Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst ever purchases?

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Swtor - 2 weeks play for £60
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Vanguard at full original price.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Wasted $750 and 4 years of my life on Eve Online. Took a while but I eventually came to my senses   :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Wasted $750 and 4 years of my life on Eve Online. Took a while but I eventually came to my senses   :)

That was your Titan that got obliterated the other day? I'd ragequit too! image

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Darkfall unholy wars. Worse ALPHA game ever bought.
  • ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Gw2 is mine.
  • Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Dark and Light. I pre-ordered to get into the Settlers of Ganareth test. Regretted it the minute I set foot in game.
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

hellgate london lifetime sub.

Rofl. My few friends were like YEAH! Diablo only in a more MMO FEEL, YEAH!

YEAH!

No...

No..........

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I didn't buy WOW at release. Then after a week or so I caved to peer pressure since all of my DAOC guild had switched and bought it. I didn't last 2 weeks. Even RvRing on a mostly dead server was more fun than WOW's kill 10 rats solo gameplay.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by apocoluster

That was your Titan that got obliterated the other day? I'd ragequit too! imageN

Lol I wish...well..uh not really.   I only got to dread. :) 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MckiedizMckiediz Member Posts: 48
    GW2....I played 2 hours and stopped...I can't get myself trying again, I really can't.
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Horizons. Played it for an hour never to touch it again
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

RF Online

I was actually really looking forward to this....I lasted twenty minutes and never bothered again.

That was the last time I got hyped uncondtionally over big robots and a flashy cinematic.

What a bad day that was..

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Mortal Online

Cost $75 for the standard box version of the game.  They never sent out functioning release discs to everyone that bought it.  2.5 years after release people (and these are their "fans")  argue that it's too early to market the game because it's "not ready" yet.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Champions Online. It was an impulse buy, as I saw it on the shelf at Wal-Mart. I thought, "Cool! Champions Role-Playing Game in an MMO!"

It was nothing like Champions.

I was also playing City of Heroes at the time and Champions was barely a mere shadow of CoH.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    DDO for me, bought on recommendation from friends and it totally wasn't the game for me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Rift (when it first came out).  I did have a little bit of fun there but not worth what I paid.  I have more fun in free to play games so I felt cheated.  I enjoyed Rift's, well, rifts.  Until they got gimped - high levels were not allowed in low level rifts.  I have always hated the separation of high levels from low levels.  I wanted to show off in front of newbs.  Looking at it from the other coin side, I always enjoyed it when high levels show off for me.  In everything except getting ganked (world PvP sucks).

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Swanea

hellgate london lifetime sub.

Rofl. My few friends were like YEAH! Diablo only in a more MMO FEEL, YEAH!

YEAH!

No...

No..........

You win the thread! :)

I fell sorry for you.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    One month sub of MO was 15 Euro down the drain. I stopped playing before the sub ended (unsubbed after about 2 weeks). I even supported this game massively at first! Apologize to everyone who listened to me. OTOH I never played WoW and now have a blast with Vanguard (and not paying anything). xD
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I don't know where to start. I've bought soooooooooo many games on steam that I have never even played. Of the 500-600 games I have there I think I have plaed only 20 :D Although I've bought some of them at a crazy cheap price so even if I decide to play them in the future would be worth it as I doubt they will get any cheaper down the line.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

SWTOR was probably my best purchase. Why? I quickly knew that this game was going to suck. Thus, I sold the CE for almost double what I paid for it just after launch.

Diablo 3 CE was the worst purchase.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    My worst purchase was GW1. I was completely bored out of my mind after 3 days. You dont meet anyone ever except in cities, the quests are generic, the crafting system unbelievably primitive, the combat system was trivialistic and monotonous. Good thing ? Well graphically it looked nice. And that was all.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

For me it was SWTOR sadly :(

Didn´t even make it till level cap...not even when it went FTP....

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by XAPGames

I've managed to skip most of the games I would have regreted purchasing.

I think its pretty simple really. Just wait a bit after release and check reactions of the players. ;-)

The only time when this recipe failed for me was Guild Wars.

But worked like a charm, for example, for Vanguard. Which I still play. Or Age of Conan. Which I never ever touched. :-D

• NachurNachur Member UncommonPosts: 14

Champions lifetime sub. I enjoyed playing COH for a month each time a new issue came out, and thought why not have access to the game any time I want.

Gamer logic through rose-colored glasses.