meant no transition loading (or blank) screens? In which case both Oblivion and Skryim are NOT seamless.

Maybe I'm wrong about what is considered seemless but to me it sounds to me like this request is to make it truly an open world, rather than limiting access to your zone and PvP zones only.... 

Yes you are wrong, the gameworld is completely seamless, your are referring to the one major town in Oblivion, Morrowind and dungeons that triggered loading screens.  The rest of the game was seamless meaning you could run from one end of the gameworld to the other without a load screen.

You obviously didn't play Morrowind to say this. I'm playing it atm casually and the loading screens aren't just in one major town at all. When you change to some certain zones, you see a loading screen. When you open a door, another "kind" of loading screen. Sure they aren't everywhere but you see them way more often than what you're saying. You can't run to one end of the gameworld to the other without seeing some loading screens.

You can walk from Seyda Neen (sp?) to the other side of the continent with no loading screens.

From what I've seen, that not true at all. There's a loading screen as soon as you enter Ascadian Isles Region. Didn't try another road tho and I'm pretty sure every road will give you at least 1 loading screen along the way.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

53!!! 

VIVA LA REVELOCION!!!!

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Am I reading this correctly in that we won't be able to visit each area of the world with one character?

With MMOs still having an initial box price the capacity to try new MMOs that arise deminishes if you already have a set of games that you play.  While I'm sure the game will have a fan base and has the possibility of being a great game, I just cannot devote any time or resources on a game that restricts my access of travel throughout the world of Tamriel.  It's sad, but I don't want to have to create three characters and maintain those alts while also playing other games (both MMO and not) along with my other daily activities.

This is a game I'll probably pass on, just on personal preference (or until the box drops significantly in price to try out the free month).  I'm just not interested in supporting a game that restricts me in exploratory ways, especially when that was what made the single player games so much fun to play for me.  Hope others find it enjoyable when it comes out; it might have change my mind when the box does indeed drop in price for me to try it out myself.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.