Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless.

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Mael

If this actually was a daoc clone most of the moans from "tes fans" would be moot.

Daoc has a huge seamless world
    Daoc has player housing
    Daoc is not a raid or die game
    Daoc has important crafting
    Daoc has a pure pve server where you can make guilds and do all the dungeons with anyone.
    Daoc has pure pvp servers where you can go anywhere, kill anyone and guilds can claim keeps
    Daoc has core servers which have a simmilar setup to TESO (though they aren't instanced)
    Daoc has ZERO instances. All dungeons are open, all pvp is persistent.
    Daoc has a darkish fantasy setting like tes.

Basicly if they were actually making a daoc clone it would be very close to tes, much closer than your typical wow clones, much closer than cloning EQ. The only mmos I can think of that are closer to tes are ac and perhaps uo.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Emeraq

I thought seamless meant no transition loading (or blank) screens? In which case both Oblivion and Skryim are NOT seamless.

Maybe I'm wrong about what is considered seemless but to me it sounds to me like this request is to make it truly an open world, rather than limiting access to your zone and PvP zones only.... 

Daggerfall was seamless, you could run from one side of the map to the other without ever loading. Of course that would take you a few IRL days since that game was larger than anything we seen before or after. I did run between 2 close towns once, took me 2 hours. Map travel still required loading though.

Personally I would have prefered if ESO were more like Daggerfall. Best Elder scroll game made.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Fearum

Look at the map and then tell me how you plan on getting there.

I will get there on the purchasable pink bunnies that will be released as part of the 1st expansion. That is what my expectations of this game are now. BIG PINK RIDABLE BUNNY MOUNTS lol

But you know, the expansion  where they release Black marsh, 1 5th of Hammerfell and one of the elven islands...you know, where because we are factioned locked we will be paying for a small percentage of what gets released and can only explore the other parts of the expansion if we create alts. And remember, the more expansions the further down the tunnel you will have to go to experience that content.

Great business minds and great design descisions....with game is all WIN!

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Mael

If this actually was a daoc clone most of the moans from "tes fans" would be moot.

Daoc has a huge seamless world
    Daoc has player housing
    Daoc is not a raid or die game
    Daoc has important crafting
    Daoc has a pure pve server where you can make guilds and do all the dungeons with anyone.
    Daoc has pure pvp servers where you can go anywhere, kill anyone and guilds can claim keeps
    Daoc has core servers which have a simmilar setup to TESO (though they aren't instanced)
    Daoc has ZERO instances. All dungeons are open, all pvp is persistent.
    Daoc has a darkish fantasy setting like tes.

Basicly if they were actually making a daoc clone it would be very close to tes, much closer than your typical wow clones, much closer than cloning EQ. The only mmos I can think of that are closer to tes are ac and perhaps uo.

Let me get this right....they left out all that good stuff....and introduced faction locked races and PvP......so TESO...

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

I will get there on the purchasable pink bunnies that will be released as part of the 1st expansion. That is what my expectations of this game are now. BIG PINK RIDABLE BUNNY MOUNTS lol

But you know, the expansion  where they release Black marsh, 1 5th of Hammerfell and one of the elven islands...you know, where because we are factioned locked we will be paying for a small percentage of what gets released and can only explore the other parts of the expansion if we create alts. And remember, the more expansions the further down the tunnel you will have to go to experience that content.

It is, you get 3 games for the price of one. Replayablity will be huge.

Loke arena was bigger I think, covered whole of tamriel
  • asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by deakon

Go to the bottom of that post, its shows the areas that wont be in the game at launch one of those areas is the side of skyrim that borders hammerfell/high rock

OH MY GOD.

Just when I thought the design of this game couldn't get any more retarded!!!

Seriously....

*EXPLORE THE ENTIRE CONTINENT OF TAMRIEL AT LAST*

*Only 40% of the game world is explorable at any one time

*Actually we have cut sections of the world out of the map because if we didn't then our retarded race/faction lock system would have borders and we don't want you to have ANY way of arguing for it to be unlocked.

This really is funny....I an crying inside but laughing at how preposterous their design is....

Seriously, it is like telling lies.....eventually you are fucked as you cannot keep up with remembering all the changes.

Just leave the world alone, don't have borders, don't have faction locked races, don't fuck up the game just to have 3 fatcion PvP work when there is every chance your factions will be unbalanced anyway!!!!

It pays off to actually look at what your raging about before just blind posting about opening borders. Why would they release the world at launch? They are leaving it for expansions, its called a business model.

You've missed the point, it's not about expansions. We are talking about the initial places that you can visit. Except we want to be able to explore freely without having to level up completely new characters inorder to do so. It's not about expansions.

How are would you get to these other places?

Like you said, it pays of to actually look into what you are raging about. We can't get to those places because they will only be available to one faction. And we want to be able to explore without having to level up brand new characters just to see the world. We'd level up alts to experience the quests and lore. But we don't want to be locked out of a region just because people are leveling there.

For gods sake child, there are several real life historical events where armies and warlords have crossed huge mountains to get ahead in the war. And we're talking by horse and by foot. One of the features in Skyrim was that "You can go where you please, see any of those mountains over there? You can climb them."

And because I'm a fair player, here have a source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal%27s_Crossing_of_the_Alps

Loke arena was bigger I think, covered whole of tamriel

Actually, Loke meant that Daggerfall was bigger in landmass, walking through it would be the equivalent of walking through the whole of the British Isles.

Originally posted by deakon

Go to the bottom of that post, its shows the areas that wont be in the game at launch one of those areas is the side of skyrim that borders hammerfell/high rock

OH MY GOD.

Just when I thought the design of this game couldn't get any more retarded!!!

Seriously....

*EXPLORE THE ENTIRE CONTINENT OF TAMRIEL AT LAST*

*Only 40% of the game world is explorable at any one time

*Actually we have cut sections of the world out of the map because if we didn't then our retarded race/faction lock system would have borders and we don't want you to have ANY way of arguing for it to be unlocked.

This really is funny....I an crying inside but laughing at how preposterous their design is....

Seriously, it is like telling lies.....eventually you are fucked as you cannot keep up with remembering all the changes.

Just leave the world alone, don't have borders, don't have faction locked races, don't fuck up the game just to have 3 fatcion PvP work when there is every chance your factions will be unbalanced anyway!!!!

It pays off to actually look at what your raging about before just blind posting about opening borders. Why would they release the world at launch? They are leaving it for expansions, its called a business model.

You've missed the point, it's not about expansions. We are talking about the initial places that you can visit. Except we want to be able to explore freely without having to level up completely new characters inorder to do so. It's not about expansions.

How are would you get to these other places?

Like you said, it pays of to actually look into what you are raging about. We can't get to those places because they will only be available to one faction. And we want to be able to explore without having to level up brand new characters just to see the world. We'd level up alts to experience the quests and lore. But we don't want to be locked out of a region just because people are leveling there.

For gods sake child, there are several real life historical events where armies and warlords have crossed huge mountains to get ahead in the war. And we're talking by horse and by foot. One of the features in Skyrim was that "You can go where you please, see any of those mountains over there? You can climb them."

And because I'm a fair player, here have a source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal%27s_Crossing_of_the_Alps

Thats cute chief, but what does that have to do with this game. I guess your finally coming to the realisation that this whole thread is pointless.

Replayability would still be present even if you could travel throughout Tamriel. Even if you play as one faction and travel to the opposing faction that doesn't mean that you will be able to experience their content. So you can still make an alt for replayability. By that logic you would actually gain more hours of interest in the game if you so chose to have them without sacrificing any.

• MiklosanMiklosan Member Posts: 176

I want to be able to explore Tamriel on my main!!

Yes but THEY HAVE TO PAY PEOPLE to make those mountains and stuff to link the areas.

Good god are people being willfully stupid. These don't get the map posts are almost as stupid as the "copy wow not daoc, daoc is an instanced to feck uber themepark" posts further up.

Let me tell you a joke...

An Irish guy walks into Pizza hut and orders a pizza.

The guy behind the counter asks "do you want this cut into 4 or 8 slices?"

The Irish guy replies "4 please, I don't think I could eat 8 slices!"

Some disclaimers, my family is Irish and this is a funny poke at the supposed rustic qualities we have. The point of the joke is to point out that it doesn't matter how many slices the game is cut into, it is still the same game and so has no extra replayability or additional games to play.

Stupid argument!

Yes but THEY HAVE TO PAY PEOPLE to make those mountains and stuff to link the areas.

Good god are people being willfully stupid. These don't get the map posts are almost as stupid as the "copy wow not daoc, daoc is an instanced to feck uber themepark" posts further up.

LOL tell me about it.

Some disclaimers, my family is Irish and this is a funny poke at the supposed rustic qualities we have. The point of the joke is to point out that it doesn't matter how many slices the game is cut into, it is still the same game and so has no extra replayability or additional games to play.

Stupid argument!

Would make sense in this case if the pizza had different toppings.

Thats cute chief, but what does that have to do with this game. I guess your finally coming to the realisation that this whole thread is pointless.

Countless of times I've proven you wrong, and now you ask the most obvious question of all. It's about immersion. We want to be able to explore the whole of Tamriel on one character. Creating a sense of pride for ones faction. A lot of us do not make tons of toons to experience the game. Being able to see the sights without having to grind your way up to level 50 to see it all isn't worthwhile if all you want to do is to explore the world.

If you are going to post anymore nonsense, atleast do it after you've read the petition.

Countless of times I've proven you wrong, and now you ask the most obvious question of all. It's about immersion. We want to be able to explore the whole of Tamriel on one character. Creating a sense of pride for ones faction. A lot of us do not make tons of toons to experience the game. Being able to see the sights without having to grind your way up to level 50 to see it all isn't worthwhile if all you want to do is to explore the world.

If you are going to post anymore nonsense, atleast do it after you've read the petition.

What have you proven me wrong about?

LOL tell me about it.

If we have to settle for a loading screen between the factions area, that is fine. It's not exactly like they have to create new areas just because of that. Now read the petition before you start whining.

On an additional note, their company is worth 1.2 billion US Dollars. And I'm quite sure they have the resources to make it seamless by paying people to make those mountains. They will most likely earn it back in the process.

What have you proven me wrong about?

You would have known if you had learned to proof read before posting. Re-read the things you wrote if you want to know. Until then, I will not grant you anymore posts.

LOL tell me about it.

If we have to settle for a loading screen between the factions area, that is fine. It's not exactly like they have to create new areas just because of that. Now read the petition before you start whining.

On an additional note, their company is worth 1.2 billion US Dollars. And I'm quite sure they have the resources to make it seamless by paying people to make those mountains. They will most likely earn it back in the process.

I guess you still have no clue on what the map looks like here. Your still going on about borders and loading screens.

Well they might have the money, but what about time. They might want to release fallout 4 or tes 6 in the future. If they keep adding stuff to TESO to appease the beefers they might end up releasing along side them.

Stupid argument!

Would make sense in this case if the pizza had different toppings.

It doesn't matter how many toppings you have...or slices.

You still only get ONE pizza.

No extra replayability, no '3 games' in 1. There is still only ONE game. You just have to create 3 character to get to play all of it.

If you totally removed faction boundaries you wild STILL have the same content and the same explorable world.

Well they might have the money, but what about time. They might want to release fallout 4 or tes 6 in the future. If they keep adding stuff to TESO to appease the beefers they might end up releasing along side them.

Those are two whole different Devteams, Zenimax is in itself working on TESO, whilst Bethesda would be working on any other projects they might have.

Remember when Skyrim was due? Tod Brown was the spokesman for them. I'm sure he is involved in TESO as well, but most likely he is merely the Creative Director for TESO. Time is also a resource, and the more people you have, the more time you've got. I hope this clarified your doubt.

er....different companies if I am not mistaken.

Yes but they want to release TESO this year. They make less money if they release 2 of their big games the same year.