Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up ?

Is the game delayed or canceled ?

Comments

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by ArzhAngel

No way to know unless you pay for the pre-order and join the Beta Forum.

Even in a recent article done here at MMORPG.COM the "journalist" didn't question Tasos on the complete black-hole style infomation release.

Apparently Aventurine, Tasos, and some of the most ardent fans think this is a great strategy for keeping interest up while the game is in Beta.   How do you think it is working?  image

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

AV has been extremely busy fixing game breaking bugs in the beta. They're fixed thankfully.

All that's happening at the moment are large patches of balances, smaller fixes and behind the scenes the polishing up of more content to add closer to launch.

You'll most likely hear about DFUW again when it's very close to the real release, for now they're busy I suppose :)

• enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by Greymoor

AV has been extremely busy fixing game breaking bugs in the beta. They're fixed thankfully.

All that's happening at the moment are large patches of balances, smaller fixes and behind the scenes the polishing up of more content to add closer to launch.

You'll most likely hear about DFUW again when it's very close to the real release, for now they're busy I suppose :)

What bugs ? what to fix ? Im sure they announced game was release ready back in december 2012 . Did they lied then ? Cant be as AV never lies they just fool us all over......

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

not sure about the rest of you,  but I WAS super excited to play this back in october.

But to be honest the wind has slowly been let out of my sails. If the game does release I probably wont buy it unless it gets great reviews. I have just kinda moved on after all these rediculis delays.

They lost my money, because I have just become disinterested over time.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Its delayed not canceled.

However, its a horrible game and nothing like Darkfall.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Oh dear, that sounds warning bells.

Basically that sounds like they have untested content that hasn't even been rolled out in beta yet....so....yeah, a lot of beta testing to go yet i assume.

As long as they test it properly before launch it'll be fine, but so many companies have done this, added content at the last minute and released the game containing untested, largely broken and exploitable content.

The lack of information on this games current state is pretty much the norm, they have never exactly been a fountain of info up till now.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

The information you posted here may or may not be correct.

Seeing as you are not claiming to be a developer from Aventurine... how do we know the information you post is any more or less accurate than any other posts (some of them a LOT less rosy sounding than yours)?

THAT is the main problem.  The last official public announcement on anything related to DarkFall is over a month old.  So... we get to rely on NDA breaking information, or assume that DF:UW is either delayed indefinitely or cancelled.  image

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Darkfall, Aventurine and their work culture is a metaphor of the Greek economy.
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    i too havent heard nothign about this game for quite a while now...I was pumped to get it but now i donno....actually forgot about it up till i seen this post :p

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I caved and dropped the $15 today for the preorder/beta whatever the hell they want to call it. I started in the Human city and saw maybe 2 people the entire time. Yea I should have waited a little longer.
  • SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

AV are currently in turtle mode. I suspect they're hiding in some basement until the fallout is over.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by SysFail

AV are currently in turtle mode. I suspect they're hiding in some basement until the fallout is over.

They're going to be waiting for a while because I don' t think it has even started yet.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    The silence is deafening.  It's very strange that there is so much silence after all that noise they made recently.  I hope they didn't do those videos and interviews just for the cash grab.  I really hope that whatever they're dealing with now was unexpected and will be resolved soon.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.