Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dwarfs...

NoradXIIXNoradXIIX Member UncommonPosts: 174

First of all I have to say that I don't know if the dwarfs exist in any Elderscrolls game, but i really wonder why. 

They are one fantastic race in fantasy games according myself. 

What's your opinion? :)

/sorry if this post is common*

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
[email protected]

Comments

• engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83
    in elder scrolls the dwarves are called dwemer and if im not mistaken they all were killed of a long long time ago in the lore.

played a million mmo's

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    They werent killed, they "myteriously dissapeared" one day ... a.k.a someone fucked up
  • Peters64sPeters64s Member Posts: 5
    Like the posts above explained, they all mysteriously disappeared from Tamriel. Their last known place of residence were the mountains between Skyrim and Morrowind. Interestingly enough, the dwarves in Skyrim weren't your typical whimsical mini warriors as seen in many fantastical plots. The dwarves/dwemers were a form of ELVES. A highly technologically advanced race of, relatively, short elves. Who would have known?
  • NoradXIIXNoradXIIX Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Xarko
    They werent killed, they "myteriously dissapeared" one day ... a.k.a someone fucked up

Ahh okay. Ty for info :) 

WOuld be cool to see the "mysteriously" appear from some expansion or patch :D 

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    [email protected]

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Dwemer ghost (?) in Morrowind.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    They're mistakenly called dwarves by humans.

Dwemer means deep elves. But the translation got screwed up.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by NoradXIIX

If they ever do they would most likely be enemies since they werent rly known for their love to others

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189

Dwemers are elf originaly, but got the name "dwarf" because they are the shortest among the elf races, but not that short like in other fantasy.

They are disaphered a long time ago, because of a fail experiment, they wanted to become the superior race and rule all of the other races. (mentality: arogant, they see others are slaves, and dont belive of gods, they want to become like daedra race)

They know magic and the only race who invent machines. (trap souls to make it work)

Only one dwarf remain becase that time he is on another realm.

Edit: about hight, i am wrong, they are not short at all...

More info: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dwemer

• DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126

Dwarfs are awesome.. In fantasy games they are always my favourite race to play...

But for TEO, I think I'll be starting with a Nord.. By the description they sound the most 'Dwarfy' in style and attitude, but not height 

;)

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by engellen
    in elder scrolls the dwarves are called dwemer and if im not mistaken they all were killed of a long long time ago in the lore.

Write a few more sentences to that lore and they suddenly came back alive..

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Gnomes >Brownies > Dwarves > Halflings

Gnomes are the best midget race ! we need more gnomes

Gnomes with pointy hats

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

My guess is we will eventually get a game where theyre the main antagonists as they dont sound the nicest of folk

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by XAPGames

Dwemer ghost (?) in Morrowind.

The undead Dwemer : Radac Stungnthumz

Link : http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer

I had always hoped that Bethesda would at some point revive the Dwemer race and add to the lore, but so far still only whispers and relics remain of a great race of elves.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I would imagine we would run across Yagrum, the last known living Dwemer in The Elder Scrolls.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

ESO is set 1000 years in the past. Since we know in Skyrim, oblivion etc (Elderscrolls current time) that the Dwarves didn't "mysteriously" reappear it would be pretty lore breaking. Such is the problems with always setting a new game in the past. Your are somewhat limited by what HAS alrady ahppened. (psst Jedi in SW:Tor no matter what you do your all pretty much wiped out, but don't worry the asith lose to no matter what they do.)

• Unfortunately no dwarfs, they gotta respect the lore.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Grimula

Gnomes >Brownies > Dwarves > Halflings

Gnomes are the best midget race ! we need more gnomes

Gnomes with pointy hats

I eat Gnomes for breakfast ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

If they ever do they would most likely be enemies since they werent rly known for their love to others

Well ESO will be a 3 faction game with some history combinded thru that idea. So why should'nt they could join in for the battle? :) 

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    [email protected]

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

First of all I have to say that I don't know if the dwarfs exist in any Elderscrolls game, but i really wonder why. 

They are one fantastic race in fantasy games according myself. 

What's your opinion? :)

/sorry if this post is common*

I like me a good dwarf.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Axxar
    Unfortunately no dwarfs, they gotta respect the lore.

Tell that to Blizzard who stole pandas from asia! :D 

Nah just kidding but they could change that part! 

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    [email protected]

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I don't see the point, if they added dwemer, all they would be would be slightly lighter skinned atheist dark elves.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I don't see the point, if they added dwemer, all they would be would be slightly lighter skinned atheist dark elves.

Well then don't add Dwemer, add dwarf... :D Problem solved! :D 

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    [email protected]

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    They'll probably add Dwarfs along with some other races in an expansion pack.
  • Originally posted by NoradXIIX

Well Pandaren are in WarCraft 3, so they're part of the lore!

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Well Pandaren are in WarCraft 3, so they're part of the lore!

The game takes place in a time period where little is known so they could bring the dwemer into the game, but it would be a bit lame for them to do so.

I dont think they will be allowed to anyway, I get the feeling the dwemer are being saved for something big in the single player games tbh