Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless.

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Distopia

Who are you to decide which is the right or wrong way? I also love how some of you have started with this idea that all of sudden DAOC was just another MMO,  it laid the groundwork for many PVP systems that followed.

I just wanna know why you guys can't get it, there are people who disagree with your point of view. You're acting as though you have some final say on these matters, to put it frankly, you do not.

Who are you to decide which is the right or wrong way? I also love how some of you have started with this idea that all of a sudden DAOC wasnt just another MMO, all it did was take what existed in previous MMOs and place it into restricted zones and that idea has been evolved into something new since then thus making it OLD AND OUTDATED.

I just wanna know why you guys can't get it, there are people who disagree with your point of view. You're acting as though you have some final say on these matters, to put it frankly, you do not.

See what I did there? I took your exact words and applied it to the other side of the argument because all that you said applies to everyone. The DIFFERENCE here is that those like me, are talking about an god damn RPG IP being turned into an MMORPG that is NOTHING LIKE THE RPG WHEN IT COULD BE MADE THAT WAY.

SWG, open world, open world PvP, close to TES in nature and had a HIGHER POPULATION than DAOC at its peak. There is NO OMG RVR WAS THE UBER LEET MOST POPULAR THING EVAR to go by here.

The point is and always WILL BE that they are making TES into DAOC when it SHOULDNT BE DONE THAT WAY, it should be just like TES and it CAN BE MADE THAT WAY.

Whats with the caps man, its very annoying. SWG died because nobody played it, its old and outdated and was never popular. DAoC is still going.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I wasn't expecting this to be a serious thread with ppl raging about stuff. Who makes petitions anymore ?

We should start a petition to save city of heroes.....oh wait.

• ThandrasThandras Member Posts: 41

Who are you to decide which is the right or wrong way? I also love how some of you have started with this idea that all of sudden DAOC was just another MMO,  it laid the groundwork for many PVP systems that followed.

Who are you to decide which is the right or wrong way? I also love how some of you have started with this idea that all of a sudden DAOC wasnt just another MMO, all it did was take what existed in previous MMOs and place it into restricted zones and that idea has been evolved into something new since then thus making it OLD AND OUTDATED.

See what I did there? I took your exact words and applied it to the other side of the argument because all that you said applies to everyone. The DIFFERENCE here is that those like me, are talking about an god damn RPG IP being turned into an MMORPG that is NOTHING LIKE THE RPG WHEN IT COULD BE MADE THAT WAY.

SWG, open world, open world PvP, close to TES in nature and had a HIGHER POPULATION than DAOC at its peak. There is NO OMG RVR WAS THE UBER LEET MOST POPULAR THING EVAR to go by here.

The point is and always WILL BE that they are making TES into DAOC when it SHOULDNT BE DONE THAT WAY, it should be just like TES and it CAN BE MADE THAT WAY.

Wouldn't that be bad business practice on their part? Why would anyone buy another one of the single player RPG's if they could play the EXACT same thing online. Seems like that would be a pigeon hole for the company. Unless there would be some reason for streamlining or channeling all their funds to focus on the online aspect to be the next "WOW killer" We've all seen how those attempts have turned out.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by sapphen

On the flip side how do racial areas limit the content you can access? All you have to do is make a new toon. I have dozens of Skyrim characters, had dozens of Oblivion characters, same goes for Morrowind. Nothing new to me there in terms of TES titles, I make a dif toon for every guild/side in the game. This seems even better as each alliance choice offers unique environments/stories, etc...

It limits the content I can access on one character.  Why do people think this is okay from an Elder Scrolls game?  The landmass is there, we should be able to freely roam without being restricted.

I create alts all the time in TES games but I usually don't play them seriously.  In ESO I would have to create and level 3 different characters in order to see the entire world of Tamriel.  That is not what I am looking for in a TES game.  I respect that you may enjoy alts, some do and some don't but I don't like to invest my time over 3 different characters.

(Now I can expect your response will be "you choose to limit yourself!"  I don't think that's a fair assumtion, I choose my playstyle - zenimax choose to limit my playstyle.)

I find it weird for a TES game to be designed like DAOC 2, what I am hoping is;

A: Questing truly involves exploration

B: offers large open environments to explore, similar to what an ES game would offer.

Now if these faction realms are small and/or full of artificial walls like we see in TOR, I will not be happy with that aspect of the game, it truly would be a contradiction to the ES experience.

That's how I feel about that.

As for your perspective; if your playstyle isn't accounted for who can really blame you for disliking what the core game is going to offer?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

The other point is they're making the game they are making, could be good, could be bad, who knows? The PVE experience could be very much like TES, might not be, don't know...

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by Emeraq

I thought seamless meant no transition loading (or blank) screens? In which case both Oblivion and Skryim are NOT seamless.

Maybe I'm wrong about what is considered seemless but to me it sounds to me like this request is to make it truly an open world, rather than limiting access to your zone and PvP zones only.... 

Yes you are wrong, the gameworld is completely seamless, your are referring to the one major town in Oblivion, Morrowind and dungeons that triggered loading screens.  The rest of the game was seamless meaning you could run from one end of the gameworld to the other without a load screen.

You obviously didn't play Morrowind to say this. I'm playing it atm casually and the loading screens aren't just in one major town at all. When you change to some certain zones, you see a loading screen. When you open a door, another "kind" of loading screen. Sure they aren't everywhere but you see them way more often than what you're saying. You can't run to one end of the gameworld to the other without seeing some loading screens.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    A petition right now to change the core design of the world?  Yeah...good luck with that.
  • ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Why are ppl so fixed about the games need millions of ppl playing? Having so much ppl only ends up like WoW with gold farmers and hundreds of thousands of stolen accounts anyway... Istaria: Chronicles of the gifted prolly dont have more then 2000 ppl playing, and they got 3 shards up. Atleast the devs are passionate about the game, and keeps adding stuff to it, instead of wasting time by getting kiddos accounts back. After they bought gold from a chinese RMT site that planted Trojan through their email verification............
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by Emeraq

I thought seamless meant no transition loading (or blank) screens? In which case both Oblivion and Skryim are NOT seamless.

Maybe I'm wrong about what is considered seemless but to me it sounds to me like this request is to make it truly an open world, rather than limiting access to your zone and PvP zones only.... 

Yes you are wrong, the gameworld is completely seamless, your are referring to the one major town in Oblivion, Morrowind and dungeons that triggered loading screens.  The rest of the game was seamless meaning you could run from one end of the gameworld to the other without a load screen.

You obviously didn't play Morrowind to say this. I'm playing it atm casually and the loading screens aren't just in one major town at all. When you change to some certain zones, you see a loading screen. When you open a door, another "kind" of loading screen. Sure they aren't everywhere but you see them way more often than what you're saying. You can't run to one end of the gameworld to the other without seeing some loading screens.

You can walk from Seyda Neen (sp?) to the other side of the continent with no loading screens.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    in my experience games always turn out 100x worse when they stray far from their original design the developer originally thought up.. as you can see from the million i like game X prior to X expansion it seems many feel the same way.. i say if it's going to be a good game it will be if the devs have no clue it will show at open beta.. we shall see but by now im pretty sure things like this are set in stone in the overall game design.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Yakkin

Spoken like someone working in an industry that is running with outdated infrastructure and out of touch with its consumers and more than likely soon to be taken over, or run out of business by the movers and the shakers.

Companies with that mentality never grow nor can keep up with others. The very website you are posting on wouldnt be what it is if it wasnt for websites 10 years ago being moved by the wayside by someone making a website that broke the mold...and you NEVER break the mold with your train of thought, it requires a mind wanting to CHANGE the industry.

Being realistic and pragmatic isn't the same thing as being outdated and out of touch.

Making a currently new and popular IP using a game released in 2002/2003 that was never popular compared to the more popular MMOs basically making drastic changes to the original IP that most of its fans are used to is not being realistic and pragmatic, its being outdated and out of touch.

DAoC was a major hit, and it doesn't seem like they're making any drastic changes to IP as much as putting a lot of thought into the Elder Scrolls lore. DAoC is typically louded as the best PvP MMO ever and for good reason.

That being said, I'm in favor of seamless worlds and always hated loading screens. Actually I always found it lame you had load screens at every little building you entered in the single player games. The Ultima games are a great inspiration for Bethesda and it's a shame they didn't adopt the completely seamless world from that series into their game design.

I guess that may be one reason Zenimax believes they can get away with it, since Elder Scroll players are used to that kind of thing. To be honest I think they be very careful of straying from DAoC's design except where they know it failed (like ToA). We don't want it to turn out like WAR.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Hypocrite much?

Practice what you preach

I get that you want something else,  am I telling you my way is the only right way? I think it's safe to say I am practicing what i preach, as I understand my point of view is simply an opinion.

My view is also an opinion. Right or wrong. But it is MY opinion. Just because I disagree with yours doesnt mean its any less valid than yours. You act as though it is and that I shouldnt be allowed to speak my mind

In all honesty, you kind of come off as if you are always correct. "LOL! No, Zenimax wants to capture DAOC", or atleast something similar was what you said. That is kind of like shouting "You are wrong!" and you did it without any sources of why that would be. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but you do not make it clear that it is merely an opinion.

Originally posted by TheHavok
    A petition right now to change the core design of the world?  Yeah...good luck with that.

So the core design of the world is that you cannot walk wherever you want? I'm quite sure that it is not the core mechanic. Try again.

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by immodium

The thing is ESO will be using this megaserver technology (1 giant server). How can you segregate PvP and PvE? Could of worked if you had multiple servers.

TBH I didn't watch the youtube video, however I'm guessing it's from the PoV of a PvP'er.

They will be making one area(Cyrodiil) of itself for PvP, much like GW2's WvWvW, however I would prefer it if you wandered into someone elses territory, except Cyrodiil, that they'd be able to attacked you. (However, flagging themselves for PvP as well, allowing you to attack them as well.)

Edit: Fair point however, the megaserver might require them to remove that kind of PvP and cater to the PvP:ers among us by adding a designated PvP Area.

Pointless and annoying feature. I hated this in WoW where people would mass zerg capitals or kill NPCs.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

If people are factionless at start then people can wander the entire world of Tamriel (you know, one of the major selling points of the game) without it being an issue.

If race wasn't locked into faction then people wouldn't see an Orc and automatically know which faction they belonged to and so would not assume they are in your lands for Evil reasons.

Up until the point where someone aligned themselves with one of the factions they would be free to be whatever they wanted, a trader, adventurer, blacksmith, potionmaker. Mages could go on pilgramages to the College at Winterhold, Bretons could visit the swamps of the far east or the cloudy morrowind.

Factions, or rather race locked factions assigned at character creation just destroys so much potential and freedom. I still am baffled that anyone can see an advantage to it. You can still have 3 faction PvP without locking it to race.....what benefit does locking it have? Really, I struggle to see any benefit.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I do not support this one bit.

Why would you want to take something that has only been done one other time in modern MMO gaming (DAoC) and instead make it like every single MMO in Existence.  Isn't it bad enough that it undeservedly is called a clone and those same people want to make it more clone like?  *BOGGLES*

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I want to explore the full map with one character, it can't be difficult to remove that boundaries, I signed it.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Why would you want to take something that has only been done one other time in modern MMO gaming (DAoC) and instead make it like every single MMO in Existence.  Isn't it bad enough that it undeservedly is called a clone and those same people want to make it more clone like?  *BOGGLES*

I agree, said pretty much what I was thinking. No ty OP.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

So the core design of the world is that you cannot walk wherever you want? I'm quite sure that it is not the core mechanic. Try again.

Pretty certain I couldn't visit Hammerfell while playing Skyrim.  Or visit Elsweyr while playing Morrowind.  Or visit Black Marsh while playing Oblivian.  I'm just saying.

As for seemless, each territory is seemless and they are fairly huge by traditional MMO reckoning.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Well, he wants it to be free roaming through all the areas like an elder scrolls game.

So it really shouldn't boggle at all.

I guess he doesn't want his elderscrolls game to be a reskinned DAoC.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Tayah

I agree, said pretty much what I was thinking. No ty OP.

It's not about making it like any other MMO (Which is silly, this has barely been done the past 8 years.) It's about keeping the true feeling of The Elder Scrolls present. And SWTOR also had faction restricted areas, so for gods sake, read through the petition before you start tossing meaningless and groundless accusations along.

Pretty certain I couldn't visit Hammerfell while playing Skyrim.  Or visit Elsweyr while playing Morrowind.  Or visit Black Marsh while playing Oblivian.  I'm just saying.

As for seemless, each territory is seemless and they are fairly huge by traditional MMO reckoning.

Well, that's because the game was designed around Skyrim, but TESO is designed around the whole of Tamriel. The places exist in that game, it will just refuse you to enter them and explore unless you level up a new character. That's not ideal. And if you do like making toons nothing will change, you can still do it in that manner. Making toons will still allow you to access the faction restricted content. But exploring is in itself content.

Trust me, if you play on your main, walk through the enemy territory and see all those wonders, you will still want to experience the lore and the quests. The dungeons and treasures. It will lead to a whole other level of anticipation.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    They should copy DAOC MORE
    player housing
    Zero instancing AT ALL
    Huge open seamless world
    Ffa servers
    Coop servers
    Very important crafting

Which would also make the game more like tes.
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Not a valid argument. Hammerfall wasn't part of the Skyrim game. Might as well have said you couldn't visit Big Ben in Skyrim.

Both Hammerfell and Skyrim exist in TESO though it is just the game is stopping you getting there not that it doesn't exist in the game.

In fact the catchy "Explore the entire continent of Tamriel at last" is kind of a selling point.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by asrlohz Originally posted by TheHavok A petition right now to change the core design of the world?  Yeah...good luck with that.
    Pretty certain I couldn't visit Hammerfell while playing Skyrim.  Or visit Elsweyr while playing Morrowind.  Or visit Black Marsh while playing Oblivian.  I'm just saying..

In 8 days your premise will be proven wrong.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development