Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

gratz on major nerf

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member

great update happened today.... if this game was not killed yet, I guess it will add coup de grace to it.

1. daily achievements: before we got XP and points for each fraction, like 10 kills, 20 kills etc, now you'll get it only once. Now you need to dodge 20 enemies, so far all my tries got me 0, or it bug or I do something wrong, still it sucks. revive 15 allies is pretty long too.

2. temples: now we need like 3k people to get Grenth done, it was not a joke before, now it just too bad to do for like no rewards. Not sure for other temples, but I bet it similar, beside they were not that popular even before update as it more easy to run outposts / escort events for karma.

3. dungeons: how fun must be wait till we all die and gonna run back all long... what is brilliant social idea! Bravo! beside dungeons were annoying even before + missing finder tool + drop rate continued nerfs = great fun. from many MMO I've played so far, GW2 dungeons were far from my fun pleasant runs, now they became just to avoid.

4. adding new jewelry will kill skill which is not very demanded already, glad I'm done with when it was profitable. but who cares, economy at GW2 is suffer already.

That all I've noted so far, please add more comments.

People who still like it seems to love any grind etc, so I respect their choice and good luck for them to stay alone at GW2.

I keep asking me why ANet killing game they make, especially feel sorry for GW1 as they were very fun game, before some "nice" updated killed them. And here we go again....

I guess GW2 is now one more game I gonna visit time to time, while playing something fun.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

«1345

Comments

  • frestonfreston orensePosts: 521Member
    I dont know about the other points, about the dodge part, you must be doing something wrong. It worked perfectly for me. All in all i like the new changes, at least wht ive seen so far. 
  • evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    Erm, it's the best update they have done since launch. I agree with all the changes.
  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor AdelaidePosts: 549Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

    1. daily achievements: before we got XP and points for each fraction, like 10 kills, 20 kills etc, now you'll get it only once. Now you need to dodge 20 enemies, so far all my tries got me 0, or it bug or I do something wrong, still it sucks. revive 15 allies is pretty long too.

    Interesting because those two parts of the daily were the easiest for me and I completely them long before I finished the others.

    The dodge one you just pull a group of enemies and dodge about for a bit and that's that done.  The revive one find and event or area with lots of npcs downed and get them back up, doesn't take long.

    The Enlightened take things Lightly

  • itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member
    apparently for the dodge you have to wait for some weird message that popsup that says "evade!" before it registers. I suggested they delete this and bring back the underwater kills so much simpler to accomplish.
  • rafalex007rafalex007 dubaiPosts: 244Member
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

    great update happened today.... if this game was not killed yet, I guess it will add coup de grace to it.

    1. daily achievements: before we got XP and points for each fraction, like 10 kills, 20 kills etc, now you'll get it only once. Now you need to dodge 20 enemies, so far all my tries got me 0, or it bug or I do something wrong, still it sucks. revive 15 allies is pretty long too.

    2. temples: now we need like 3k people to get Grenth done, it was not a joke before, now it just too bad to do for like no rewards. Not sure for other temples, but I bet it similar, beside they were not that popular even before update as it more easy to run outposts / escort events for karma.

    3. dungeons: how fun must be wait till we all die and gonna run back all long... what is brilliant social idea! Bravo! beside dungeons were annoying even before + missing finder tool + drop rate continued nerfs = great fun. from many MMO I've played so far, GW2 dungeons were far from my fun pleasant runs, now they became just to avoid.

    4. adding new jewelry will kill skill which is not very demanded already, glad I'm done with when it was profitable. but who cares, economy at GW2 is suffer already.

    That all I've noted so far, please add more comments.

    People who still like it seems to love any grind etc, so I respect their choice and good luck for them to stay alone at GW2.

    I keep asking me why ANet killing game they make, especially feel sorry for GW1 as they were very fun game, before some "nice" updated killed them. And here we go again....

    I guess GW2 is now one more game I gonna visit time to time, while playing something fun.

    here is a story called i hate Gw2:

    long time ago (about 20 mins) there were someone who posted here about how bad the patch is and how bad the content of it is, and how the patch will kill this game.

    so this person comes here and say i shall bash this patch because i dont like it, (even thoguht he siad that he hate the game and wont play it), so he post here saying that this will kill the game (becuase he didnt like the patch) saying that the devlopers want to kill the game because they are adding updates he dont like.

    here is the truth: most off people here come and bash the game over and over and over and over and over (some of them dont even play it anymore and refse to even check it and if they do they log in for about 1 sec and they log out saying that notheing changed, that is okay {they dont like it}. but some of them dont even have the game and yet they bash it)

    WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU PEOPLE, WHY CANT YOU JUST LEAVE THE GAME ALONE, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BASH EVERY TIME Anet TRY TO SAY OR DO SOMETHING, SYRIOUSLY YOU NEED TO GROW UP (YOU DONT LIKE THE GAME WE GET IT AND WE ARE CRYING EVERYDAY BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE IT) BUT SINCE YOU DONT LIKE IT  AND YOU SAID THAT YOU WONT PLAY IT AGAIN, PLEASE DONT BASH IT JUST MOVE ALONG.

    /screaming off

    with that siad, i liked the idea of the patch and i need to try it more and hope you guys have fun too with what ever you do.

  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Anet staying true to anti grind policy i guess.. lol!

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

  • mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Anet staying true to anti grind policy i guess.. lol!

    If 20-30 minutes a day (on different activities) is a grind, whats next? They require you to log in to play, ITS A GRIND!?

    +i didnt really see anything about grind in OP, you in wrong thread?

  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon
    Uh, you actually think waypoint zerging made dungeons more fun?
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,829Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    apparently for the dodge you have to wait for some weird message that popsup that says "evade!" before it registers. I suggested they delete this and bring back the underwater kills so much simpler to accomplish.

    That is the message that appears when you succesfuly dodge an attack.

    You never noticed before?

    Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

  • mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    apparently for the dodge you have to wait for some weird message that popsup that says "evade!" before it registers. I suggested they delete this and bring back the underwater kills so much simpler to accomplish.

    That is the message that appears when you succesfuly dodge an attack.

    You never noticed before?

    Yah, i was vondering same thing, but since i havent done ti yet.

    You get "evade" message when you successfully...evade....attack. Always did get.

  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Newark, DEPosts: 225Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    apparently for the dodge you have to wait for some weird message that popsup that says "evade!" before it registers. I suggested they delete this and bring back the underwater kills so much simpler to accomplish.

    It's random.  Some days you'll get underwater kills, other days you get Items Crafted, and still other days you'll get Dodge.

    In order to successfully Evade your enemy attacks, you have to remember the five D's of Evasion; Dodge, Duck, Dip, DIve, and... uh, Dodge.

    Seriously, Wurms and Wurmlings are the easiest creatures to evade.  Just keep moving and force them to go underground, then evade their attack just before they re-surface.

    Top Games Played in 2015: World of Tanks, Tera, World of Warships

  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member


    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Uh, you actually think waypoint zerging made dungeons more fun?

    I must admit, may be but not sure or not only.
    Somehow I find GW2 dungeons mega boring, may be it comes after I was spoiled by nice run of WotLK dungeons, and some more games (what we call WoW clones) which make me feel like dungeon is nice, not too hard, rewardable time pass.
    yes I remember hard dungeons back to early WoW or even EotN at GW1, but it still was fun.

    Here I can't describe what bothers me the most, but I don't feel like fun to do them (I don't mind people who like them). Seems I'm not alone as dungeon achieve is sorta rare and most LFG are about to do CoF, AC or FotM.

    I mean if they really wanted to revamp them, they could make more attractive and fun runs.
    Now if anyone like to wait till all group wipe then run, good for them (many guys had never played any MMO or have idea they all done for slow boring grind).
    I don't see how w/o resurrection skill (let say we don't have ele or we need to bring ele now?) guys could resurrect anyone died next to mobs, before great update we could already ran half way,instate of wait, but not anymore.
    If caster survive it's group, he/she will need to suicide to run with all. That will cost more coins to repair and take more time for nothing.
    I bet if WoW introduce similar system, tomorrow they will get 0 sub.
    And to resume: Blizzard made too hard dungeons for Cata final zones and lost 4 mil subs.
    Now and again, if you finished explore, dislike fun less dungeons and not PvP oriented to do WvW (even id it considered as PvE=D), what you gonna do in game?

    I don't HATE GW2 as I don't hate any game I've played (I can hate devs though), but why instate bring new content or even make existent more attractive for non-elitest player, all they find to do is nerf content.
    So no need to use CAP and post something like: "please don't hate my game". Even if you like it doesn't mean it great game and no need to be improved. I got similar issue when posted constructive criticism about runescape (did twice in 2 different periods, was right twice) and WoW Cata (was right too), and got all rotten tomatos from overexcited fans. Result: game lost popularity and played base, fans started to quite too as it's not fun to play alone.

    P.S. thanks for dodge tip, I saw it too, so not all or each time count but only when you have message "EVADE", pretty silly, sorry to tell.

    try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  • mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by BitterClinger
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    apparently for the dodge you have to wait for some weird message that popsup that says "evade!" before it registers. I suggested they delete this and bring back the underwater kills so much simpler to accomplish.

    It's random.  Some days you'll get underwater kills, other days you get Items Crafted, and still other days you'll get Dodge.

    In order to successfully Evade your enemy attacks, you have to remember the five D's of Evasion; Dodge, Duck, Dip, DIve, and... uh, Dodge.

    Seriously, Wurms and Wurmlings are the easiest creatures to evade.  Just keep moving and force them to go underground, then evade their attack just before they re-surface.

    Young karkas are very easy to evade since you have few seconds to do it during their channel.

    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

    P.S. thanks for dodge tip, I saw it too, so not all or each time count but only when you have message "EVADE", pretty silly, sorry to tell.

    mmm, you get "evade" every time you....successfully dodge an attack. Cant really see the problem.

  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member

    lol problem is I keep click V and got only 5/15 evade so far, pretty annoying, seems to be random.

    try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  • mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

    lol problem is I keep click V and got only 5/15 evade so far, pretty annoying, seems to be random.

    Well, you actually have to dodge an attack. Just dodging around randomly wont cut it ;P

  • azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,058Member Uncommon
    How dare the game reward skillful play above zerging/random dodging/brute force.  The horror!

    Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

    Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

    Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

    image

  • lathaanlathaan viennaPosts: 475Member Uncommon

    a lovely patch - it shows how many people actually have NO IDEA how to play.

    They dont know how to dodge (no, dodging is not pressing the dodge button while sipping a warm beer in Hoelbrack), they have no idea how combos work, they do not rez (and yes, you could try rezzing one of the gazillion dead npc's out there - would take you erm ... 1 minute?), they tanked dungeons with money till now (meh, ill just run in again and pay the repairs - or wait! im a gud player, i ran in naked!!11).

    its unbelievable, but fun. makes you feel better.

    and this: pls l2p (no it cant get old, its a fact.)

     

    whats not so funny: they have the cochones to voice their "opinion" on a great patch ...

  • lathaanlathaan viennaPosts: 475Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

    lol problem is I keep click V and got only 5/15 evade so far, pretty annoying, seems to be random.

    now i think i fell for a troll tho ...

  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member


    Originally posted by lathaan
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly lol problem is I keep click V and got only 5/15 evade so far, pretty annoying, seems to be random.
    now i think i fell for a troll tho ...

    you feel smart now, right?
    I dodge when MOB attack me it obvious, so I never though I need to clear this point. Only sometime it "evade" and other time it don't. I have no clue why, ask devs or other smart people.

    I know how to ress and it take 1 min too long... best way is use ele ability if you need to know all.

    Beside if I don't know how to play it's may be because this game explains nothing much (see online manual), and may be I don't need to know too as apparently this game made for some elite people or for careless weekend players.

    Thanks for thinking that I'm naked bot.

    try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 837Member Uncommon

    Is there anything people don't complain about?  

     

    I have no problems with the patch or any aspect of it, including dodge.  Did it ever, even for the smallest of moments, cross your mind you might be doing something wrong?  All I did is go to WvW, anytime someone tries to hit me I dodge, it was that simple.

     

    I thought the updates were great, I can't believe people complain about every single thing Anet does.  Everything, all the time.  GW2 is one of, if not the best MMO released in the last 5 years.  Despite this people complain about everything.

  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member


    Originally posted by crysent
    Is there anything people don't complain about?   I have no problems with the patch or any aspect of it, including dodge.  Did it ever, even for the smallest of moments, cross your mind you might be doing something wrong?  All I did is go to WvW, anytime someone tries to hit me I dodge, it was that simple. I thought the updates were great, I can't believe people complain about every single thing Anet does.  Everything, all the time.  GW2 is one of, if not the best MMO released in the last 5 years.  Despite this people complain about everything.

    may be people who telling they love update can be more specific on what they like or they like at most?

    try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Freeland, MI, MIPosts: 1,122Member

    I have no issues with today's update, and am glad to see Anet is improving current content while making new content.  

    If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.
    image

  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon

    Yes, GW2's dungeons need some tweaking. However, tweaking them would be pointless without fixing the waypoint zerging problem. Now that they've fixed it, they can focus on making challenging bosses people won't just kill by suicide bombing.

    As for dodging, you're doing something wrong. I just completed the achievement and got a point every single time I dodged. It works fine and this is a perfect time to practice it and get better at the game.

  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow TurkuPosts: 1,187Member Uncommon

    Woooot!?

    A.net actually made dungeons require a part of brain and a slice of skill by eliminating the waypoint zerging.

    It took them only 4 months to realize this?!!?!!?

    Good riddance.

  • cinoscinos LondonPosts: 963Member

    Op if you are dodging and not seeing either your character take damage or the "evade" pop up then you are dodging too soon. Simple as that.

    You need to work on your timing. This daily will actually make you a better player as right now you are wasting your dodges.

     

    Edit: Additionally. This is the best patch they've released since the game came out. Lots of quality of life fixes and groundwork laid for more to come in feb/march. The overwhelming majority on every site and in game also seem to agree.

    If you think this is a bad patch then I suggest you move on, as nothing this game will do will satisfy you it seems.

«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.