Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless.

17810121319

Comments

  • asrlohzasrlohz UddevallaPosts: 645Member
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Well they might have the money, but what about time. They might want to release fallout 4 or tes 6 in the future. If they keep adding stuff to TESO to appease the beefers they might end up releasing along side them.

    er....different companies if I am not mistaken.

    Zenimax and Bethesda soft are intertwined but they are both working at different projects. However Bethesda Soft belongs to Zenimax.

    image
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    I know they are separate dev teams, but with very big games like these, you like to release them 12 to 18 months apart else you get crossover and make less money. So no they won't delay TESO to add in a bunch of stuff to keep disgruntled ex swg players with nowhere else to go happy.
  • asrlohzasrlohz UddevallaPosts: 645Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Yes but they want to release TESO this year. They make less money if they release 2 of their big games the same year.

    Where are you getting that information? They haven't announced Fallout 4 nor TES VI yet.

    However, it's true, that they'd lose money due to marketing that way, but if they aim to make TESO an MMO it doesn't matter if they release more games the same year. MMO's are supposed to be durable, and exist for a long time. Point is that it won't hurt their budget even if they do release the two games at the same time. And if it would hurt them, they would atleast wait to 2015 before releasing a new title within the series.

    image
  • asrlohzasrlohz UddevallaPosts: 645Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I know they are separate dev teams, but with very big games like these, you like to release them 12 to 18 months apart else you get crossover and make less money. So no they won't delay TESO to add in a bunch of stuff to keep disgruntled ex swg players with nowhere else to go happy.

    You are apparently not very familiar with them, I assume. They are a massive fan pleaser, more often than not they actually add things to the game because of their fanbase. People have been complaining about Dragons since before Oblivion, hence why they added Skyrim.

    So even if it is delayed a bit it wouldn't be that far off. We don't even know for sure that they aren't considering this themselves within the team.

    image
  • FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum

     It is, you get 3 games for the price of one. Replayablity will be huge.

    Let me tell you a joke...

    An Irish guy walks into Pizza hut and orders a pizza.

    The guy behind the counter asks "do you want this cut into 4 or 8 slices?"

    The Irish guy replies "4 please, I don't think I could eat 8 slices!"

    Some disclaimers, my family is Irish and this is a funny poke at the supposed rustic qualities we have. The point of the joke is to point out that it doesn't matter how many slices the game is cut into, it is still the same game and so has no extra replayability or additional games to play.

    Stupid argument!

    Would make sense in this case if the pizza had different toppings.

    It doesn't matter how many toppings you have...or slices.

    You still only get ONE pizza.

    No extra replayability, no '3 games' in 1. There is still only ONE game. You just have to create 3 character to get to play all of it.

    If you totally removed faction boundaries you wild STILL have the same content and the same explorable world.

     

     

     I don't follow you and your pizza. I can understand how the game will be 3 in 1 without trying to compare it to food.

  • ClawzonClawzon PitePosts: 192Member

    I love world pvp in all its forms...

     

    But hey, I'm 100% willing to be stand back and be prohibited from killing other players in their "homeland". Make it like old WoW and flag the intruder but leave the natives unflagged and safe.

     

    But please, let me explore the world.

     

    What if there's a great dungeon in Skyrim!?  Let my orc and his friends go there and enter that dungeon!

     

    Think about new patches and expansions. A new great raiddungeon in south east Argonia, Black Marsh and you need to enter it at its very location. The travel there through dangerous lands...

     

    Petition signed!

     

    :)

  • MiklosanMiklosan turkuPosts: 176Member

    First; I don't want to be forced to make an alt to be able to explore the world.

     

    Second; I definately dont want to be forced to make an alt on the other f****** factions to be able to explore the world!

     

    I just don't wanna hang around with the enemies on an alt. No thanks.

     

    Edit: Btw, in SWTOR you could make alt after alt after alt just to be able to explore different worlds. It was like 8 games in One!!! That made the game better?? I don't think so...

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by Fearum

     

     I don't follow you and your pizza. I can understand how the game will be 3 in 1 without trying to compare it to food.

    Seriously you don't get it?

    Ok OK....

    So which is more?

    A game where you have to create 3 characters to explore the whole world and all the quests (each character can explore 1/3rd of the game and 1/3rd of the quests) or one where you have to create 1 character to explore the entire world and all the quests?

  • asrlohzasrlohz UddevallaPosts: 645Member
    Originally posted by Clawzon

    I love world pvp in all its forms...

     

    But hey, I'm 100% willing to be stand back and be prohibited from killing other players in their "homeland". Make it like old WoW and flag the intruder but leave the natives unflagged and safe.

     

    But please, let me explore the world.

     

    What if there's a great dungeon in Skyrim!?  Let my orc and his friends go there and enter that dungeon!

     

    Think about new patches and expansions. A new great raiddungeon in south east Argonia, Black Marsh and you need to enter it at its very location. The travel there through dangerous lands...

     

    Petition signed!

     

    This is exactly what I want them to allow. It hurts barely no one. Leaving it out of the question damages the community more than it helps it.

    image
  • FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum

     

     I don't follow you and your pizza. I can understand how the game will be 3 in 1 without trying to compare it to food.

    Seriously you don't get it?

    Ok OK....

    So which is more?

    A game where you have to create 3 characters to explore the whole world and all the quests (each character can explore 1/3rd of the game and 1/3rd of the quests) or one where you have to create 1 character to explore the entire world and all the quests?

     You don't get how 3different types of character with 3 different story lines in 6 different lands (not counting Cyrodiil because will be explored by my first chatacter) will be like 3 different games? Not counting all the choices you can play through with the phaseing and how that reshapes the replayablity within each faction. Will probably make more that one character in each faction also.

    I will start the game with an Altmer for AD as my main and probobaly go Healer/Mage type until I get him pretty much maxxed out, then I will visit DC and make a completely different type of character probably like a melee warrior type and run through all the story lines and explore the areas then I will visit EP and make another completely different type of character probably Stealth type and run through the storyline and explore all the areas that are there, all this when I am not PvPing with my AD.

    How would you run through the entire game and all the quests with one character? There is 3 different storylines within each faction. You might be better off sticking with your pizza.

     

  • asrlohzasrlohz UddevallaPosts: 645Member
    Once again, the storylines would not be available for someone entering an opposing factions territory. There would be no less content just because you can explore the whole continent.

    image
  • FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Once again, the storylines would not be available for someone entering an opposing factions territory. There would be no less content just because you can explore the whole continent.

     Once again, look at the map.

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum

     

     I don't follow you and your pizza. I can understand how the game will be 3 in 1 without trying to compare it to food.

    Seriously you don't get it?

    Ok OK....

    So which is more?

    A game where you have to create 3 characters to explore the whole world and all the quests (each character can explore 1/3rd of the game and 1/3rd of the quests) or one where you have to create 1 character to explore the entire world and all the quests?

     You don't get how 3different types of character with 3 different story lines in 6 different lands (not counting Cyrodiil because will be explored by my first chatacter) will be like 3 different games? Not counting all the choices you can play through with the phaseing and how that reshapes the replayablity within each faction. Will probably make more that one character in each faction also.

    I will start the game with an Altmer for AD as my main and probobaly go Healer/Mage type until I get him pretty much maxxed out, then I will visit DC and make a completely different type of character probably like a melee warrior type and run through all the story lines and explore the areas then I will visit EP and make another completely different type of character probably Stealth type and run through the storyline and explore all the areas that are there, all this when I am not PvPing with my AD.

    How would you run through the entire game and all the quests with one character? There is 3 different storylines within each faction. You might be better off sticking with your pizza.

     

    You don't get it.....

  • FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum

     

     I don't follow you and your pizza. I can understand how the game will be 3 in 1 without trying to compare it to food.

    Seriously you don't get it?

    Ok OK....

    So which is more?

    A game where you have to create 3 characters to explore the whole world and all the quests (each character can explore 1/3rd of the game and 1/3rd of the quests) or one where you have to create 1 character to explore the entire world and all the quests?

     You don't get how 3different types of character with 3 different story lines in 6 different lands (not counting Cyrodiil because will be explored by my first chatacter) will be like 3 different games? Not counting all the choices you can play through with the phaseing and how that reshapes the replayablity within each faction. Will probably make more that one character in each faction also.

    I will start the game with an Altmer for AD as my main and probobaly go Healer/Mage type until I get him pretty much maxxed out, then I will visit DC and make a completely different type of character probably like a melee warrior type and run through all the story lines and explore the areas then I will visit EP and make another completely different type of character probably Stealth type and run through the storyline and explore all the areas that are there, all this when I am not PvPing with my AD.

    How would you run through the entire game and all the quests with one character? There is 3 different storylines within each faction. You might be better off sticking with your pizza.

     

    You don't get it.....

     Really? Because I think I get it fine. How is that pizza?

  • deakondeakon birminghamPosts: 583Member
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum

     It is, you get 3 games for the price of one. Replayablity will be huge.

    Let me tell you a joke...

    An Irish guy walks into Pizza hut and orders a pizza.

    The guy behind the counter asks "do you want this cut into 4 or 8 slices?"

    The Irish guy replies "4 please, I don't think I could eat 8 slices!"

    Some disclaimers, my family is Irish and this is a funny poke at the supposed rustic qualities we have. The point of the joke is to point out that it doesn't matter how many slices the game is cut into, it is still the same game and so has no extra replayability or additional games to play.

    Stupid argument!

    Would make sense in this case if the pizza had different toppings.

    It doesn't matter how many toppings you have...or slices.

    You still only get ONE pizza.

    No extra replayability, no '3 games' in 1. There is still only ONE game. You just have to create 3 character to get to play all of it.

    If you totally removed faction boundaries you wild STILL have the same content and the same explorable world.

     

     

    3 stories to replay vs one big one, three 100% different areas to explore rather than one big one, means more replayability because theres less repetition

  • AnthurAnthur StolbergPosts: 686Member Uncommon

    Actually I think you are both right. From your personal point of view.

    Can I have the pizza now ? :)

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by Fearum
     Really? Because I think I get it fine. How is that pizza?

     

    They offered me a great deal. I got 16 slices for the price of 12!

    Well it cost me a little bit more then 12 slices would ahve cost and they think I am am idiot but look at all my slices....I have so many more slices then everyone else. And they think I am an idiot....

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by Anthur

    Actually I think you are both right. From your personal point of view.

    Can I have the pizza now ? :)

     

    Do you want 3 slices or just leave it uncut. 3 slices you get more to eat though....

  • FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum
     Really? Because I think I get it fine. How is that pizza?

     

    They offered me a great deal. I got 16 slices for the price of 12!

    Well it cost me a little bit more then 12 slices would ahve cost and they think I am am idiot but look at all my slices....I have so many more slices then everyone else. And they think I am an idiot....

     Did you get toppings? I like pepperoni on 4, ham on 4, onions and peppers on 4 and the other 4 can be plain. I like variety on my pizza.

    Its almost lunch time, I'am getting hungry now.

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum
     Really? Because I think I get it fine. How is that pizza?

     

    They offered me a great deal. I got 16 slices for the price of 12!

    Well it cost me a little bit more then 12 slices would ahve cost and they think I am am idiot but look at all my slices....I have so many more slices then everyone else. And they think I am an idiot....

     Did you get toppings? I like pepperoni on 4, ham on 4, onions and peppers on 4 and the other 4 can be plain. I like variety on my pizza.

    Of course. Just pay for them all. Of course, for so many toppings you will be paying a little bit more but you seem like the type of guy who wouldn't realise paying for a topping on 4 slices of a 16 slice pizza being more expensive then 1 slice on a 4 slice pizza is such a great deal...

  • FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Fearum
     Really? Because I think I get it fine. How is that pizza?

     

    They offered me a great deal. I got 16 slices for the price of 12!

    Well it cost me a little bit more then 12 slices would ahve cost and they think I am am idiot but look at all my slices....I have so many more slices then everyone else. And they think I am an idiot....

     Did you get toppings? I like pepperoni on 4, ham on 4, onions and peppers on 4 and the other 4 can be plain. I like variety on my pizza.

    Of course. Just pay for them all. Of course, for so many toppings you will be paying a little bit more but you seem like the type of guy who wouldn't realise paying for a topping on 4 slices of a 16 slice pizza being more expensive then 1 slice on a 4 slice pizza is such a great deal...

    You don't get it...

  • darkbalthdarkbalth Edwardsville, ILPosts: 41Member Uncommon
    The game is not even out yet and everyone is already trying to change it.  This is what makes so may gmes fail  the community.  Not everyone has the same opinion let them build the game and if you dont like it then do not play.  That is the greatest  insult you can give the game.
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member

    Lets end this here. You see the logical type so lets make a bet.

    If I am right about how badly the game will do you can give me £500.

    But if somehow you are wrong then the loser will pay the otehr person £500.

    Sound like a deal? I like logical people just like you.

  • FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

    Lets end this here. You see the logical type so lets make a bet.

    If I am right about how badly the game will do you can give me £500.

    But if somehow you are wrong then the loser will pay the otehr person £500.

    Sound like a deal? I like logical people just like you.

     Sure. and a pizza. Send me your bank account info so I can wire you the money.

  • BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member
    Originally posted by asrlohz

    Hello,

    There is now a petition for TESO up, it includes a couple of sources, some concerns around the topic of the segregated regions of the map in Tamriel. In an interview Matt Firor stated that you will not be able to enter the enemy's territory unless it is in Cyrodiil's PvP Zone.

    Anyhow, You can read more about it at the petition site linked below. Please support this cause and help us get what we want.

    The petition can be found at:

    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/teso-seamless/

     

    You can also watch this video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpx-VcUc02c

     

    And read this interview:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpx-VcUc02c

     

    Thank you.

     

     I don't get how people come off thinking hey, lets ask them to recode the whole thing which we know isn't going to happen regardless how big this petition gets.  I say let the new company make what they want with thier vision. I want to play a Zenimax/Bethesda soft game not a MMORPG forum posse's game. Just saying.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.