Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have to vent this somewhere.

I am an old school vanilla WoW player.  I created my account in January of 2005.  Among today's standards, I am among some of the original Horde Tichondrius players.  I participated in the great "High Warlord" grind and achieved the rank of warlord.  I sold my account for quite a bit a money in those days (early 2006).  Back in those days the Horde on Tichondrius was the pinnacle of pvp talent.  There were no others that could compete.

I recently decided to level a new hunter.  I am currently lvl 68.  I decided to level my character through random BG matches.  Among the matches I have participated in, I have lost atleast 70% of them.  What used to be common sense among even PUG's, is now replaced with "wanna-be heroes" and a complete abandonment of teamwork.

I am here to vent my frustrations.  The Horde is the exact carbon copy of what the Alliance used to be in Vanilla WoW.  The most useless, most pathetic excuses of pvp'ers known to humanity. 

What the hell has happened to my beloved Horde?  Ally's openly kick your ass without even trying.  How do you sleep at night?  Kicking alliance ass used to be a given fact.

My dedication to horde is strong enough that I will no longer level my hunter. I will not transfer my hunter to the alliance. I will just sit and admit defeat and retire a character that barely got started. 

F U HORDE. You are worthless.

/end bitterness

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Well there's always the old saying: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

im right there with you man...this game has fallen far from what it once was...its now a huge dissapointment to the old school players who grew up with the grind and who hard hardcore skill...now any tom, dick and harry can pick up wow roll his face across the keyboard and BAM your 90 decked out with everythign handed to you on a platter.

Blizzard is trying WAY to hard to cater to the player base, in wich doing so they killed there game. Its sooo dummed down now that i dare say Runescape is more difficult to play....

I too was a vanilla wow vetrain...recently came back and wont be re subbing once these 2 months done...hell let alone buy this pathetic excuse of a expansion...

WoW is dead(to me) we can only hope Titan saves this downfall into madness that Blizzard has taken.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    This should be good.
  • zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

The change was subtle, it started around the times of Blood Elves and became more promounced when faction changes got implemented.

Horde in Battlegrounds today is pretty much what allliance was in vanilla. 

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Dantae87

im right there with you man...this game has fallen far from what it once was...its now a huge dissapointment to the old school players who grew up with the grind and who hard hardcore skill...now any tom, dick and harry can pick up wow roll his face across the keyboard and BAM your 90 decked out with everythign handed to you on a platter.

Blizzard is trying WAY to hard to cater to the player base, in wich doing so they killed there game. Its sooo dummed down now that i dare say Runescape is more difficult to play....

I too was a vanilla wow vetrain...recently came back and wont be re subbing once these 2 months done...hell let alone buy this pathetic excuse of a expansion...

WoW is dead(to me) we can only hope Titan saves this downfall into madness that Blizzard has taken.

WHOA big guy........

WoW still holds highly skilled and competitive players.  

I am only complaining that the HORDE is no longer the powerhouse it used to be. 

However, WoW now caters to a whole new crowd that it used to back in the day.   You cannnot blame them for that, they are a business after all.

What I am pissed about is the fact the HORDE have so easily and completely let hold of thier dominance.

THIS IS FACT:  The alliance are now the better players. 

/wrists

• LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271

Horde racials were heavily favored in pvp matchups all the way into Wrath and beyond.  When the Alliance started getting some decent racials (and the current controversial Every Man For Himself that humans have), a lot of FOTM pvp'ers switched.  Plus, the Blood Elves diluted the Horde's strength quite a bit, bringing some balance to the numbers of each faction.  Then faction transfers, of course.

But the racial imbalance was a strong indicator.  The redo of racials was the first sign of serious Horde definiciency.  Sure, they were losing a bit more often with Belfs around, but once the racial redo came through...it was an overnight flip-flop for my battlegroup.

Originally posted by jpnole

Think of me as the dumb old fool.

Convert to the alliance................fucking never...........never ever.

I am done with the game, ashamedly.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I agree horde aren't what they used to be but, alli are just as bad most of the time. Sometimes It would take 5 games for me to get atleast 1 win.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Maybe the Koreans have taken over. They usually lean Alliance.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Funny because on my Vanilla server our Alliance NEVER lost in BG. We had 12 Grand Marshals just in our guild alone (myself included) lol. Its all perspective really. I always felt the kids played the bad guys and us adults played the good guys. Thats how we felt on our server because the horde were OH SO BAD.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Originally posted by kabitoshin
    I agree horde aren't what they used to be but, alli are just as bad most of the time. Sometimes It would take 5 games for me to get atleast 1 win.

Brother, I went from level 65 to level 68, playing almost nothing but random BG's.   Horde lost almost all of the mathes.  At this point, a gambling man will always bet agianst the HORDE.

Such a sorry state of affairs.  

I WISH.......... I could convey the level of shame I feel.  This may sound extreme, but old school horde willl agree i think.

• Assassin_bloodyAssassin_bloody Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Maephisto

I am an old school vanilla WoW player.  I created my account in January of 2005.  Among today's standards, I am among some of the original Horde Tichondrius players.  I participated in the great "High Warlord" grind and achieved the rank of warlord.  I sold my account for quite a bit a money in those days (early 2006).  Back in those days the Horde on Tichondrius was the pinnacle of pvp talent.  There were no others that could compete.

I recently decided to level a new hunter.  I am currently lvl 68.  I decided to level my character through random BG matches.  Among the matches I have participated in, I have lost atleast 70% of them.  What used to be common sense among even PUG's, is now replaced with "wanna-be heroes" and a complete abandonment of teamwork.

I am here to vent my frustrations.  The Horde is the exact carbon copy of what the Alliance used to be in Vanilla WoW.  The most useless, most pathetic excuses of pvp'ers known to humanity. 

What the hell has happened to my beloved Horde?  Ally's openly kick your ass without even trying.  How do you sleep at night?  Kicking alliance ass used to be a given fact.

My dedication to horde is strong enough that I will no longer level my hunter. I will not transfer my hunter to the alliance. I will just sit and admit defeat and retire a character that barely got started. 

/end bitterness

around that level people usually use "Bots" to honor grind until 70 for pvp tier... but i've been alliance for awhile i recently switched over to horde because of pve wise on Illdian. I grinded 67-69 in random bgs. and i got 21 wins with 1,9k honor. It really detemines how well people actually listen in bgs, others rather run around with their heads cut off. Or they watch the chat. "Oh one of the bunkers are taken i need to take it back or stay here to defend this base." Or the popular i m going on a killing spree for more honor...  With bots they are programmed to mount and run forward or heal random players.. I had a monk on alliance cc me while i was trying to cap a flag, he didn't do any damage just kept ccing me.. then his buddies joined him. So i can't really say horde or alliance are better for bgs.. Lol 

Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Funny because on my Vanilla server our Alliance NEVER lost in BG. We had 12 Grand Marshals just in our guild alone (myself included) lol. Its all perspective really.

I retract everything I said about HeroEvermore and his guild.   Direct and personal attacks are not what I aimed for. 

I appologize.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

/end bitterness

PMSL at this post!!

You have been out of the game for an age and expected it to be the same? But of course that isn't the funny part!!!

The hilarious part of this post is that you rage on about how great you were and how epic the horde were at the time, but then you sold your account for a shed load of money (great dedication to the horde), probably to someone who had no clue of how to play the character/race and then wonder to yourself what happened to the great and mighty Horde!?!?!

If you did that then i would guess that a lot of other people did the same as well, so if you want an answer to your question i would probably look in the mirror for it.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Funny because on my Vanilla server our Alliance NEVER lost in BG. We had 12 Grand Marshals just in our guild alone (myself included) lol. Its all perspective really.

I retract everything I said about HeroEvermore and his guild.   Direct and personal attacks are not what I aimed for. 

I appologize.

its okay, we all have bad days. peace and love :D

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279

Can only speak from my experience....

Even Pugs in Vanilla employed some teamwork because you would still meet the same players time and again. On my server Horde always employed better teamwork because there was less of them so they knew each other better.

Cross realm BGs ended all that and made Alliance and Horde pugs identical.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

/end bitterness

Not sure this part is true.........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

/end bitterness

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue

Maybe this wil help idk you mostly see lvl cap groups (Lots) But if you start a group they will come. @ the least you know your not playing with bots this way.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

So nothing new here that blizz handed the horde easy wins in BG from Vanilla. Truth be told Blizz got so much grief from ally players about how lopsided pvp is for the hordies. So Blizz made the mechanics to be so easy that yes facerolls rule now. Its not how bad one side is vs the other, Rahter it is how bad the players are now and how bad Blizz allows botting for BG now. On a persoanal note I am thrilled that finialy Blizz made PVP so easy that hordies cant walk all over the ally no more. TY BLIZZ!!!

Anywho ya pvp and the whole game is unfortently no skill anymore. Oh just wondering maybe a hunter is not for you? Before I left WoW they were beast in BG maybe it was the way you played your toon? Just saying. Acualy the hunter class is the last of the great skill classes that takes something more then facerolling.

• xtrabulletsxtrabullets Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by Shadoed

/end bitterness

PMSL at this post!!

You have been out of the game for an age and expected it to be the same? But of course that isn't the funny part!!!

The hilarious part of this post is that you rage on about how great you were and how epic the horde were at the time, but then you sold your account for a shed load of money (great dedication to the horde), probably to someone who had no clue of how to play the character/race and then wonder to yourself what happened to the great and mighty Horde!?!?!

If you did that then i would guess that a lot of other people did the same as well, so if you want an answer to your question i would probably look in the mirror for it.

OHHHH DEEEP BURN! Well said.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Dantae87

What about the players that were there from the beginning and still enjoy the game? You do not speak for me and the many many other players that have been in game from day one and still log in and have fun.

This genre's players are like a broken record, "Woe is me, I remember when I used to game uphill both ways, flabbaflooflee!".

And the people that bash on this game are an entirely different broken record. If you don't like it you don't play it. Why do we need one of these posts every other day? This goes for ALL games. I don't like something I talk about it a few times and call it a day.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Shadoed

/end bitterness

PMSL at this post!!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

I joined WoW late, and I played both Alliance and Horde.  My experience was that PUGs routinely ran into partial premades and lost.  In BOTH, it was almost like the same people played.  After we lost it was "Gawd, Alliance sucks!" or "Horde always lose."

I was really befuddled.  Each side thought the other side always won.  The highlight of  my experience was when I was on Horde and we lost a game.  This obvious Alliance convert was beside himself.  He typed in chat "WTF?  I THOUGHT HORDE ALWAYS WON?!  DON'T YOU GUYS ALWAYS WIN?!!"

He was met with silence.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by jpnole

Think of me as the dumb old fool.

Convert to the alliance................fucking never...........never ever.

I am done with the game, ashamedly.

I think he meant that all the Alliance bad players jumped ship to play with the Horde, thus making the Horde the new bads.